Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special - Coolness Factor = 86.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... pecial.htm

THE THIRD GENERATION TO CELEBRATE THE FIFTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY...

To celebrate the fifty year anniversary of the first model, Moto Guzzi introduces the V7 III. The third generation of the Moto Guzzi that is known and loved all over the world has been completely revamped: every detail has been fine-tuned to maximise owner satisfaction and riding pleasure, leaving the originality and authenticity typical of this iconic motorcycle unaltered.

V7 is one of the most celebrated and well-known Moto Guzzi models. This world fame is due to its ability to remain faithful to the expectations and reputation of a legendary brand like Moto Guzzi. Since 1967, the year the first units were sold in Italy, the V7 became a pillar of the product range and the representative of the Italian motorcycle par excellence, standing out for its content and design, highly popular with a truly transversal and varied public.

Fifty years later, Moto Guzzi introduces the third act of a first work: V7 III. The challenge of introducing a new version of such a famous motorcycle with such a rich heritage and so much success is one of the most difficult, considering the fact that the V7, the brand's best-seller since 2009, constitutes the Moto Guzzi entry-level bike, dedicated to both women and men, in addition to young people who want to proudly own one of the most iconic Mandello del Lario production motorcycles.

As was the case with the V7 II compared with the first-born V7, for the V7 III the revamping is profound enough to merit a new progressive number in Roman numerals, that has always distinguished the most popular and long-lasting Moto Guzzi bikes, such as the Le Mans and the California. V7 III is the result of Moto Guzzi's modern passion and courage, able and skilled in renewing its best-seller, leaving the character and authenticity unaltered, two values that are destined to weather the test of time.

V7 III is available in the three well-known and popular versions, Stone, Special and Racer that, compared with the past, now take on stronger connotations and differ more from one another. Consistent with the other Moto Guzzi models in the range, the V7 III also has a dark version that stands out for its total black graphics. It is the Stone and a more classic one dominated by chroming, more in line with the design of the forerunner, which is the Special. The Racer, on the other hand, represents the successful sports heritage of Moto Guzzi, a winner of 15 world titles and 11 Tourist Trophies when the decision was made to retire from racing (in 1957). The V7 range has now been expanded: Moto Guzzi pays homage to fifty years of the V7 model by introducing a fourth version, called the Anniversario, a numbered edition limited to just 750 units, characterized by brand new and exclusive details. The “seven-fifty” from Mandello has proven to be an excellent base foundation for customization projects. In fact, it was protagonist of Lord of the Bikes, the first TV talent show dedicated to motorcycle customizing, broadcast in Italy on Sky, that took Moto Guzzi onto the small screen. The original Moto Guzzi accessories range, already quite rich for the V7 II, was created as a supplementary part of the project and it has been expanded even farther. The V7 III therefore lends itself exceptionally well to customization, so you can create your own made to measure special, like a tailor fitted garment.

MORE PLEASURE TO OWN AND RIDE A V7-

Although maximum power increased 10% thanks to the introduction of the new engine, increasing performance was not the main objective driving the V7 revamping. The third generation of the “seven-fifty” from Mandello will continue to be the Moto Guzzi entry-level model, easy to ride, with the most contained size and weight in its category, but at the same time with a strong and authentic character, typical of all Moto Guzzi bikes, much of which is shown off by the transversal V-twin engine, a one-of-a-kind configuration. The primary goals that led this evolution had to do with style, standard equipment and performance on the road, in other words, aspects that influence the pleasure of owning and riding a V7.

V7 III keeps the stylistic personality of the model intact, characterized by a design that dialogues through shapes inspired by Moto Guzzi heritage and modern motorcycle requirements. However, the first impression is that you are in the presence of a more mature and robust bike, a sensation due primarily to the presence of the dual pipe exhaust manifold and cylinder heads, both oversized. In reality, besides these two parts, the volumes are more or less identical to those of the previous generation, confirming the V7 III as one of the most accessible and sleek classic motorcycles. On the other hand, the metal fuel tank has not changed, with its excellent 21-litre capacity and style inspired, as always, by the one on the magnificent 1971 V7 Sport.

The aluminium fuel cap is no longer flush with the tank line, but it is a screw cap and, as previously, it has a lock. Other new style elements involve the new design injector covers, the sleeker side fairings and the new saddle with brand new and dedicated graphics for each of the models.

The turn indicators are also new, as are the mirrors, 40 mm wider in order to increase visibility and the instrumentation. In line with the essential image of the V7 III Stone, the latter mounts a spectacular unit with a single circular display 100 mm in diameter, whereas the Special, Racer and Anniversario versions have a second circular display that contains the Rev. counter. The speedometer is analogue, whereas all the other information is included on the digital display: odometer, partial and daily trip (resets automatically eight hours after being switched off), trip time, instantaneous and average consumption, air temperature, average speed and the MGCT level, as well as the engaged gear indicator, for which the minimum and maximum rpm value can be adjusted by the user. This way, you can keep a determined engine rpm range under control, for example to run in the bike as effectively as possible or to reduce fuel consumption to a minimum. The rider interacts with the instrumentation using the button on the new right hand electrical block.

