Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Indian Scout FTR750 - Coolness Factor = 85.0%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Indian Scout FTR750 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... FTR750.htm

2017 Indian Scout FTR750 on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

INDIAN MOTORCYCLE AND RACING LEGENDS UNVEIL NEW Scout FTR750 FOR AMA FLAT TRACK COMPETITION...

Indian Motorcycle Wrecking Crew Living Legends, Bobby Hill and Bill Tuman on-hand in Sturgis to celebrate historic return to professional racing.

MINNEAPOLIS (August 8, 2016) - Indian Motorcycle®, America's first motorcycle company, unleashed its all-new Indian Scout Scout FTR750 flat track race bike in a place synonymous with the brand - the 76th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. The event is the latest milestone in the historic return to professional flat track racing for the brand, while the Scout Scout FTR750 represents Indian Motorcycle's bid for a strong return to AMA flat track racing.

The Indian Scout Scout FTR750 was revealed at the "Motorcycles as Art" industry event that took place at the famed Buffalo Chip in Sturgis. Special guests on-hand were the two surviving members of the legendary Indian Wrecking Crew, Bobby Hill and Bill Tuman, both of whom are AMA Hall of Fame members. The third member of the Wrecking Crew, Ernie Beckman, passed away in 1999. The motorcycle featured the #51 of Bill Tuman, as a tribute to the last rider to win a Grand National Championship on an Indian in 1953.

"A heritage of racing and winning is in the lifeblood of this brand, and everyone in attendance was clearly proud to be a part of this important moment in the historic return of Indian Motorcycle to professional flat track racing," said President of Motorcycles Steve Menneto. "We have an incredible team of engineers and designers working on this initiative, and all of us are deeply committed to building a world-class racing program that will live up to our legendary history on the track."

The all-new Indian Scout Scout FTR750 features a high-revving, racing V-Twin engine developed in-house and is wrapped in a unique steel frame that allows for a tight wheelbase, large centrally located airbox and unique lightweight carbon fiber body. The design of the race-only bike reflects the heritage of key Indian racing models from history including the Big Base Scout; a historic bike that won in Daytona, dominated events across the country and is still raced in Vintage competition today.

More information on the race only Indian Scout Scout FTR750 will be made in the future. The motorcycle will be on display in the AMA Paddock at the Black Hills Speedway during the fans walk, and will be shown in the Indian Motorcycle factory display on Lazelle Street through the rally week.

Indian Scout FTR750 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

More to come

2017 Indian Scout FTR750 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

More to come

2017 Indian Scout FTR750 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: $ USD

More to come
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Indian Scout FTR750 - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

After last week's dirt bike, I thought you deserved something special, and the new 2017 Indian Scout FTR750 just arrived from Indian to compete against the Harley-Davidson XG750R. As it is for Harley-Davidson, this is the first time, in a long time, Indian has produced a flat track racing bike, so it's a landmark.

Q.) Will Indian complete 1-on-1 with H-D?

Q.) Any guesses on who are those 2 old racing dudes are in the 2nd photo? (yes, I know, but do you?)

Q.) Will Indian make a 750cc street bike based on the FTR750 as their new entry level!?

A.) Yes, that's ALL THE INFORMATION I have for the FTR750 right now, it was JUST released. :)

A.) If you are curious, here is the link to the H-D XG750R on the Cool Wall: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53110

So many good questions!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The 2017 Indian Scout FTR750 might be one of our 2016 TOP 3 coolest bikes... lots of votes, but no comments? :lol:

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#4 Unread post by montanalifter »

That second picture is definitely awesome!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

And it seems, after seeing the vote after voting, so did the majority of you'all as well did! Must be the excitement of Harley-Davidson vs Indian Motorcycle racing side by side down the AMA flat track or maybe it's because the new trend we are starting to see is "retro styled flat tackers". No matter what it is, is it great to see a new trend developing in bike design! Will the FTR750 be created as a street bike? Let's hope so!

Either way, Indian is looking at a smaller 750cc engine to offer the public. And that's a good thing! Maybe we will see a version of "sportster" lines come out as well?

Exciting times!

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Indian Scout FTR750 - Coolness Factor = 85.0%
Featured: August 12th - August 19th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53471
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... FTR750.htm

our Coolness Factor of the 2017 Indian Scout FTR750 is:

Awesome (3 points) 70% [ 14 ]
Cool (2 points) 20% [ 4 ]
Uncool (1 point) 5% [ 1 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 20

= a Coolwall Factor of 85.0%

Notes: Exciting times! They say history repeats itself, and the Harley-Davidson vs Indian rivalry is alive and well again! Who would have guessed just 10 years ago Indian would be where it is today? It's amazing how well a job Polaris is doing with the company and how far they have come in such a short time to revive the brand. Lots of road to go still but at least they are in the fast lane...

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BTW: If you were curious on the answer to the Trivia Question:

Q.) Any guesses on who are those 2 old racing dudes are in the 2nd photo?

A.) Special guests on-hand were the two surviving members of the legendary Indian Wrecking Crew, Bobby Hill and Bill Tuman, both of whom are AMA Hall of Fame members.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: 2017 Indian Scout FTR750 - Coolness Factor = 85.0%

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

I'm brokenhearted to have missed this one. This is the single coolest bike I have seen all year. A street legal version of this may just finally be the bike that sees me part with my Superduke to get. Lovely.