Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Bimota DB10B Motard - Coolness Factor = 63.6%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Bimota DB10B Motard on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Motard.htm

Wet your appetite for curves

A bike that is born to devour the tarmac, curve after curve up to satiate even the hungriest rider, and when the "starvation" of road is satisfied, you can continue to feed the eyes lost in the details of this Bimota, where carbon , special billet and passion combine to make every moment memorable, since the key illuminates the heart and the motor, until returned in the evening after having tamed boxes tougher roads or city traffic more challenging, always with the smile on the lips ...

2012 Bimota DB10B Motard Model Highlights

The generously sized seat offers good feelings for each type of rider and style, standing on the bike has the dominant visual imposing tank that ideally the front end, to free up the nose in plain carbon but decided that it leaves room interpretations concerning the definite character of DB10.

2012 Bimota DB10B Motard Features and Benefits

Fork 50mm in diameter, with raised excursion increased by 10mm, pure motard setup with advanced platforms, dual front disc 320mm with radial wave, Arrow exhaust and carbon abundance have the right mix to tame the powerful 100-horsepower twin-cylinder 1100 of cylinder, 13.5 liter fuel tank and raised handlebar complete the equipment of the bike's incredible that there never tire.

2012 Bimota DB10B Motard - International Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: Sorry, I never received MSRP pricing.

Model Bimota Motorcycles DB10 B.MOTARD
2 valves per cylinder
2-cylinder engine, 4 stroke
Displacement 1078cc
Bore x stroke 98x71, 5 mm
Compression ratio 10,7:1
Power electronic injection
Electric Start
Power 98hp /7500 rpm
Rpm Max torque 10.5 kgm/5500 rpm
Transmission Chain
Frame made of chrome-molybdenum
Front suspension 50mm inverted front forks, 165mm travel
Rear suspension monoshock adjustable for preload high and low speed 'extension and compression
Front brake 2 x 320mm discs, Brembo radial caliper 4 pads separated
Rear brake 220mm disc, caliper Bimota
Dry weight 168 kg.
Capacity tank 13.5 liters.
Speed max 220 km / h
Front tire 120/70-17''
Rear tire 180/55-17''
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2012 Bimota DB10B Motard - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

One of the last true new Italian Bimota motorcycles to be released before Bimota was purchased and started producing Chinese made bikes under the Bimota name and moved out of all markets outside of China. Sadly, their main site is still "under construction" for the past 2 years. :(

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:One of the last true new Italian Bimota motorcycles to be released before Bimota was purchased and started producing Chinese made bikes under the Bimota name and moved out of all markets outside of China. Sadly, their main site is still "under construction" for the past 2 years. :(
Not only do they produce world class cr@p of their own, China ruins every thing they touch. Bimota is just yet another foreign company that they will run into the ground.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It looks like a toy.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:One of the last true new Italian Bimota motorcycles to be released before Bimota was purchased and started producing Chinese made bikes under the Bimota name and moved out of all markets outside of China. Sadly, their main site is still "under construction" for the past 2 years. :(
Not only do they produce world class cr@p of their own, China ruins every thing they touch. Bimota is just yet another foreign company that they will run into the ground.
I am old enough to remember the same thing said about Japanese manufactured goods, cr@p, cheap, nasty, falls to pieces as soon as you get it home, be it electronics, TV's, cars and yes even motorcycles. By the time I was in my 20's, the Japanese were the benchmark of quality and value, with Germany fast nipping at her heels. And it wasn't all that long ago we were saying the same thing about Korean goods, that they were cheap knock offs of Japanese goods, especially their cars and electronics, you bought them only because you could not afford Japanese or European goods. Today, Korea rivals Japan in bought quality and value.

Point is, today's Chinese goods are of questionable value and quality, but lets face it, they are also very cheap and that does seems to be the prime motivator of today's consumer living in our highly disposable society. However, China is making some impressive in roads into both quality and actual value of there goods, especially in the automotive field. True they are still lagging, however BBC'c Top Gear did a spot a couple of years back looking the the cars they are producing and comparing them to what they use to produce ten years before and the change was truly staggering. They basically leaps in terms of quality and design from the late 1950's small European/British type designs to something you would of been comfortable to own and drive in the early 90's had it come from Japan.

China is still a long ways behind both Europe, Japan and Korea and are nipping at the heels of North American manufacturers in the terms of quality and true value with their cars and bikes, but if they continue improving at the rate they have been, it will not be long until we all will seriously consider buying their cars and bikes as a true option. Not today mind, but I'd say in five to ten years time.

