Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 URAL MIR - Coolness Factor = 72.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 URAL MIR on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... AL-MIR.htm

“MIR” translates as “World” and “Peace”...

Each year we take inspiration from the world around us to create our limited edition series. We explore the places that are far beyond the reach of any ordinary motorcycle, we come up with the cleverest equipment to help you conquer the unknown and we throw in a little something to raise your neighbor’s brows. ;-)

This year we are taking you to the outer space – the place where 20 years ago a joint Russian-American space mission Shuttle-Mir began an era of unprecedented cooperation and explorations. No wonder we felt a little nostalgic about that spirit of friendship and bridging the differences. We thought what better namesake for our 2014 Limited Edition and thus we bring you Ural MIR!

MIR comes in a brilliant orbital white with fine metal flake and finished with blue pearl clear. The result is a glowing white Ural with hues of blue that shift with the light - a perfect paint job for your intergalactic mission.

2014 LE Ural MIR - the only motorcycle that comes with the solar panel, the wrench and the Lev Andropov’s problem solving method.

Total Built for US : 20

2015 URAL MIR - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $16999 USD

Engine and Transmission

•Displacement, cc: 749
•Engine type: OHV air cooled 2 cylinder 4 stroke “boxer” (flat twin http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com)
•Valve per cylinder: 2
•Bore and stroke (mm x mm): 78 x 78
•Max output (hp): 41 @ 5500 rpm
•Max torque (ft-lbs): 42 @ 4300 rpm
•Compression: 8.6:1
•Fuel system: Throttle body EFI
•Starting: Electric & Kickstart
•Clutch Double-disc dry
•Transmission type: Manual
•Speeds: 4 forward 1 reverse
•Primary drive (rear wheel): Driveshaft
•Final drive ratio: 4.62
•Engageable sidecar wheel drive: Yes, driveshaft

Physical Measurements

•Overall length, inch.: 98.8
•Overall heights, inch.: 54.3
•Overall width, inch.: 63.6
•Seat height, (unladen), inch.: 32.0
•Ground clearance (unladen),inch.: 6.8
•Dry weight, lbs: 730

Chassis

•Front suspension: IMZ leading link fork
•Rear suspension: Double sided swing-arm with two Sachs hydraulic spring shock absorbers, 5x adjustable
•Sidecar suspension: Single sided swing-arm with http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Sachs hydraulic spring shock absorber, 5x adjustable
•Wheels: 2.5X19 Aluminum rims with steel spokes
•Tires: Duro HF-308, 4.0×19?
•Front brake: 4-piston fixed Brembo caliper with 295mm floating NG rotor
•Rear brake: HB big bore single piston integrated floating caliper with 256mm fixed NG rotor
•Sidecar brake: 2-piston fixed Brembo caliper with 245mm floating NG rotor

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... AL-MIR.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 URAL MIR - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The very limited edition 2015 URAL MIR as suggested by our friendly moderator blues2cruise!

Note: Check out the accessories it comes with... quite original and funny.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Very interesting choice this week!! Well done. I like a machine that makes me think about a vote. The Ural has always been a cool machine considering it's origins. (Search Wehmacht BMW) The unfortunate thing here is the lack of anything different except superficial stuff or maybe it is proof it's a winner? Either way I like it I do not like the price tag but I think tarriffs are driving the cost up rather than the machine itself so I will give it a cool.

there aint nothin like it

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#4 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I stand corrected they now have FI (emissions) and disc brakes!!!!!!!!
there aint nothin like it

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#5 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Given the egregious ways Russia's space program has been being manipulated lately by the Kremlin, the fact that Ural decided to name their newest 70 year old tractor after the MIR is beyond, like, way beyond, vulgar.

On the bright side, it ought to be a relief to the entire western world that in Russia, what passes for competence from their military contractors is manufacturing equipment designed to perform almost identically to what passed for good when color television was cutting edge tech. All we have to fear is tetanus, from the rust.

Fail.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I think it's cool.

I love the idea of a sidecar and a reverse gear.....I'd have one if the price weren't so high.

I'm used to a 40 HP motorcycle. :laughing:

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I guess it depends on context (ie, where you live and what you're going to use it for), this hack could either be an overpriced tractor, or brilliantly awesome. I'm voting for the latter. I mean, look at the thing! It's the motorcycling world's version of the Land Rover Defender; a decades-old design that is archaic in many ways, too expensive, and impractical, but it's completely fit for purpose, as focused (in its own way) as a MotoGP bike, and for its very, very limited uses, the best tool for the job.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#8 Unread post by ZRex »

Grey Thumper wrote:I guess it depends on context (ie, where you live and what you're going to use it for), this hack could either be an overpriced tractor, or brilliantly awesome. I'm voting for the latter. I mean, look at the thing! It's the motorcycling world's version of the Land Rover Defender; a decades-old design that is archaic in many ways, too expensive, and impractical, but it's completely fit for purpose, as focused (in its own way) as a MotoGP bike, and for its very, very limited uses, the best tool for the job.
That is a perfect description, which is one of the reasons I voted Awesome, the other is the huge grin I would have every time I rode it.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I had to vote: Awesome

After all, it's so unique that it would draw any crowd, and if you are riding in the winter (in snow) then it's like a UFO in the sky effect. I saw one once in Canada traveling down a road in the middle of a snow blizzard, oddest site I've ever seen, but there it was.

I've actually had the opportunity this year to ride a URAL, both in the saddle and in the sidecar. It's a very "raw agricultural" feel, almost tractor like in torque and personality, but nothing held it back, even off-road. It would be the "go-to" Zombie Apocalypse motorcycle that would sell for $100k if ever the SHTF. lol.

What other motorcycle offers so many unique items from the manufacturer? Shovels, blankets, solar panels, a big ship wrench, axes and even machine gun mounts on their side cars! LOL.

It's crazy, I like it.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 URAL MIR - Coolness Factor = 72.7%
Featured: November 7th, 2014 - November 14th, 2014
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50324
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... AL-MIR.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 URAL MIR is:

Awesome (3 points) 36% [ 12 ]
Cool (2 points) 52% [ 17 ]
Uncool (1 point) 6%[ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 6% [ 2 ]

Total votes: 33

= a Coolwall Factor of 71.2%

NOTES: Sometimes taking the road less traveled is a sure way to success and ironically the URAL does that in more ways than one! With a score of 72% we are looking at a bike that beats out many other advanced motorcycles (by decades of advancement), but in the end, it's not the tech that counts, sometimes it's not what's there that matters most. Something to think about for sure.

Next 2014 TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on, have fun!