Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S - Coolness Factor = 78.2%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ider-S.htm

The new Low Rider® S takes the factory custom genre to a raw and powerful new edge. Get behind the fixed speed screen and hang on...

The Low Rider S joins the Fat Boy® S and Softail Slim® S as the third model in the Harley-Davidson S Series of cruiser motorcycles, bikes designed to deliver maximum performance with styling inspired by global custom motorcycle culture. Powered by the Screamin’ Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine with upgraded suspension and brakes, the Low Rider S is stripped down and ready for action.

HARLEY-DAVIDSON LOW RIDER S PUSHES CRUISER PERFORMANCE TO THE EDGE
New Performance Cruiser Features Screamin' Eagle Muscle and Stripped-Down Style

MILWAUKEE (January 27, 2016) - The original Harley-Davidson® Low Rider® model pushed the limits of a factory-custom motorcycle. Now Harley-Davidson delivers a new generation of performance and blacked-out style with the mid-year launch of the Low Rider® S model.

Powered by the Screamin' Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine, the Low Rider S model joins the recently released Fat Boy® S and Softail Slim® S models as the third member of Harley-Davidson's S Series cruiser lineup, bikes designed to deliver maximum performance with styling inspired by global custom motorcycle culture. Upgraded suspension and brakes complete the performance package of a motorcycle that's stripped down and ready for action.

2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

• Screamin’ Eagle® Heavy Breather performance intake

• Fat Bob-style 2-into-2 exhaust

• 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission

• Cruise control enabled by electronic throttle control

• Premium Ride nitrogen gas-charged emulsion shocks and Premium Ride cartridge fork

• Triple disc brakes with dual floating front rotors

• Standard Anti-Lock Braking System

• New solo seat set at 26.6 inches

• Gold tank badge pays homage to the 1977 XLCR Café Racer model

2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: Starting from $16699 USD
Canada MSRP Price: Starting from $19499 CDN

PRICING 6
Vivid Black $16,699
Security Option STD
ABS Option STD
Cruise Control Option STD
California Emissions $200
Freight $390
DIMENSIONS
Length 89.9 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 26.6 in.
Ground Clearance 4.13 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 30.5
Trail 5.1 in.
Wheelbase 64.2 in.
Tires, Front Specification 100/90B19 57H
Tires, Rear Specification 160/70B17 73V
Fuel Capacity 4.7 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 3 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 646 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 674 lb.
ENGINE
Engine 1 Screamin' Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110™
Bore 4 in.
Stroke 4.374 in.
Displacement 110 cu in
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
DRIVETRAIN
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79
CHASSIS
Exhaust Blacked-out, Shotgun 2-1-2 collector exhaust with dual mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Magnum Gold, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
Wheels, Rear Type Magnum Gold, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
PERFORMANCE
Engine Torque Testing Method EEC/95/1
Engine Torque 2 116 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 29.5
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 30.5
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 44 mpg
ELECTRIC
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system (standard), 6-speed, low fuel warnings, ABS
Gauges Speedo and tachometer mounted in a wrinkle black console mounted on the tank with a black trim ring

1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner's manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ider-S.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brand new model from Harley-Davidson from this Wednesday (Jan 27th)!

The 2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S brings the Screamin' Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine to an affordable non-CVO model.

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I don't usually go first to vote, but there are a few models that, for me, work on a scale that surpasses the ordinary, and I'm finding the 2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S is one of them that makes my rider-heart pound for the idea to see it and ride it. Maybe it is because it reminds me of the favorite Harley-Davidson engine, the Screamin' Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine. The 110 I found was a delight of torque and sound. To me, it was more engaging than the 96 or the new 103. Maybe it's the the gold wheels that I'm such a sucker for. Maybe it's the styling of the new Low Rider S that reminds me of some of my all-time favorite modern designs Harley-Davidson I've loved. Maybe it's because it's a Dyna (my favorite line as they are the most "affordable" big engine H-D's and lightest in weight). Maybe it's because when H-D launched the S Line this year I was excited about the affordability of it.

Maybe it's the (and I don't say this often for Harley-Davidson) AFFORDABILITY because I can now get a Twin Cam 110 engine for LESS THAN $700 over a 103 engine Dyna. (that's H-D vs H-D, if you are looking for big engine cruisers, there are better values out there).

Whatever it is, it's stuck in my head since it launched on Wednesday.

So I vote, Awesome+

But that doesn't mean you will like it, love it or hate it. It's just one of the few bikes that is triggering, for me, that little bit of excitement.

Way to go Harley-Davidson!

Cost vs the Dyna Wide Glide 103, an affordable Dyna model:

2016 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: Starting from $15999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: Starting from $18699 CDN

1977 XLCR Café Racer

XR1200X

Fat Bob

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Awesome. I've always loved the Dynas. I'm no Harley expert, but IIRC, the Dyna line was the first H-D line with rubber mounted engines, tachometers built into the tanks, and the first non-touring Harleys with twin front disks. Lot of really functional, well-engineered details. I especially like the Low Rider Sport that first came out in the late 80s. This ticks all the right boxes for me. Hopefully it's got the suspension quality and cornering clearance to match that engine.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Looks without the bat wing.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#6 Unread post by ZRex »

I voted Awesome. I love the looks of the thing, so I would probably vote Awesome just for the looks alone, but the fact it also comes with the 110ci engine, I don't even have to think about it.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote: Hopefully it's got the suspension quality and cornering clearance to match that engine.
At first glace, I thought, hmm, the lean angle isn't spectacular, but looking at other H-D models, it's actually "good". I do know the Dyna Wide Glide might have a good lean angle, but it turns worth, well, let's say it's a highway cruiser and loves a straight line. For the rake and trail, it's much better than the Dyna at corning and almost as good as the smallest bike, the Street 750. It's not a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ABS, but its an accomplishment for a full size cruiser.

This bike:
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 29.5
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 30.5

2016 V-Rod Muscle:
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 32
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 32

2016 Dyna Wide Glide
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 28.4
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 31.9

2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 28.5
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 28.5

2016 Harley-Davidson Iron 883
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 29
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 30

Full Dresser: 2016 Harley-Davidson Touring Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 27.8
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 28.6

This bike:
Rake (steering head) (deg) 30.5
Trail 5.1 in.

2016 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
Rake (steering head) (deg) 34
Trail 5.2 in.

2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750
Rake (steering head) (deg) 32
Trail 4.5 in.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ABS
Rake/Trail 25°/4.2"

For suspension, I've always found Harley-Davidson Dyna bikes to be a little "short" on the suspension travel in the back. 1.5-2" doesn't go far enough on a pot hole.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S - Coolness Factor = 78.2%
Featured: January 29th - February 5th 2016
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52583
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ider-S.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S is:

Awesome (3 points) 54% [ 14 ]
Cool (2 points) 31% [ 8 ]
Uncool (1 point) 12% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 4% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 26

= a Coolwall Factor of 78.2%

Notes: Value. The new Harley-Davidson value leader. Now that's not something you hear (or associate) with the big H-D. At $16699 USD/$19499 CAD the 2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S is not peanuts or cheap, but representative to their other models, amazingly, it is for what it offers. And it's that sweet Screamin’ Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine that makes it so. Can a rider buy a bike that offers more value than the 2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S from a competitor? Definitely. But if you are looking for the best bang for your buck H-D, you found it.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

Re: 2016 Harley-Davidson Low Rider S - Coolness Factor = 78.2%

#9 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

Fail. Hand-grenade engine, no cornering clearance, way too low for the ride to be anything but punishing, and it's an overweight pig.