Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2010 Roehr 1250sc - Coolness Factor = 70.2%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2010 Roehr 1250sc on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... 1250sc.htm

A new American Classic

The dream of owning an American made sport bike that could hold it's own against the world's finest machines has been a dream for many. This dream is now a reality. Not only is the Roehr 1250sc the fastest and most powerful American production sport bike, but one of the top performing machines in the world.

The 1250sc represents the birth of a new American motorcycle brand. A brand committed to producing beautiful, high performance machines made in the USA. The "can do" spirit that made America great is alive and well at Roehr Motorcycles. This passion is the foundation of our brand and expressed through our products.

The Roehr 1250sc, the rebirth of American world class performance.

Key Features

- This superbike is powered by a special version of the incomparable Harley-Davidson* Revolution* engine
- 180hp of supercharged American Muscle
- Innovative BiMetal composite beam frame
- Sleek European flavor design
- Performance without compromise
- Road or track
- World class motorcycle components
- Proudly handcrafted in the USA
- A true American thoroughbred superbike

2010 Roehr 1250sc - Specifications
MSRP: $Call USD

The Bike: The Roehr 1250sc boasts high-spec running gear – Ohlins suspension, Marchesini alloy wheels, Brembo brakes with radial-mount calipers at the front, composite bodywork and is powered by the 1250sc 180HP, specially developed supercharged version of the HarleyDavidson* 1250cc Revolution* engine. State of the art supercharger technology has been applied, providing reliable high power output with a broad, linear power delivery.

Engine:
2 Cylinder, Supercharged, Liquid Cooled, DOHC, Counterbalanced, 60deg, V-twin

Displacement:
1250cc

Bore x Stoke:
105mm x 72mm

Compression ratio:
11.3 / 1

Transmission:
5 speed

Clutch: Wet, multi-plate, hydraulic actuation, slipper type

HP/Torque:
180hp @ 9100 RPM,
115 lb/ft torque @ 7600 RPM

Final drive: 520 O-ring chain

The Chassis: A unique modular CrMo steel and aluminum frame has been developed. This frame uses these two materials at areas in which their material characteristics are best suited. The result is a stiff, light weight structure that provides unparalleled steering response

Chassis Type:
Steel/aluminum composite beam frame, 4130 steel/ 6061 aluminum

Wheelbase:
56 inches (1422mm)

Rake/trail:
23.5deg. / 89mm

Seat height:
31.5 inches
Dry weight:
432 lbs. (196kg)

Front suspension:
Ohlins 43mm fully adjustable upside-down fork with TiN

Rear suspension:
Ohlins fully adjustable linkless monoshock

Front Brakes:
2 x 330mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo 4 piston calipers.

Rear brake:
245mm single disc, with 2 piston Brembo caliper

Front Wheel/tire:
3.5 x 17 forged aluminum 10 spoke Marchesini, 120/70 ZR17

Rear wheel/tire:
6.0 x 17 forged aluminum 10 spoke Marchesini, 190/55 ZR17

Fuel tank capacity:
3.2 US gallons

Reserve fuel:
.5 US gallons
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

Re: This Week: 2010 Roehr 1250sc - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by sunshine229 »

This bike is crazy! It is great to see an American company continuing to develop top-notch sports bikes. Unfortunately this name isn't well known and I'm sure their price is high compared to street sportsbikes, and that is probably why we don't see many on the road. Perhaps track people are more in awe with this one, but I still gave it a solid Cool.
Andrea :sun:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#3 Unread post by jstark47 »

The name isn't well known because the company went out of business in 2012.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

jstark47 wrote:The name isn't well known because the company went out of business in 2012.
Not all that surprising, however their website is still up and its weird. As for the bike, all they basically did was add a blower to a HD Evo engine, slap it into a fairly standard frame, bolt on some off the shelf suspension and braking components, add a touch of carbon fibre body work and that was it. Never produced enough unit to be cost effective or economically viable and actual branched out into the eSport Bike genre for awhile. Eric Buel's bikes had a lot more to offer in the way of advancements and styling and even with the half hearted support of HD, failed. As for this bike, I will abstain from voting as we still don't have a Meh option.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Isn't a bike that didn't manage to keep a company afloat by definition a fail?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Isn't a bike that didn't manage to keep a company afloat by definition a fail?
That's a really good question! But it could be said, that could apply to many other motorcycle companies that are successful today that failed in the past, even with the same model names (ie, Sportster or Scout).

It's possible Roehr name/company might come back vis-a-vie a new owner.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome.

Awesome more for the idea, the drive and inspiration to create something that's built and designed in their home country. It's extremely challenging as many other companies have discovered (EBR, Phantom, Ridley, etc). With very high labor rates, environmental standards, cost of living in the USA, Canada, heck any 1st world country, who do you compete with those of the 2nd and 3rd world? It takes a very special person to stand up and say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" and do something against the common grain and start their own company up or even to go out and buy something that's not an iPhone type motorcycle because they believe in something. That to me, makes these companies so special vs those that off-shore everything.

I love a good underdog. I love a good philosophy. And that to me, is an awesome.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2010 Roehr 1250sc - Coolness Factor = 70.2%
Featured: July 10th, 2015 - July 17th 2015
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=51592
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... 1250sc.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2010 Roehr 1250sc is:

Awesome (3 points) 32% [ 6 ]
Cool (2 points) 53% [ 10 ]
Uncool (1 point) 11% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 19

= a Coolwall Factor of 70.2%

Notes: Roehr stood up and said to the work ""I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" and made his own way in the jungle; following the path forged by others like Erik Buell. The path of resistance isn't easy without market support, but there is a time and place for everything. After all, way back in the 90s, Apple was a fringe company that few even wanted to own (anyone remember the Crapple 2E?)

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!