Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 - Coolness Factor = 71.4%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Sixty2.htm

2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

New Pop Icon...

The new Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 doesn't just extend the range on offer from the new Ducati brand. It opens the way for a new two-wheel segment that meets the requirements of those seeking an accessible bike that is easy to handle and has low running costs but not wanting to miss out on the unique Scrambler spirit: fun and sharing of positive emotion.

Sixty2 is a Scrambler inspired by youth street culture, skateboards, street food, pop music and, above all, the pop art that, back in 1962 (the year the very first Ducati Scrambler was launched), was taking the United States by storm. That's why the Sixty2, the most "popular" Scrambler ever, is already a "pop icon".

With the Sixty2, the highly expressive Ducati Scrambler design takes on a fresh look thanks to a slim steel tank with dedicated graphics and logos. This makes the Sixty2 immediately recognisable, as do its three exclusive colours: Atomic Tangerine, Ocean Grey and Shining Black.

Anti-conformist, affordable and essential, the Sixty2 once again provides that perfect Ducati Scrambler mix of tradition and modernity, a mix now closer than ever to the essence of motorcycling: two wheels, wide handlebars, a simple engine and tons of fun.
User-friendly and even more affordable - without compromising on Ducati style or quality - the Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 is a contemporary bike featuring genuine, top-class materials such as the steel on the new swingarm, the same material used to make the new teardrop tank and the frame. This quality metal has been combined with latest-generation components such as the front and rear LED lights and LCD instruments.

Wide handlebars and a long seat ensure a comfortable, relaxed riding position. The low barycentre and a new 160/60 x 17" rear tyre with a slightly chunky surface pattern ensure great handling and pure fun whatever the situation, not to mention confident braking thanks to the as-standard ABS.

Moreover, a vast range of bike and apparel accessories means that the Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 offers a near-unlimited range of possibilities in terms of both personalisation and exclusive 'lifestyling'.

Ducati Scrambler - The Land of Joy

Ducati Scrambler is not just a new motorcycle but rather a new brand, a new approach to the motorcycling world that offers not only performance and technology but also freedom of expression, fun and sharing of positive emotion. Ducati Scrambler is a new brand, offering a whole new world made up of bikes, accessories and apparel that provide the last word in self-expression. Anti-conformist, accessible and essential, the Ducati Scrambler is a perfect mix of tradition and modernity, a step towards the pure essence of motorcycling: two wheels, wide handlebars, a straightforward engine and endless fun. The Scrambler world - the latest addition to the Ducati universe - is one of authentic creativity and free expression; the lead-up to its official arrival has generated an unprecedented buzz, as has a captivating launch campaign of outstanding originality.

This is more than just a new bike: it's a whole new world, one that expresses itself via a range of versions that provide a starting point for satisfying the different needs and wants of individual motorcyclists. "Post-heritage" design gives a contemporary take on the iconic bike built by Ducati back in the 70s. This Ducati Scrambler, though, is not a retro bike: it is, rather, intended to be just how the legendary motorcycle would be today if Ducati had never stopped building it.

In 2016 the Ducati Scrambler family is set to grow. The Icon, Urban Enduro, Full Throttle and Classic versions will soon be joined by the Flat Track Pro, inspired by the world of oval track racing, and the new Sixty2 which opens the way for a new two-wheel segment that meets the requirements of those seeking a smaller-engined bike that is easy to handle and has low running costs but not wanting to miss out on the unique Scrambler spirit.

Moreover, thanks to a vast range of apparel and bike accessories, called "ingredients", the Ducati Scrambler offers a virtually unlimited range of exclusive personalisation and lifestyle options.

2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for pricing in CDN

ENGINE

Type L-Twin cylinder, Desmodromic distribution, 2 valves per cylinder, air-cooled
Displacement 399 cc
Bore x stroke 72 mm x 49 mm
Compression ratio 10,7 : 1
Power 30.2 kW (41 hp) @ 8750 rpm
Torque 34.6 Nm (3.5 kgm) @ 8,000 rpm
Fuel injection Electronic fuel injection, throttle body diameter 50 mm
Exhaust Exhaust system with single stainless steel muffler, aluminium tail pipe cover; catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes
Emissions Euro 4

TRANSMISSION

Gearbox 6 speed
Ratio 1=32/13 2=30/18 3=28/21 4=26/23 5=22/22 6=24/26
Primary drive Straight cut gears; Ratio 2.28:1
Final drive Chain; front sprocket 15; rear sprocket 48
Clutch Wet multiplate clutch with mechanical control

