Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring - Coolness Factor = 62.1%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring Review on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ouring.htm

2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Touring Muscle...

Tour like never before on nothing else.

Extraordinary. Unique. Ultimate. Legendary. Everything you’ve heard about the Triumph Rocket III is true. With sheer force of presence, the Rocket III uses the world’s largest production motorcycle engine to deliver a simply stunning riding experience unmatched on two wheels. The Triumph Rocket III: believe in the unbelievable.

The Rocket III Roadster is a totally unique kind of motorcycle with the most unmistakable presence on two wheels. A true one-off it defies convention and category.

With the world’s biggest production motorcycle engine the latest Rocket III Roadster builds on the huge performance of the original Rocket III but now with even more torque.

The 2.3 litre, three-cylinder engine is designed to be an arm-wrenching thrill to ride, yet easy and unintimidating too, despite its thunderous roar. Its sweet handling chassis, rigid frame and sophisticated suspension gives you the confidence to sweep through corners and change direction with an agility that belies this Roadsters size.

The latest Rocket III features blackened components including radiator cowls, rear mudguard rails, airbox cover, fork protectors, and mirrors giving our Roadster an even more menacing look.

There's nothing else like it out there, not to look at, nor to ride.

2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

Rocket III Roadster Standard Equipment
•ABS
•Four-piston Nissin calipers
•Shaft drive
•Unmistakable presence of the World’s largest capacity mass production motorcycle
•2300cc inline three-cylinder engine delivers a staggering 221Nm of torque
•Carefully refined handling characteristics deliver exceptional balance and chassis control with a low centre of gravity

Additional to Rocket III Touring
•ABS
•Back rest pad
•Engine protection bars
•Panniers
•Quick release screen

The Rocket III Touring is available in:
•Phantom Black
•Cranberry Red / Phantom Black

2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $17500 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $19500 CDN

Type Liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
Capacity 2294cc
Bore/Stroke 101.6 mm / 94.3 mm
Compression 8.7:1
Max Power EC 106 Hp (78 kW) 6,000 rpm
Max Torque EC 150 FT-lbs (203 Nm) 2,500 rpm
System Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with twin butterflies and progressive linkage on primary butterflies
Exhaust Stainless steel 3 into 1 into 2, large volume catalysts in front of chrome-plated silencers
Final drive Shaft
Clutch Wet, multi-plate
Gearbox 5-speed
Frame Tubular steel, twin spine
Swingarm Twin-sided, steel (houses drive shaft)
Front Wheels Cast aluminium alloy 25-spoke 16 x 3.5 in
Rear Wheels Cast aluminium alloy 25-spoke 16 x 5.0 in
Front Tires 150/80 R16
Rear Tires 180/70 R16
Front Suspension Kayaba 43 mm forks. 120 mm travel fully shrouded uppers
Rear Suspension Kayaba chromed spring twin shocks with 5 position adjustable preload, 105 mm rear wheel travel
Brakes Front Twin 320 mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston fixed calipers, ABS
Brakes Rear Single 316 mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
Instrument Display and Functions Analogue speedometer featuring analogue fuel gauge, scroll button on handlebars, LCD trip computer and clock
Width Handlebars 39.2 in (995 mm)
Height Without Mirror 46.5 in (1182 mm)
Seat Height 28.7 in (730 mm)
Wheelbase 67.1 in (1705 mm)
Rake 32 º
Trail 7.2 in (184mm)
Dry Weight 789 lbs (358 Kg)
Tank Capacity 5.9 US Gallon
Urban * * 27.3 US MPG
Constant Speed 56mph/90kph 43.2 US MPG
Constant Speed 75mph/120kph 34.9 US MPG

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ouring.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This week is the 2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring for all our heavy cruiser/tourers out there! We haven't had the Rocket III touring up on the Cool Wall yet and in contrast to last week's touring Spyder, I thought this would be a great 2-wheeler touring vs 3-wheeler touring comparison.

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

I am a Triumph man and when the Rocket III made its first appearance, there was a certain wow factor to it...........This however, sorry but I would have to go for the Meh option if we had one, but since it is a Triumph, I will give it a grudging cool.
Always ask why.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

Fail. Like the V-8 Boss Hoss, this is little more than an exercise in excess.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Not my cuppa tea. Uncool.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#6 Unread post by montanalifter »

Awesome, I just about bought another one 3 months ago (owned a rocket standard before but wrecked it) but found a thunderbird at a great price. Loved my rocket as it was very unique from the sound to the look. Don't get one of these if you don't want to answer a lot of questions whenever you stop. No you definitely do not need 2.3 liters but it is fun to have. There is a new one in Kansas City for 16k, might be a 2015 though.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

It pains me to give an uncool to a Triumph. Somehow the ridiculous excess doesn't suit the brand. And at twelve years old with just incremental changes, it's getting on a bit, isn't it?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#8 Unread post by ZRex »

I think the Rocket III looks better with the hard bags than without. I voted Awesome because even though the Rocket III Touring is heavy, it is not really any heavier than its competition, the difference is the Rocket has the power (torque) that is way beyond any other (stock) touring bike.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Cool (the non-touring gets the awesome from me)

True, I can't defend the fact that the Triumph Rocket III has undergone very little changes since it's introduction, but like the Gen-1 VMAX, it didn't need to. It was excessive in everyway and offered up no excuses. I found it interesting even though Triumph didn't change hardly anything about the Rocket III it has tried a few different variants along the way of the model to broaden it's ownership. The simple Rocket III Roadster is my fav, but the Touring reminds me a lot of a bike I liked, the Honda Valkyrie.

Truly, 2300cc is just over the top and I am surprised it has survived since the death of so many other "too big to fail" cc monsters, like the Kawasaki Vulcan 2000, the VTX1800 and (whatever happened to the Boss Hoss?).

Like Grey Thumper said, over the top ridiculous excess doesn't suit the brand, but that said, they do have the Thunderbird and Triumph isn't making any "small cc" bikes anymore either...

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring - Coolness Factor = 62.1%
Featured: July 8th - July 15th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53272
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ouring.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring is:

Awesome (3 points) 45% [ 10 ]
Cool (2 points) 14% [ 3 ]
Uncool (1 point) 23% [ 5 ]
Fail (0 point) 18% [ 4 ]

Total votes: 22

= a Coolwall Factor of 62.1%

Notes: Long in the tooth, needs updating. If you want the largest engine sized, mass produced motorcycle currently in production today then you found it. At 2300cc, it's excessive in everyway and may go down in history like a the VMAX. What a bike for it's time.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!