As for the Motard...I never really understood what this style of bike is about or what it is trying to say, to be honest it looks like the unhealthy off-spring of an ill advised mating between a sport bike and dirt bike which were closely related as in brother and sister....so gave it a cool in lieu of a Meh option.
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by HYPERR »

ceemes wrote:
I am old enough to remember the same thing said about Japanese manufactured goods, cr@p, cheap, nasty, falls to pieces as soon as you get it home, be it electronics, TV's, cars and yes even motorcycles. By the time I was in my 20's, the Japanese were the benchmark of quality and value, with Germany fast nipping at her heels. And it wasn't all that long ago we were saying the same thing about Korean goods, that they were cheap knock offs of Japanese goods, especially their cars and electronics, you bought them only because you could not afford Japanese or European goods. Today, Korea rivals Japan in bought quality and value.
I have no idea how old you, nor do I care; but I would love for you to tell me what electronics, TVs, cars, and motorcyles that Japan brought here that was a POS. Japan never produced the world class cr@p that China did. In fact, they always produced high quality goods. I don't know how far you want me to go back but even as far back as the start of WWII, Japan had the best fighter plane, the Mitsubishi Zero. Until Lockheed introduced the P-38 in 1943 nobody on the planet produced a fighter plane that was the equal to the Zero. What electronics, camera, TV, cars, and motorcyles are you talking about that were POS from Japan??? Please do tell. I can't think of any...ok maybe the Marusho twins which some of the engines did grenade occasionally. This was clearly the exception and not the rule. The only POS that Japan was forced to make were the inexpensive US slated import toys and trinkets that were forced to have the stamp "Made in Occupied Japan" during the US occupation. They were cheap stuff intentionally made cheap where low consumer cost was the only intended benefit. And if you know anything about history, you would clearly know that these temporary cheap products from the occupation era never represented the true build quality of Japan.

As for the South Korea and China comparison, to even compare China to South Korea is a great insult to South Korea.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

HYPERR wrote:
ceemes wrote:
I have no idea how old you, nor do I care; but I would love for you to tell me what electronics, TVs, cars, and motorcyles that Japan brought here that was a POS. Japan never produced the world class cr@p that China did. In fact, they always produced high quality goods. I don't know how far you want me to go back but even as far back as the start of WWII, Japan had the best fighter plane, the Mitsubishi Zero. Until Lockheed introduced the P-38 in 1943 nobody on the planet produced a fighter plane that was the equal to the Zero. What electronics, camera, TV, cars, and motorcyles are you talking about that were POS from Japan??? Please do tell. I can't think of any...ok maybe the Marusho twins which some of the engines did grenade occasionally. This was clearly the exception and not the rule. The only POS that Japan was forced to make were the inexpensive US slated import toys and trinkets that were forced to have the stamp "Made in Occupied Japan" during the US occupation. They were cheap stuff intentionally made cheap where low consumer cost was the only intended benefit. And if you know anything about history, you would clearly know that these temporary cheap products from the occupation era never represented the true build quality of Japan.

As for the South Korea and China comparison, to even compare China to South Korea is a great insult to South Korea.
I am going to be 55 in a few weeks, and remember a time when if you wanted a good stereo, TV or car, you bought North American or German, not Japanese. When the first Honda Civic arrived, they were known as 10,000 mile cars, because after driving them 10,000 miles they were knackered and rusted out, today they are one of the benchmark cars for quality around the world. Japanese manufactures did one major thing that allowed them to pretty much dominate both the automotive and electronic markets by the 1980's and that was they bought into and promoted Total Quality Management aka TQM and this commitment gave ownership of quality control to those on the production line. This allowed them to make great strides in the quality, reliability and value of their products, something we in North America have yet to catch up with.

Korea was the same, it followed the Japanese model, and in a span of ten years was able to almost rival Japan in terms of quality, reliability and value. China is now following suit, start off building cheap goods, flog them onto the international market, take the profits and invest them into better system in the the term of capital assets (plants, tools, etc) and processes such as TQM. As I said, Chinese cars are currently around the 1990 mark in terms of quality, style and build but given 10 years ago they were basically in the 1950's so to speak, they have made great strides. Whether or not they can sustain this pace has yet to be seen, but given the size of its internal market and the growth in China's middle class, we here in the west may not be able to afford to buy Chinese goods anymore. Oh for what its worth, last year GM made more profits and sold more cars in China than it did in the US and Canada, that is something to think about.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#8 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

A bit large for a motard, but motards in general are cool bikes. Plus this one is a symbol of the end of an era (for Bimota, at least). Solid cool.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Bimota DB10B Motard is:

Awesome (3 points) 23% [ 5 ]
Cool (2 points) 50% [ 11 ]
Uncool (1 point) 23% [ 5 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 22

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#10 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Bimota DB10B Motard is:

Awesome (3 points) 23% [ 5 ]
Cool (2 points) 50% [ 11 ]
Uncool (1 point) 23% [ 5 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 22
That is all very interesting Mike, but what is the Coolness Factor of the 2012 Bimota DB10B Motard ? You know, the bike pictured up top. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Always ask why.