CHASSIS

Frame Tubular steel Trellis frame
Front suspension Traditional Showa 41 mm fork
Front wheel travel 150 mm (5.9 in.)
Front wheel Lightweight alloy, 10-spoke, 3.00" x 18"
Front tyre Pirelli MT 60 RS 110/80 R18
Rear suspension Kayaba rear shock with fully adjustable preload
Rear wheel travel 150 mm (5.9 in.)
Rear wheel Lightweight alloy, 10-spoke, 4.50" x 17"
Rear tyre Pirelli MT 60 RS 160/60 R17
Front brake 320 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper with ABS as standard
Rear brake 245 mm disc, 1-piston floating calliper with ABS as standard
Wheelbase 1,460 mm
Rake 24°
Trail 112 mm (4.4 in.)
Total steering lock 35°
Fuel tank capacity 14 l
Dry weight 167 kg
Wet weight* 183 kg
Seat height 790 mm - 770 mm low seat available as an accessory
Max height 1,165 mm (brake oil tank)
Max width 860 mm (mirrors)
Max length 2,150 mm
Number of seats Two-seater
Standard equipment Steel tank; front headlight with glass lens, LED positioning light with interchangeable surround; rear headlight with LED technology; LCD instrumentation with interchangeable surround; 18" front wheel and 17" rear wheel

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Sixty2.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This week I'm going to go out on a limb here and put up the new 2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 as our last Cool Wall Bike, the 'Busa, I guessed the market moved on from sport-touring -> Adventure bikes -> Retro Bikes being popular to the new craze, Scramblers. Am I right? Or completely missed the jump and ended up in the weeds?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

Calling a bike a scrambler doesn't make it a scrambler. Scramblers came out of the post-WW2 off road biking screen, they were the dirt bikes of the day. Usually modified street bike, stripped down of unnecessary gear such as fenders, turn signals, lights and in some cases even rear brakes were tossed...add on some knobbly off road tires along with moving the exhaust and muffier up so it did get flooded when you hit the water or deep mud and you were ready to go scrambling over hill and dale, river and stream...........this bike is not a scrambler, the exhaust is too low, the tires are all wrong and that arse end looks plain stupid.......however, as a sport naked, which it really is, its cool...as a scrambler it fails.....but I will give a cool as a tasty looking sport naked.
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#4 Unread post by faded sun »

Well I'm glad there are so many lifestyle options with this "new" icon of motorcycling, not to mention those "ingredients" that go with it.

I think there is a shrinking market for bikes and the manufacturers are trying to find new demographics. The median age for riders in the States is 48 according to something I read on another forum in an article on motorcycle safety. It's likely similar here in Canada, or worse considering what it costs for a young rider to get insurance here. 50 year-olds are not going to buy this bike. Maybe that's why the marketing turns me off. It's not meant for me.

The bike looks like a dirt bike built for the street, not a street bike built for the dirt. Not my thing.

And those pretty girls are going to regret not having full face helmets if they really do go scrambling. At least one of them brought goggles.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

It's a cool enough looking retro standard, but how much is it going to be? And is the only difference between this and the 800cc Scrambler the bore and stroke of the engine? 41hp doesn't sound like much if it's going to be pretty much the same weight as the bigger Duc Scrambler.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

First, I voted, Awesome (it looks really great and looks really fun), but then after reading the comments on "it really isn't a scrambler" I have to completely agree, it's not at all a scrambler. In fact, other than the high handlebars and the bench seat, and "shorty" looking rear mud guard, there isn't much scrambler about it.

But it still looks really great and really fun, so I'll bump it to a Cool instead. Misnamed? For sure. Still fun though I image.

faded sun wrote : "The median age for riders in the States is 48 according to something I read on another forum in an article on motorcycle safety. It's likely similar here in Canada, or worse considering what it costs for a young rider to get insurance here. "

Interesting you mentioned that, I just moved Waterloo, Ontario and wow, is insurance here expensive or what?!? In fact, I've had insurance in England, USA, Calgary, and Toronto (many moons ago) and it's like the Ontario gov't doesn't want people to ride here at all! The motorcycle shop I got my bike out of Prov inspected said they have to tell young riders insurance will cost them $3000-5000 per year! That's quite a turn off to new riders. And, some new riders who ride older 80-90's bikes are paying MORE than their bikes are worth, EACH YEAR for insurance!

Myself, my 2013 Guzzi V7 Stone is insured for $400/yr, 1m liability and comprehensive only. In Calgary it was $98-$200/yr, in the USA it was $102/year, in England, around $125/yr.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 - Coolness Factor = 71.4%
Featured: December 2nd - December 9th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53933
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Sixty2.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 is:

Awesome (3 points) 33% 33% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 52% 52% [ 11 ] x
Uncool (1 point) 10% 10% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 21

= a Coolwall Factor of 71.4%

Notes: Love it for what it is, not for what it thinks it is. Sounds strange, but the little 2016 Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 is a little bait-and-switch from Ducati, you think you are buying a real scrambler, but what you are really buying is a naked bike. It's a great little naked bike to bomb around on, but please don't take it scrambling without aftermarket accessories. Otherwise, it's a fun bike in stock form.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#8 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

Grey Thumper wrote:It's a cool enough looking retro standard, but how much is it going to be? And is the only difference between this and the 800cc Scrambler the bore and stroke of the engine? 41hp doesn't sound like much if it's going to be pretty much the same weight as the bigger Duc Scrambler.
Price is eight large. OUCH.