Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 KTM RC390 - Coolness Factor = 76.8%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 KTM RC390 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -RC390.htm

2016 KTM RC390

Racing Genes...

A sports bike in its purest form. Reduced to the essentials. Agile, fast, suitable for A2 driving licence and extremely sporty. Whether you are on country roads or the racetrack, the Moto3 genes are perceptible in every manoeuvre and convey pure race feeling. The handling – simply spectacular. The performance – incredible. The power – awesome.

2016 KTM RC390 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

Ergonomics

Seat
The two-part seat offers first class supersport ergonomics with perfect support for rider and pillion. With a seat height of 820mm enables the rider to have a secure stand while also being high enough for sporty use and real big-bike feeling.

Handlebar
The clip on handlebars and switches contribute to a sporty and aggressive riding position combined with advanced control.

Fuel tank
A steel fuel tank with 10l capacity (including 1,5l reserve) has been developed for the RC, perfectly matching the supersport style and vehicle design, together with rider ergonomics. Thanks to the economic engine, the RC achieves even in the sportiest manner of riding a considerable range.

Windshield
The advanced design windshield in combination with the aerodynamic optimized motorcycle front ensures incredible wind protection for rider’s chest and arms.

Outstanding style

Bodywork
The brand new bodywork, footrests and pedals not only provide a unique supersport look but also help the RC to master extreme cornering by allowing a greater leaning angle.

Headlight
The twin headlight opens a new direction for KTM style and perfectly matches with the racing supersport look of RC.

Integrated blinkers
As a special feature, the RC incorporates blinkers into the mirror structure, which not only look sporty but also contribute to the perfect aerodynamics.

Thin tail
Fitting perfectly into the pure racing look, the number plate holder rounds KTM’s high performance bike off.

Racing DNA

Engine
The state-of-the-art, liquid cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke 375ccm engine with twin overhead camshafts, four valves and electronic fuel injection, already equipped in the Duke 390 provides outstanding power and thanks to the balancer shaft, delivers the highest level of smoothness. Because of the KTM-typical compact design with stacked transmission shafts the engine has an unbelievable low weight of 36kg. Combine that with technical details like a forged piston, Nikasil-cylinder-coating and forced feed lubrication with power-promoting body-evacuation and you get an engine which provides a remarkable 44hp. The engine is equipped with an electric starter powered by a 12V/8Ah battery.

Triple clamps
The forged aluminum triple clamps are eye-catchers and together with the clip on handlebars guarantee a pure supersport racing feeling.

Brakes
KTM in cooperation with Brembo developed a powerful, excellent to dose brake-system which allows the rider to be always in full control of the RC. A four piston radially bolted caliper in combination with a single brake disk (300mm diameter) in the front and a single piston floating caliper with a single brake disk (230mm diameter) for the rear wheel guarantee excellent breaking reaction even in the sportiest manner of riding.

2016 KTM RC390 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Local Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN

Engine
" Design
1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
" Displacement
373.2 cm³
" Bore
89 mm
" Stroke
60 mm
" Power in KW
32 kW
" Starter
Electric starter
" Lubrication
Semi-dry sump
" Transmission
6-speed
" Primary drive
30:80
" Secondary gear ratio
15:45
" Cooling
Liquid cooled
" Clutch
Wet multi-disc clutch, mechanically actuated
" EMS
Bosch EMS
Chassis
" Frame design
Steel trellis frame, powder coated
" Front suspension
WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
" Rear suspension
WP monoshock
" Suspension travel (front)
125 mm
" Suspension travel (rear)
150 mm
" Front brake
Four-piston radial fixed calliper, brake disc
" Rear brake
Single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
" Front brake disc diameter
300 mm
" Rear brake disc diameter
230 mm
" ABS
Bosch 9MB two-channel ABS
" Chain
X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
" Steering head angle
66.5 °
" Wheelbase
1340 ± 15 mm
" Ground clearance
178.5 mm
" Seat height
820 mm
" Tank capacity (approx.)
10 l

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -RC390.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: This Week: 2016 KTM RC390

#2 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I just saw one of these on the road this morning. Solid cool. After all, is there a more desirable-looking 400cc street bike out there?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

Really like the contrasting KTM Orange colors on the frame and the rims with the black/white fairings. I'm starting to see more and more manufacturers get "braver" when it comes to picking bike model colours. It's good to see from a few years ago the choices were so, blah, (solid black, solid white). I think the manufacturers are starting to realize that riders actually want excitingly coloured models! After all, we don't want to ride a Toyota inspired bike do we?

Oh yes, back toeh RC390. Great idea, I'm sure this will blow away the Kawasaki 300 and Honda 300R competition, but as usual, KTM's are a little on the high side, which is odd, as I've never considered KTM to be more than a "premium off-road" bike...Will have to see how their street bikes hold up in value.

Things I'm not liking: The seat (ouchie). The headlights (odd is an understatement), and the very tiny 10l tank (going far?)

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 KTM RC390 - Coolness Factor = 76.8%
Featured: February 26th - March 4th 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52678
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -RC390.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 KTM RC390 is:

Awesome (3 points) 39% [ 9 ]
Cool (2 points) 52% [ 12 ]
Uncool (1 point) 9% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 23

= a Coolwall Factor of 76.8%

Notes: Like the Big Daddy Jack burger* "Looks Good!!! Tastes Great!!! But not Less Filling". If you are in the market for a small but meaty bike that not only looks delicious but will make you the Mack Daddy at bike night you just found it. * Hmm, looks like I might be hungry. lol.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!