Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: TOTAL MOTORCYCLE COOL WALL - 2016 RESULTS

#21 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado - Coolness Factor = 80.5%
Featured: May 20th - May 27th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53074
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... dorado.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado is:

Awesome (3 points) 52% [ 15 ]
Cool (2 points) 38% [ 11 ]
Uncool (1 point) 10% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 29

= a Coolwall Factor of 80.5%

Notes: Our readers have spoken and Moto Guzzi has hits another home run with the new 2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado! Even our most picky motorcycle connoisseur loved it saying "Pure awesomeness", and trust me, that's pretty darn amazing rating for ceemes. (haha). And if that's not even, even our Harley-Davidson affetto would consider the Eldorado to be in his top 3 list of replacements for his H-D! What to go MG!

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male

#22 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker - Coolness Factor = 74.7%
Featured: May 27th - June 3rd, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53110
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... racker.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker is:

Awesome (3 points) 40% [ 10 ]
Cool (2 points) 48% [ 12 ]
Uncool (1 point) 8% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 4% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 25

= a Coolwall Factor of 74.7%

Notes: Did it come as a surprise to you that few actually hated this new H-D and the vast majority loved it? After 44 years, H-D steps up and finally makes a dirt tracker race only model again, not yet for the street mind you, but I can see a street-version in the works in the near future. As blues2cruise noted, it is good to see Harley-Davidson branching out to reach even more potential buyers, I guess I'll have to create a "Race" sub-heading for the 2017 Harley's now... lol.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 KTM 500 EXC-F - Coolness Factor = 76.5%
Featured: June 3rd - June 10th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53144
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 0-EXCF.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 KTM 500 EXC-F Review is:

Awesome (3 points) 41% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 47% [ 8 ]
Uncool (1 point) 12% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 17

= a Coolwall Factor of 76.5%

Notes: Like many of our great members, each week, I too find the Cool Wall fascinating on what bike will be up, how it will be voted on and what riders think of it. Sometimes, I'm quite shocked how the votes go, other times, I could have bet it would go this way or that. What I'm always happy about is the great comments that are left. Which brings me to this week's bike, the 2017 KTM 500 EXC-F. A bike that's so top of it's game and takes some serious off-road skill to ride that many of us won't be able to ride or enjoy it, but yet, we can see past that and vote it up because of what it is. Next week is a completely new bike (introduced this morning) from the 2017 Yamaha line, I'm curious how that does... let's see if my bet pays off... haha.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#24 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Yamaha FZ-10 - Coolness Factor = 72.2%
Featured: June 10th - June 17th, 2016
Most popular vote category: TIE Awesome/Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53177
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... a-FZ10.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Yamaha FZ-10 Review is:

Awesome (3 points) 39% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 39% [ 7 ]
Uncool (1 point) 22% [ 4 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 18

= a Coolwall Factor of 72.2%

Notes: It's funny, you know; you can really tell read a result of a bike that riders are just a little uncertain on how it will do. The new 2017 Yamaha FZ-10 did finish very well, with a score of 72% cool, but there wasn't a lot of comments or votes (might just be the summer riding season) and the votes were split but firmly in Cool territory. I think this is a bike that's hard to judge on studio photos and hard specs alone and will have to be judged by eye and the seat of the pants. What do you think?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Yamaha SCR950 - Coolness Factor = 68.9%
Featured: June 17th - June 24th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53212
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... SCR950.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Yamaha SCR950 Review is:

Awesome (3 points) 47% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 13% [ 2 ]
Uncool (1 point) 40% [ 6 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 15

= a Coolwall Factor of 68.9%

Notes: Wow, usually you don't have a split vote between uncool and awesome. Just like the Brexit vote last night, this vote and the opinions are quite split! Riders would like to see an updated engine and retro gauges. Yes, that sounds odd when you want something very new and very old as well and I bet that confuses the heck out of Yamaha! lol. On a side note, I think the SCR950 competes vs the Triumph Bonneville T120 on the showroom floor, it will be interesting to see how it sells.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#26 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Hyosung GT650R - Coolness Factor = 50.0%
Featured: June 24th - July 1st, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53241
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... yosung.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Hyosung GT650R Review is:

