Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE - Coolness Factor = 89.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -8V-SE.htm

2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE

A SPECIAL EDITION FOR THE DISCERNING RIDING ENTHUSIAST...

The Griso S.E. comes alongside the elegant "Black Devil" graphic, the new Rosso Trophy livery, a colour concept that enhances the sport spirit of the attractive Larian naked. Both share the original silver graphic pattern, developed on a black or red satin base, that generates a strip of light that runs from the fuel tank to the side ducts.

Among the details making this a genuine special edition there are the attractive spoke wheels with a red Moto Guzzi logo cloned from high end new California 1400 Custom.

Powered by a modern transverse 90° V-twin "Quattrovalvole" series engine developing a peak power of approximately 110 hp at just 7500 rpm, the Griso 8V SE dominates the road with silky smooth power delivery and a commanding presence, inviting the rider to delve into the ability of the outstanding chassis to keep all those straining horses in check.

This is all thanks to the chassis, with twin overhead tubular elements in high tensile steel and the generously sized lateral reinforcement of the lower cradle, with ribbing that is much more than just an aesthetic suggestion but actually designed to confer extremely high torsional rigidity to the bike as a whole. The geometry has been defined for maximum stability, with a headstock inclined by of 26° resulting in a trail of 108 mm and a wheelbase of 1544 mm. Nonetheless, the Griso 8V SE is surprisingly nimble and sincere, rewarding the rider with lightning fast directional changes.

The impeccable road manners of the Griso 8V SE SE benefit from the low centre of gravity and the rock steady front end, with reduced offset plates to ensure an immediate and precise response to any steering input. This is a veritable scalpel on two wheels allowing the most discerning rider to carve perfect lines in the asphalt.

NEW DESIGN
NEW COMFORT
NEW ENGINE

2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com American Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $12,990 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $13600 CDN

ENGINE
Type : Four-stroke V 90 twin
Cooling : Air and oil cooled with independent cooling pump
Capacity : 1,151cc
Bore and stroke : 95 x 81.2 mm
Compression ratio : 11 : 1
Maximum power output : Over 80.8 kW (110 CV) at 7,500 rpm
Max Torque : Over 108 Nm at 6,400 rpm
Fuel supply/ignition : Multipoint sequential electronic injection, Magneti Marelli IAW 5A phased, alfa-n system; 2 x Ø50 mm throttle bodies with Weber IWP 189 injectors, Lambda probe.
Starter : Electric
Spark plugs : NGK PMR8B (Long Life)
Exhaust system : Stainless steel two-into-one 3-way catalysed with Lambda probe.
Homologation : Euro 3
TRANSMISSION
Gearbox : 6 speed
Gear ratios : 1st 17/38 = 1 : 2.235
Lubrication : Oil bath
Primary drive : Helicoidal gears, ratio 26/35 = 1 : 1.346
Final drive : CA.R.C reactive drive; double universal joint with floating bevel gear, ratio 12/44 = 1 : 3,666
Clutch : Single plate with integrated flexible couplings
FRAME
Frame : High tensile steel tubular twin cradle
Wheelbase : 1,554 mm
Rake : 108 mm
Steering rake : 26.30°
Steering angle. : 34°
Front suspension : Upside down Ø 43 mm fully adjustable forks (spring preload and hydraulic for rebound and compression) with mounting for radial callipers.
Front wheel travel : 120 mm
Rear suspension : Progressive single swingarm, fully adjustable monoshock with separate gas reservoir (spring preload and hydraulic for rebound and compression).

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -8V-SE.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This Cool Wall bike is brought to you by one of our community members, Faded Sun!

I had forgotten that the 2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE was redesigned for 2015 and even kept the low price of the old model!

NEW DESIGN
NEW COMFORT
NEW ENGINE

Check it out.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -8V-SE.htm

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

After serving up the that crap-pie CCW offering last week, Mike has redeemed himself by offering up a proper if quirky bike from a proper if quirky manufacturer. I like this bike and gave it a solid cool. I would of went awesome except for tail end of the rear fender........what a good awful looking piece of kit, I doubt even a licence plate could hide its hideous looks. And while I have never been a big fan of fender eliminator kits, that godawful tail end is screaming for one, and it would be the first modification I would have done before riding it out of the dealership if I wear to buy one. It's a pity, because I really love the look of this machine.....but I just cannot get over that tail piece......
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

This bike is pretty ancient (launched in 2005), with pretty evolutionary changes over the years (the most notable being a switch to an 8V engine), but otherwise it's mostly about "BOLD NEW GRAPHICS".

I don't care. It's a Guzzi. It's a modern classic. And it's awesome.

Incidentally, I never noticed how awful the rear fender was until Ceemes pointed it out. Fortunately, Google reveals that fender eliminator kits are available.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#5 Unread post by faded sun »

I saw one of these when I came out of work to ride home and wanted to get on it and ride IT home. It is a bit pricey to be sure, but just oozes fun when you are standing beside it with gear on.

I went with awesome.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Awesome.

Really, really love the mojo the Griso exudes. If you did into the specs, the engine is actually more technologically advanced than one might assume especially the " Multipoint sequential electronic injection, Magneti Marelli IAW 5A phased, alfa-n system; 2 x Ø50 mm throttle bodies with Weber IWP 189 injectors, Lambda probe. " that's state of the art and very few motorcycles offer this EFI refinement.

So happy that Guzzi is still refining this bike, even after it's introduction a decade ago. You would almost think Guzzi would put a full fairing on it and made a supersport bike version out of it as well.

I absolutely wish I could fit on this motorcycle and ride it. It's just too small for my legs but that doesn't stop me from jumping on a Griso every time I see it at a dealership or a trade show! No sir. I'll wait in line for the opportunity in fact.

Now if they can just put the Griso engine into the V7 or made a Griso "stretched" for us 6'4" people.

Awesome bike.

Mike

ceemes wrote:After serving up the that crap-pie CCW offering last week, Mike has redeemed himself by offering up a proper if quirky bike from a proper if quirky manufacturer...
LOL. Your most welcome! I'm just happy the CCW bike didn't cause the ruckus it did a couple years ago when we had over 100 awesome votes for it!

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#7 Unread post by ZRex »

I would probably vote Awesome for the looks alone, but this Guzzi would be insanely fun to ride, so I easily voted Awesome.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE - Coolness Factor = 89.7%
Featured: October 9th, 2015 - October 16th 2015
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52225
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -8V-SE.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE is:

Awesome (3 points) 77% [ 20 ]
Cool (2 points) 15% [ 4 ]
Uncool (1 point) 8% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 26

= a Coolwall Factor of 89.7%

Notes: Moto Guzzi is on a tear this year as the 2015 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE shoots to the #1 top of the 2015 Cool Wall chart! That's makes Moto Guzzi models in all 3 top spots, an incredible result. Whatever is it Moto Guzzi is doing right for riders they are doing it the best in the industry. That said, we still have another 2.5 months of 2015 left...

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!