The rich catalogue of dedicated accessories includes the MG-MP, the Moto Guzzi multimedia platform that connects your smartphone to your vehicle, providing an exceptional quantity of useful travel information.

V7 III SPECIAL, CLASSIC AND ELEGANT-

Of the V7 models it is the one that comes closest to the spirit of the original model. Classic and elegant, it has numerous chromium parts and decidedly bright graphics. Like the famous 1975 V750 S3, it has the typical coloured stripe on the side panels under the saddle that complement the matching coloured horizontal bands on the tank. The spoked wheels have polished channels and black hubs; the instrumentation is made up of dual circular displays and the chromium plated steel passenger grab handle comes standard. V7 III Special also boasts a saddle with “old school” stitching, elements that highlight its classic and elegant roots. Unlike the Stone and the Racer, the V7 III Special and Anniversario have fork stanchion protectors instead of dust boots. The available colour schemes are also new: Nero Inchiostro, Blu Zaffiro.
\\

2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
North America MSRP Price: To Be Announced
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)

Displacement 744 cc
Bore 80 mm
Travel 74 mm
Timing system 2 valves with light alloy pushrods and rockers
Max Power 38 kW (52 HP) at 6200 rpm
Maximum torque at crankshaft 60 Nm at 4900 rpm
Exhaust system 3-way catalytic converter with double lambda probe
Cooling Air
Frame: double cradle tubular frame in ALS steel with detachable elements.
Wheelbase: 1463 mm
Trail: 106 mm
Headstock angle: 26.4°
Front suspension Ø 40 mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Travel: 130 mm
Rear suspension die cast light alloy swing arm with 2 shock absorbers with adjustable spring preload (Öhlins fully adjustable for Racer)
93 mm (shock absorber travel 80 mm) (Stone/Special/Anniversario)
Wheel travel: 96 mm (shock absorber travel 75 mm) for Racer
Front Brake Ø 320 mm stainless steel floating discs, Brembo callipers with 4 differently sized opposed pistons
Rear brake Ø 260 mm, stainless steel disc, floating calliper with 2 pistons
Front wheel 18" in lightweight alloy (Stone), spoked (Special/Racer/Anniversario)100/90 (110/80 R18 as alternative)
Rear wheel 17" in lightweight alloy (Stone), spoked (Special/Racer/Anniversario)130/80
Saddle height 770 mm
Length: 2,185 mm
Height: 1110 mm
Minimum ground clearance: 150 mm
Fuel tank capacity 21 litres (including 4 litre reserve)
Kerb weight 189 kg (Stone) – 193 (Special/Anniversario)
Kerb weight* 209 kg (Stone) – 213 (Special/Anniversario)
* Weight with motorcycle ready for use with all operating fluids and with 90% fuel.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ah, the first Total Motorcycle Cool Wall Bike for 2017, and since Moto Guzzi just released the ALL NEW V7 III versions, well, I had to pick this model as our first of the year.

I'm curious what you think about the 3rd Generation of the V7 as I own a 1st Generation myself.

Remember, every single vote counts.

Enjoy, Discuss, Have fun!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

That is one very tasty looking retro, indeed that is retro done right, right down to the spoked wheels, rear fender and saddle.....not seat, but saddle.....on looks alone....I have to give an awesome.
Always ask why.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#4 Unread post by Hanson »

I always like the classic a bit more than the Stone. I think it is awesome.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Has there ever been a Guzzi that's gotten less than "cool" on the Cool Wall? Somehow I doubt it.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Oh boy. What a color, and I'm not even a true "blue" fan of blue. But somehow, the blue/white/orange with chrome just works on the new V7III Special. Not a very big fan of the new V7III Stone though as it really lacks the chrome, but the Special, very nice.

What almost gave it a Cool vs an Awesome vote from me was the new gauges look, they are still very cool, but more "normal" vs "elegant" if you know what I mean.

I'm amazed that Guzzi has AGAIN, updated the V7 so soon. This puts 3 updates on the table since 2013! That more than some sportbikes get, and I can attest, sportbikes are the most updated models of any group.

New engine? Great. New Looks? Great. New Tech? Great.

Hopefully the price doesn't change too much, but the Piaggio group is well known for outstanding value pricing for what you get, so I doubt it will go up much.

Great Guzzi! I'd buy it.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special - Coolness Factor = 86.7%
Featured: January 13th - December 20th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54108
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... pecial.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special is:

Awesome (3 points) 16
Cool (2 points) 8
Uncool (1 point) 1
Fail (0 point) 0

Total votes: 25

= a Coolwall Factor of 86.7%

Notes: First new model of 2017. First bike of 2017. First Awesome vote for 2017. Lots of nice firsts to start the new year off with. The new Moto Guzzi V7III Special once again is completely updated to improve on the previous model. It is truly hard to hate on the Guzzi V7, there is just something about it we can all like in someway. While it may not be our #1 choice of bike, any of us (new or expert rider) wouldn't hesitate to take it for a spin if offered. And that's motorcycle mojo right there.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!