Awesome (3 points) 0% [ 0 ]
Cool (2 points) 55% [ 11 ]
Uncool (1 point) 40% [ 8 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 20

= a Coolwall Factor of 50.0%

Notes: I don't think we have ever had a bike on the cool wall hit the even-steven 50% mark before! But that makes perfect sense for the 2016 Hyosung GT650R as it's a bike that has so much potential that isn't realized. V-Twin, check. Value priced, check. Looks good, check. But it's dated and desperately needs R&D to keep up with the German, Japanese and Italian bikes. We all know Hyosung can improve the model, so Hyosung, don't let us down for 2017/18!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#27 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-S Daytona 500 - Coolness Factor = 38.6%
Featured: July 1st - July 8th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53271
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... na-500.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-S Daytona 500 is:

Awesome (3 points) 5% 5% [ 1 ]
Cool (2 points) 42% 42% [ 8 ]
Uncool (1 point) 16% 16% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 37% 37% [ 7 ]

Total votes: 19

= a Coolwall Factor of 38.6%

Notes: 12,500 sold per year. I guess they are not going away anytime soon and many would be cheering that fact facing others who would be boo'ing it as well. The 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-S Daytona 500 opens up the market further to the "youthful" (riding?) public and to more sales. Acceptance in the motorcycle community is mixed and it makes me wonder how the big automotive forums would vote on a Can-Am Spyder and the discussions they would have about it! Will the Spyder be around in 15 years? Will it replace 2-wheelers as the age of 100% electric flows upon us?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#28 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring - Coolness Factor = 62.1%
Featured: July 8th - July 15th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53272
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ouring.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring is:

Awesome (3 points) 45% [ 10 ]
Cool (2 points) 14% [ 3 ]
Uncool (1 point) 23% [ 5 ]
Fail (0 point) 18% [ 4 ]

Total votes: 22

= a Coolwall Factor of 62.1%

Notes: Long in the tooth, needs updating. If you want the largest engine sized, mass produced motorcycle currently in production today then you found it. At 2300cc, it's excessive in everyway and may go down in history like a the VMAX. What a bike for it's time.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#29 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 ABS - Coolness Factor = 83.3%
Featured: July 15th - July 22nd, 2016
Most popular vote category: Tie Awesome/Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53327
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 50-ABS.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 ABS is:

Awesome (3 points) 43% [ 9 ]
Cool (2 points) 43% [ 9 ]
Uncool (1 point) 10% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 21

= a Coolwall Factor of 83.3%

Notes: Notes: Simply. The best bang for your buck in it's category. Not only that, but the 2016 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 ABS becomes our #1 most cool bike on the Cool Wall (as of writing) bumping off the 2016 Norton Dominator SS (Voted - 82.6% Cool) that's been in the #1 spot since Feb 19th, 2016!!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#30 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 BMW R NineT Scrambler - Coolness Factor = 73.3%
Featured: July 22nd - July 29th, 2016

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53356
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ambler.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 BMW R NineT Scrambler is:

Awesome (3 points) 40% [ 8 ]
Cool (2 points) 45% [ 9 ]
Uncool (1 point) 10% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 20

= a Coolwall Factor of 73.3%

Notes: When BMW launched the NineT a couple years ago it was a really nice change to their design philosophy, "due something differently but retro" and the NineT, while a little too expensive, was received very well and did well in their line up. Now BMW brings out another version, the Scrambler showing what the NineT customization is capable of, and the result is a Cool looking bike that very few would hate and quite a lot love. Well done BMW! And I'm with Grey Thumper, let's bring out some more Retro bikes!