Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Honda CRF50F - Coolness Factor = 78.3%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Honda CRF50F on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... CRF50F.htm

World's Best Beginner Bike...

How many thousands of beginners have had their first taste of motorcycling on a Honda 50? Hundreds of thousands, for sure. And it’s easy to understand why. The CRF50F offers up an unbeatable combination: Its tough, reliable engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power; three-speed transmission with automatic clutch; and tough suspension that stands up to youthful enthusiasm. And for adults, the CRF50F makes sense too: an adjustable throttle limiter lets you tailor the power to the appropriate skill level, and the proven reliability means more time riding and less time taken up by maintenance and repairs.

Be A Responsible Rider: All parents need to consider their youngsters' age, size, ability and maturity before allowing them to ride. Obtain a copy of "Off-Road Safety Tips" from your local Honda Dealer.

Honda Tough. Honda Smart.

If there’s ever a bike that needs a durable, reliable, low-maintenance engine, it’s a bike like this. And nobody can match Honda’s reputation for trouble-free operation.

Stay In Control.

Parents understand the needs of younger riders like nobody else. That’s why the CRF50F has a parent-friendly adjustable throttle limiter, so you can decide how much power your rider can use. It’s simple for you to adjust too.

Nothing’s Easier.

The CRF50F’s automatic clutch makes learning easier, because young riders never have to worry about stalling or a handlebar-mounted clutch lever. They just shift gears with their toe when they’re ready.

2016 Honda CRF50F http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

Every journey starts with the first step.

Perfect starter for juniors.

The CRF50F – Honda’s longest-running off road model. With its key operated ignition, opens the door to endless thrills and excitement for aspiring young riders.

The start of the adventure

Some are lucky enough to discover it from an early age.

Easy to start, easy to use, and always fun. Widely recognised as the quintessential mini bike, the CRF50F is the choice of first-time riders the world over. Its inverted fork, 49cc engine, easy-shifting gearbox with automatic clutch and low seat height make the CRF50F a cinch to ride. Built strong and solid, with big bike styling and racy new graphics, this CRF will soon have the fun meters of the smallest riders in the family running red - Honda red.

2016 Honda CRF50F - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $1399 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $1699 CDN

ENGINE
Engine Type 49cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke 39.0mm x 41.4mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Valve Train SOHC; two-valve
Induction 13mm piston-valve carburetor
Ignition CD

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive #420 chain; 14T/37T

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension Inverted telescopic fork; 3.5-inch travel
Rear Suspension Single-shock; 2.8-inch travel
Front Brake Drum
Rear Brake Drum
Front Tire 2.50-10
Rear Tire 2.50-10

DIMENSIONS
Rake 25.0° (Caster Angle)
Trail 32.0mm (1.3 inches)
Wheelbase 36.0 inches
Seat Height 21.6 inches
Ground Clearance 5.8 inches
Curb Weight 110 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 0.7 gallons, including 0.2-gallon reserve

OTHER
Model Id CRF50F
Available Colors Red
Emissions Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
Note Recommended for riders 13 years of age and older. Honda recommends that riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.

FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
Duration six months transferable limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... CRF50F.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Honda CRF50F

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

We haven't had anything this small up on the Cool Wall recently and since we are into the start of the 2016 motorcycling season, it seemed like a good time to put it up and spark interest for the kids/dads to think about getting their kids into the sport. :revv:

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Excellent for kids getting into riding.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4 Unread post by jstark47 »

I'm jealous of all the five- and six-year olds whose parents buy them these things!

Money was tight when I was a kid, there were no motorized toys. I had a bicycle though, so I had it good compared to some in our town. There was one car, which Mom and Dad shared. There was one TV in the house, in the living room. We ate regular, nothing fancy, but no one was hungry. In my innocence, I thought we were pretty well off...... what did I know?? It's all relative, I guess. :mrgreen:

Anyway, if your kid is reasonably coordinated and you have a bit of land, I think these are great. Cool vote from me.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

The bike itself is cool enough, but teaching your kids to ride (or heck, to do anything riskier than staying in the house playing videogames) is awesome!
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jstark47 wrote:I'm jealous of all the five- and six-year olds whose parents buy them these things!
Yes, tell me about it! Lucky ducks!

With the love of riding I have, I wish I started as a kid. Really missed out there, but I did have a one-speed pedal bike that LOOKED like a motorcycle (including a plastic gas tank, REAL rear twin shocks and I'm sure it weighted 150lbs) while I was a kid. While riding might not be for every kid on the block, it's great to HAVE that opportunity to experience it.

How could I not vote awesome for the CRF50F? It's the door into a whole new world.

Argh, not that Whole New World! lol.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Honda CRF50F - Coolness Factor = 78.3%
Featured: February 18th - February 25th 2016
Most popular vote category: TIE Awesome/Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52792
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... CRF50F.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Honda CRF50F is:

Awesome (3 points) 45% 45% [ 9 ]
Cool (2 points) 45% 45% [ 9 ]
Uncool (1 point) 10% 10% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 20

= a Coolwall Factor of 78.3%

Notes: Opens kids up to a whole new world of experiences. Might be the greatest gift a parent can buy.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!