Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 - Coolness Factor = 71.2%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -S1000.htm

With the GSX-S1000, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again...

The 2016 GSX-S1000 is in the same family tree as the GSX-R750 born in 1985 and still dominant today. The new GSX-S models carry the spirit of Suzuki GSX-R to the street. They’re also closely related to the GSX-RR, Suzuki’s new MotoGP race machine.

It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage. This is about shared technology and components; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000 is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant that’s based on the long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which makes for ideal street-riding power and torque curve. Focused on making big power through the low and mid-range, this engine also uses cams optimized to deliver street-dominating power.

Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, Brembo brakes, and a chassis designed for street riding comfort, the 2016 GSX-S1000 is a street bike packed with some serious performance.

The naked-style single headlight GSX-S1000 is equipped with angular radiator shrouds that enhance the aggressive image and aid cooling performance.

From the DNA of a supersport legend comes the pure sport roadster, the GSX-S1000. A motorcycle built for real-world excitement. Inheriting the genuine engine and main components of the GSX-R1000, this thrilling machine puts the feel of world-beating performance in your hands. Take it to the streets, take it on the open road and get comfortable stretching every ride into a journey. Take control on the pure sport roadster.

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $TBA USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN

Engine
Engine 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four
Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
Starter Electric
DriveTrain
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Chassis
Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
Tires Rear 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 17.0 L (4.4 US gallons)
Color Metallic Triton Blue
Electrical
Ignition Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
DimensionsandCurbWeight
Overall Length 2115 mm (83. 2 in)
Overall Width 795 mm (31.2 in)
Wheelbase 1450 mm (57.0 in)
Ground Clearance 140 mm (5.5 in)
Seat Height 815 mm (32.0 in)
Curb Weight TBA
Warranty
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -S1000.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

With manufacturers still releasing their 2015 models, here we have a completely new 2016 model from Suzuki!

A big welcome to our very first 2016 motorcycle model to hit the Cool Wall!

No prices yet, but I don't expect it to be overly pricey.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

It's a very nice looking street style machine I am not an I-4 guy but plenty are and if the price is decent it looks a little curvyer than the z1000 Kawi and has more power than the FZ-09 and 07 I like them better BTW but IMO this is a cool bike.
there aint nothin like it

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I'm not usually fond of sport bikes....but that bike in blue is gorgeous.
It also has very nice lines.
I gave it a cool.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#5 Unread post by sunshine229 »

This one for me is awesome. After owning a Z750S, I see that this new GSX-S1000 is kind of chip off of that block but IMO a "prettier" bike than the Z1000. I am sure this bike is a blast to ride, and I appreciate that it is a naked sports bike too. Awesome in that blue colour too! :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#6 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Definitely a good lookin' scoot. I like the headlight shroud particularly, which looks like a robotic insect in profile.

Impracticle for anything I'd want to do on a bike, but certainly something other riders would get enjoyment out of. Also, I like most of what Zuke does and appreciate their overall presentation.

I wouldn't personally own one of these, so I can't give it an Awesome. But I'll give this a Cool to be sure.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#7 Unread post by ZRex »

Awesome. Maybe it is because I am getting old, but I really like a bike I can ride for more than 30 minutes, as much as I love sport bikes like the Ninja ZX-10R, Suzuki GSXR1000/750, Aprilia RSV4 and the like, but I am at the point where my wrist and back start to hurt way too soon on any "Race Replica" motorcycle. That is why I Love the "Naked Sport Bike" class. Handlebars instead of clip ons, a more rational seating position, you still get most of the handling with much more comfort. It is great to see so many great naked sport bikes out this year from KTM, BMW, Aprilia, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta, Ducati, and Suzuki, maybe I am not the only one getting old.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#8 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I love me some comfy do-it-all standards, so this is at least a cool for me. Now can we have the same engine, suspension and electronics in a more classically styled bike?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#9 Unread post by Hanson »

I still do not like all the angular bits of plastic. Yes, this is now the prevailing trend, but my preference is for the classic, rounded look.

Feeling old and grumpy,
Richard
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hanson wrote:I still do not like all the angular bits of plastic. Yes, this is now the prevailing trend, but my preference is for the classic, rounded look.

Feeling old and grumpy,
Richard
LOL!!

I had quite a laugh out loud when I read that...yes, I know what you mean!

Why can't it look like this right?

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... SX1400.htm

Mike