Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Hyosung GT250N - Coolness Factor = 62.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Hyosung GT250N on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... GD250N.htm

2015 Hyosung GT250N on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Your way to experience the ease of excitement...

The GD250N is equipped with a new four-stroke single-cylinder engine with fuel injection, a six-speed transmission, and low fuel consumption.

The combination of a strong but small/light chassis and emphasis on the low-mid range power band creates an extraordinary genuine sport bike, which is uncommon in recent sporty street bikes for both new and experienced riders.

If you like the style and performance of the GT250R but want a more practical machine for the street, the GT250 is the perfect naked bike for everyday riding. Comfortable ergonomics and excellent fuel economy make the GT250 ideal for the street without giving up the sportbike soul of the "R" model. The GT250's free-spirited performance goes beyond normal 250cc boundaries. Precise handling from the rigid chassis and upside down forks mated to a high output 8 valve V-twin engine make the GT250 a joy for commuting and a blast on the twisty roads. With an all-new sport headlight and instrument cluster, a GT250R-inspired LED tail lamp, minimal bodywork, low handlebars and a narrow and higher seat, the GT250 is a real quarter-liter sportbike that is perfect for the everyday ride.

(Note: The 2015 Hyosung GT250N is also called the 2015 Hyosung X4 EFi in parts of the world)

2015 Hyosung GT250 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

The X4 is all new ground for Hyosung with 98% new parts on this exciting new 250 single street bike. A fresh design with a high torque, liquid cooled, fuel injected, DOHC, 4 valve engine which sets a new bench mark for this class of engine. Power and torque figures are impressive with 28.4 hp @ 8500 rpm and 26.1 Nm @ 7000rpm channelled through a 6 speed gearbox.. Yes more than enough to cross any intersection ahead of most other commuters. The new chassis starts with USD KYB forks, steel trellis perimeter frame, bolt on steel sub frame, aluminium swingarm, KYB rear shock and lightweight wheels. Keeping the centre of gravity low is a under slung stainless muffler. To stop this commuter wild thing you have a 4 piston front caliper gripping a lightweight disc and a dual opposed piston rear caliper with braided stainless brake lines. The rider is kept informed by a digital dash with gear position indicator and vibes are low thanks to the tapered handlebars. Dry weight is only 135kg making for a top of the class power to weight ratio.

The overall package is very promising indeed and the X4 will set a new standard of nimble, lightweight commuter bike.

2015 Hyosung GT250 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $3799 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer CDN
Australia/NZ MSRP Price: $ See Dealer

ENGINE

Type Liquid cooled DOHC 4-valve Single cylinder
Displacement 249cc
Bore x Stroke 73 x 59.6
Compression Ratio 12 : 1
Max Power 21.2 kW (28.4 HP) @ 8500 RPM
Max Torque 26.1 Nm (2.56 kgf.m) @ 7000 RPM
Fuel System Fuel injection
Lubrication Wet sump

TRANSMISSION

Clutch Wet, Multiplate
Gear Constant mesh, Close ratio 6-speed (1down 5up)
Final Drive Chain

CHASSIS

Frame Type Steel tubular trellis perimeter main frame & Steel tubular assembly sub frame
Overall Length 1937mm
Overall Height 1100mm
Overall Width 700mm
Wheel Base 1346mm
Ground Clearance 135mm
Seat Height 810mm
Caster 23.5 °
Trail 93.6mm
Brake F: 300Ø Petal shaped spoke mounted single disc, 4 opposed pistons caliper, Stainless mesh hose
R: 230Ø Petal shaped single disc, 2 opposed pistons caliper, Stainless mesh hose
Suspension F: 37Ø Upside down Telescopic
R: Dual side Aluminum Swing arm with Gas charged Hydraulic shock absorber (Nonstep Preload adjustable)
Tyre F: 110/70 R17 54S / R: 150/60 R17 66S
Fuel Tank Capacity 11L
Curb Weight 155kg
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Hyosung GT250N - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brand new from Hyosung!

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#3 Unread post by madjak30 »

V-twin, but a single cylinder? I think I missed something...

Looks like a great little bike that would be awesome in the city!

Voted: Cool

Even though the advertising department doesn't have a great proof reader.

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#4 Unread post by jaskc78 »

i vote not cool. i'm not a big fan of the exhaust under the engine, nor a big fan of the overly angular design a lot of not only motorcycle but automotive manufacturers have adopted lately -- looks too insectoid to my eyes.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#5 Unread post by Hanson »

I voted cool. $3800 is a price point that will allow a lot of people to get on the road.

600 less than a Suzuki TU250X
400 less than a Honda Rebel
400 less than a Honda CBR250R

I don't like the looks all that much, but it does offer a naked alternative to other small bikes. I can remember being young and not having any money at all. I can remember peddling a bicycle to work, then a moped, and finally a used Honda 400.

For people with a bit more money, I love the various Honda 500 motos for new riders. The CB500F is priced at $5800, but that extra $2000 is a lot more cash to save for a young man or woman with moto dreams who is just getting a start in adult life.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#6 Unread post by faded sun »

I get the underslung exhaust. But the seat doesn't look up to anything over a ten minute commute.

I was also scratching my head on how a one-lunger morphed into a v-twin.

Not the styling I would choose for my first bike but I am sure some will find all those hard edges cool.

But what's it gonna cost in Canada, eh?
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

Low price point, very nice under 300lb weight, good power out of a 250cc single, modern look, mag rims, even a low center of weight with the under slung exhaust. While the seat my or may not be the best padded (I think a KTM has less padding but many have toured on those) I think Hyosung has a real budget bike champion here.

Cheap enough for everyone and safe enough for anyone to get into riding!

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#8 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted this bike Awesome, not because of it's stellar looks (let's face it, it wouldn't win a beauty contest) BUT it's a wonderful starter bike and something that fills a market gap quite nicely. A new rider is able to buy a brand new bike that is light, lower cc, comes with a warranty, and all that for under $4k! What more needs to be said?
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Hyosung GT250N is:

Awesome (3 points) 24% [ 6 ]
Cool (2 points) 52% [ 13 ]
Uncool (1 point) 12% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 12% [ 3 ]

Total votes: 25