Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: This Week: 2015 BMW S1000XR - Vote Now

#11 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

storysunfolding wrote:Still... the newer V-Strom 1000 kinda fits all the bills with the powerful grunt of a V-twin, cheaper service, cheaper accessories, and longer service intervals.
Plus its wheel sizes (notably the 19" front) are more accommodating to a wider variety of off-pavement tires.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hmmm, I'm going to go, Awesome

I was thinking of everything between uncool and cool as well, but in the end, as a bike, and especially as an Adventure bike, it has it's looks down pat and the power... 160hp and 112 torque? Nice!

But would I take it off road? nope. Would it see the roads my V-Strom saw? Nope. Not that it couldn't do it, but I'd rather something a little less powerful for the gravel and dirt myself and something with larger front wheels as well. That said, not many adventure bikes are really suited for off-road (see: Dual Sport), but if Adventure means ticking off the miles in comfort, power, style and class... well, there isn't many better sport-tourers out there IMO than this.

And it's a BMW.

Yup, awesome indeed. I just hope it isn't $17,000!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:This is why this forum needs a like button.
Did you hear that Facebook will be discontinuing the Like button in 2015?

If that comes to pass, just think in 10 years you'll say something "...like button" and it will be like someone saying "It's totally rad" today...lol.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#14 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Wait... is rad out?

My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

storysunfolding wrote:Wait... is rad out?

LOL!! GOOD ONE!

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 BMW S1000XR - Coolness Factor = 70.8%
Featured: November 14th, 2014 - November 21st, 2014
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50371
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1000XR.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 BMW S1000XR is:

Awesome (3 points) 39% [ 12 ]
Cool (2 points) 42% [ 13 ]
Uncool (1 point) 19% [ 6 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 31

= a Coolwall Factor of 71.2%

NOTES: A lot of very positive comments in the forum about the new BMW S1000XR and it's done pretty good in the voting as well. The big question lately is the definition of Adventure Bike, Dual Sport and Sport Tourer as these traditional lines get more blurred each year. But whatever the S1000XR is or is not, it's very capable motorcycle for doing most anything on. There are so many good forum comments it's hard to pick one, like "You're not meant to take it to Tanzania and back, or to take it on singletrack. It's a light sport tourer with a tall suspension to give your knees more room and deal with the odd pothole. It's perfect for what most adventure tourers are actually, honestly used for" - Grey Thumper.

Next 2014 TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on, have fun!