You may select 1 option

View results

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: This Week: 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 3V - Vote Now

#21 Unread post by ceemes »

Grey Thumper wrote:
jstark47 wrote:You guys sound like the Harley faithful.
You're exactly right, in a sense. I wouldn't spend on a Vespa or a Harley, but I do recognize that they've got "it". Call it a combination of heritage, decades of exposure in pop culture, current style. Heck, it's also due to years of marketing. Vespa and Harley, as well as several other brands, have that (cringe emoticon) "mystique". And, no surprise, they do charge a premium for it.
What he said.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#22 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:
Grey Thumper wrote:
jstark47 wrote:You guys sound like the Harley faithful.
You're exactly right, in a sense. I wouldn't spend on a Vespa or a Harley, but I do recognize that they've got "it". Call it a combination of heritage, decades of exposure in pop culture, current style. Heck, it's also due to years of marketing. Vespa and Harley, as well as several other brands, have that (cringe emoticon) "mystique". And, no surprise, they do charge a premium for it.
What he said.
No argument here.

....and more Vespa Craziness:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

...and introducing the new Yespa CBR1000RR inspired scooter!

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#24 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, my time to vote then: Awesome.

Like others have said, if you want a scooter, and want to be cool and want a cool scooter then it's a Vespa. There is simply no other brand of Scooter that's as cool. Blame it on Vespa/Piaggio Marketing, blame it on the stereotype Vespa rider or blame it on the rain, Vespa is it.

I can only think that Vespa has a marketing noose over their heads, just a tad, maybe as much as Harley-Davidson has. In the way they design and come up with new models, they have a heritage look, like H-D, and they have to be careful to protect that image. But that said, the 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 3V might look like your normal 1960's Vespa, but it features Vespa's top of the line technology.

- New Engine

- New Frame

- New Suspension

And that's what Vespa has been successful at, bringing in the technology but make the model look like a heritage year. Something I'd like to see H-D do more of.

So the new 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 3V? Awesome.
Vespa's marketing department: Awesome +

Mike

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#25 Unread post by jstark47 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I can only think that Vespa has a marketing noose over their heads, just a tad, maybe as much as Harley-Davidson has. In the way they design and come up with new models, they have a heritage look, like H-D, and they have to be careful to protect that image.
The difference is Vespa is just a brand of Piaggio. Piaggio sells Piaggio scooters, Aprilia scooters, and Vespa scooters. As well as Aprilia motorcycles and Moto Guzzi motorcycles.....(and Derbi, and Gilera, etc, etc.) Piaggio is well diversified, and if Vespa sales tank (as they would if the buying public had a smidge of common sense :mrgreen:), Piaggio's other lines would easily keep the company afloat.

Harley, on the other hand, just sells Harleys.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#26 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jstark47 wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:I can only think that Vespa has a marketing noose over their heads, just a tad, maybe as much as Harley-Davidson has. In the way they design and come up with new models, they have a heritage look, like H-D, and they have to be careful to protect that image.
The difference is Vespa is just a brand of Piaggio. Piaggio sells Piaggio scooters, Aprilia scooters, and Vespa scooters. As well as Aprilia motorcycles and Moto Guzzi motorcycles.....(and Derbi, and Gilera, etc, etc.) Piaggio is well diversified, and if Vespa sales tank (as they would if the buying public had a smidge of common sense :mrgreen:), Piaggio's other lines would easily keep the company afloat.

Harley, on the other hand, just sells Harleys.
That's true. Diversification is always a safe bet for any financial endeavor.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#27 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Vespa Primavera 150 3V - Coolness Factor = 60.3%
Featured: January 15th, 2015 - January 30th, 2015
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50668
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 150-3V.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 3V is:

Awesome (3 points) 31% [ 8 ]
Cool (2 points) 38% [ 10 ]
Uncool (1 point) 12% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 19% [ 5 ]

Total votes: 26

= a Coolwall Factor of 60.3%

NOTES: Our readers have spoken, without doubt, the Vespa is the coolest scooter on the road. But the new 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 3V adds that little bit extra with a new high tech engine, frame and suspension. For the price of a few Starbucks coffee's you have a ride that never gets cold. I'm a little sad to see 5 fail votes without any explanation though, but they have been counted in. If you vote fail on any model, that's a strong opinion and I'm sure others would like to know your thoughts on why. Without the fail votes, the 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 3V would shoot up to 74.6% cool, which would have netted it #15th coolest ride in 2014!

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!