dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: This Week: 2016 Victory Magnum X-1 Stealth Edition - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by dr_bar »

I'm with ceemes, on the fail here, as it has already been said, those first models were a great attempt to attack the American manufactured m/c market. When the Vision came out, I lost all respect for the brand, and so far, they've done nothing to turn my mind back in that direction again...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, not much love for the X-1... sadly, I'm in the same boat as well.

Like many of you said, when Victory first came out, they were the IMO "Technological Harley-Davidson" now H-D has caught up and Victory seems a little less interesting. I always wonder, what happened to the AMAZING color schemes they used to do? Back in 2006-10 I looked forward at shows to see the Victory paint jobs, amazing stuff, industry leading innovation. Now, it's matt color this or flat that and most in monotone or just black... blah.

Don't get me wrong, a black bike is great, but from a company that went from "any color you want in one paint scheme" to Ford Model T color palate... well, it's depressing.

Ok, so on with the Victory Magnum X-1 Stealth Edition... the Magnum was pretty interesting when they introduced it, a monster front wheel size, super customization, big a$$ stereo system... it's great. But since then it's lost a little luster, in fact, Victory has as well with the same ol' same ol' V-Twin stuff... whatever happened to the R&D on their inline-4 or the parallel twin back in 2004?

The Magnum is a good bike, no doubt, but it need to be polished to shine and for that, it's an Uncool in the Stealth form. :(

...although it would be a fail if it wasn't for the 10 speaker audio system...that's just nutz and cool. lol!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Victory Magnum X-1 Stealth Edition - Coolness Factor = 48.3%
Featured: May 6th - May 13th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53022
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... dition.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Victory Magnum X-1 Stealth Edition is:

Awesome (3 points) 15% [ 3 ]
Cool (2 points) 35% [ 7 ]
Uncool (1 point) 30% [ 6 ]
Fail (0 point) 20% [ 4 ]

Total votes: 20

= a Coolwall Factor of 48.3%

Notes: A very controversial model if our voting system tells us anything! Riders feel isn't quite possible Victory is running out of gas in the ideas department here as the new 2016 Victory Magnum X-1 Stealth Edition fails to impress many. Can Victory pull a the magical rabbit it desperately needs out of a hat for 2017 model year or is it the curtain call? Let's cross our fingers for this great company.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.