Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS - Coolness Factor = 69.6%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -S-ABS.htm

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

BREAKING BOUNDARIES...

The Vulcan S is not your average cruiser. It stands apart, with its Parallel Twin engine, unique frame and suspension layout, and its very non-traditional looks. Designed for independent-minded riders, it does not require the rider to conform to any heard-mentality fashion or lifestyle.

Unlike any other cruiser, the Vulcan® S is geared up to fit a wide range of riders. Never taking away from its stylish features, this bike takes comfort, adjustability and confidence-inspiring power to the next level.

Kawasaki introduces a modern take on cruiser style and comfort, with a customizable fit and smooth ride that promises to be fun

The 2015 Vulcan® S is a unique motorcycle that could only be a Kawasaki. It combines the low silhouette of a Vulcan cruiser and mixes it with Kawasaki sportbike-derived power and handling, as well as a custom fit concept, designed to comfortably fit a wide range of riders. The result is a package that offers comfort, confidence and adjustability, which combine to provide a very special riding experience.

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $7,399 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $7,999 CDN

Engine
Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, parallel twin
Displacement
649cc
Bore x Stroke
83 x 60mm
Compression ratio
10.8:1
Fuel System
DFI® with two 38mm throttle bodies, with sub-throttles
Ignition
TCBI with digital advance
Transmission
Six-speed with positive neutral finder
Final drive
Sealed chain
Performance
Front suspension / wheel travel
41mm telescopic fork / 5.1"
Rear suspension / wheel travel
Lay-down offset rear shock with linkage and adjustable preload / 3.2"
Front Tire Size
120/70 R18
Rear Tire Size
160/60 R17
Front Brakes
Single 300mm disc with twin-piston caliper, ABS
Rear Brakes
Single 250mm disc with single-piston caliper, ABS
Cooling System
Liquid
Details
Frame Type
High-tensile steel double pipe perimeter frame http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Overall length
91"
Overall width
34.7"
Overall height
43.3"
Seat Height
27.8"
Fuel capacity
3.7 gallons
Curb Weight
498.3 lb**
Ground clearance
5.1"
Color Choices
Candy Lime Green, Pearl Crystal White or Flat Ebony

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -S-ABS.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: This Week: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Carrie and I have a buddy at work who's REALLY into the V65 Magnas from the mid 80s. He's sold most of his stable now to make space for his Vic (space in his budget, not his garage), but before he got bit by the Vic bug this man had SEVEN V65's. Both stock colors, Andromeda Red and Midnight Blue, and then his custom jobs -- one blacked out, one Vegas glitter, one set up for long distance, so on and so forth. Seven of them. In asking why he had such an immense love of the "Vee" as he calls them, his reply was always that the V65 was the bike that captured his imagination when he was a young man, and so now that he can afford all the toys he wants he wants the Vees.

The Vulcan S will be that bike for me. When I'm in my mid fifties, I'll have a dozen of these things in every color I've ever liked. To me, this is an absolute homerun -- just enough cruiser for guys like me, more than enough naked for the rest. Classic lines that could accept dusty leather saddlebags as readily as Wal-Mart toolbox panniers. You could bolt a Memphis Shades Fatboy or a Laminar Lip to this machine and either of them would look good. And a full leather bodysuit would be just as at home on the back of this as a leather vest. Team Green just axed the competition, way to go guys!

Oh yeah. I vote AWESOME!!

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I sure do like that green....and the green piping on the wheels.

That must be a very short person in the picture. It's just a 650 bike and that person looks very stretched out.

I like the fact that they have come with a slightly smaller engine....more new riders can get into a bike this size.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#4 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

It's a cool bike but I don't like the way the tank and frame look so if it had a meh button I'd be there but for now sorry uncool
there aint nothin like it

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#5 Unread post by faded sun »

Nice looking cruiser, but I wonder how it looks with a proper pillion seat.

Or maybe you aren't supposed to have a passenger for that "heard-mentality" thing. Lol. Who writes these things?

Anyway, I gave it a cool.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#6 Unread post by montanalifter »

I love this bike, very cool. Don't feel its a two up bike but a great looking single seater. Really like that they went with a parallel twin that is liquid cooled. Green looks good and the pinstriped wheels look good. 7,400 bucks new, very cool. My vote is awesome.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#7 Unread post by Johnj »

Mike, I'd like to see a front / left side shot if you have one.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#8 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted awesome, for a number of (somewhat biased) reasons. First, I am a huge Kawasaki fan. Second, the engine in this bike is the engine I have in my 650R and it is fantastic. Third, the engine size is perfect for both new and seasoned riders alike. Then there's the green rim tape and the green bike is super awesome too! Finally, the price is really good at $8k and under for both USA & Canada.
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Johnj wrote:Mike, I'd like to see a front / left side shot if you have one.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, it's been a busy start of the week, then Thanksgiving, Black Thursday/Friday and well, time flies!

But, I looked through the 40+ media images and are the best 3 that show the front of the bike... quite an interesting headlight design.
3.jpg
3.jpg (107.89 KiB) Viewed 11826 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (98.31 KiB) Viewed 11826 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (91.33 KiB) Viewed 11826 times

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome.

It's amazing, what's old is new again and how history repeats itself!

Back in the day, we have the Ninja 500R and the Vulcan 500 LTD. Both used the same engine. In fact, they were Parallel Twins as well!*

Today, we have the Ninja 650R and the Vulcan S (plus the Versys) and again, same engines, same idea.

I guess what we are looking at then is what was a 500cc category is now a 650cc category. As bikes seem to keep "growing in size" each decade, a 650cc is seen more as a starter bike when in the 00's it was a 500. (as viewed by Kawasaki). But, that's allowed Kawasaki to introduce a 300cc bike into the line up. So, it's possible we could start to see a shift from "500-650cc as a small bike" to a "250-400cc" as a small bike that's good for starters. And for me, that's an Awesome in itself.

Now for the Vulcan S, I really like the idea, re-use a proven good engine and introduce it across a multi-platform to reduce costs. Great idea. Harley-Davidson's been doing that for eons and so has Victory; but Kawasaki has taken it one step further and make it a sport or dual-sport or a cruiser.

Awesome.

And the price, a great price for a great bike. What's not to love.

Mike

* Just wanted to note that way back in the early 80s Honda did this as well with their V4 line. You had the Magna (cruisers), the Interceptor (sportbikes) and the Saber (Standards).