High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: This Week: 2015 Honda Interceptor VFR800F - Vote Now

#11 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:Altho nowhere as pretty as the '97 VFR750F nor awesome as the gear driven quad cammed non-VTEC '98 VFR800FI; all VFRs that aren't the 1300 are awesome in my book. :kicking:
Well that must include my old 1200 then :P

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#12 Unread post by High_Side »

Grey Thumper wrote:Whatever happened to mid-size sport tourers?
"Adventure" tourers that are really just sport bikes with comfortable ergos is what happened to them. I LOVE VFRs and have had a couple of them but for distance the bike I have now handles almost as well and is quite a lot more comfortable.

That said I really dig the new VFR and think it looks fantastic, but it hasn't really improved since my old '96 VFR. Not really any more powerful or any lighter, just newer looking and no gear driven cams. Why doesn't this thing put out 125 HP anyway?

That's why this version only gets a cool from me.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#13 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
HYPERR wrote:Altho nowhere as pretty as the '97 VFR750F nor awesome as the gear driven quad cammed non-VTEC '98 VFR800FI; all VFRs that aren't the 1300 are awesome in my book. :kicking:
Well that must include my old 1200 then :P
oops :ninja:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

I've always liked the design of the Honda Interceptors, clean, crisp, aesthetically pleasing. There is really nothing at all not to like about the looks of the bike, in fact, unlike many hardcore, edgy designs, the Interceptor doesn't even look that dated.

I agree, I do love it more in the white and gold, but a I wouldn't mind it in Honda red either. The gold rims are just icing on the cake, and I'm a sucker for adding a little gold here and there (forks, bits etc), nothing too garish, just a little Bol'or look. :)

While I am not a big fan of the sporty riding position of OEM it's nothing a $100 or so couldn't fit with some handlebar risers.

I'm happy Honda is continuing to make the VFR800F and while I liked the bigger cc version, the 800 just seems a lot more "right" if you know what I mean. :revv:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Whatever happened to mid-size sport tourers? Now only this VFR and BMW's F800GT come to mind (and both are evolutions of older platforms).

Comfortable ergos, some wind protection, some hard panniers, less weight, more nimbleness; isn't this all the touring rider needs? (Well, touring riders that don't carry pillions). Anyway, it's a solid cool, particularly in white.
IMO, (and I'm just 1 opinion) marketing has convinced us we need bigger than a 750cc to tour on as a 750cc is (almost) a beginner engine! In truth, you can tour on ANY engine CC (I'd say a 250cc is the min though) and companies make more profit on selling you bigger cc bikes, thus you NEED that 1800cc and bigger to visit the next city...

As High_Side said, a lot of mid-sided sport tourers are not called "Adventure bikes" but unfortunately those adventure bike are again, bigger in CC, bigger in stature and more $$$.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.