Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Vespa 946 Red - Coolness Factor = 57.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Vespa 946 Red on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 46-Red.htm

2017 Vespa 946 Red on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Together let’s #endAIDS...

The Vespa 946 is the purest and most modern expression of a style that for millions of travellers and fans is a byword for freedom and movement.

A collaborative partnership between the Piaggio Group and (RED) has created the (VESPA 946) RED - an all-red version of the classic scooter, sales of which will go towards initiatives fighting AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.

The (VESPA 946) RED has been designed with elegance and style in order to raise awareness of this serious problem. It provides the chance to join the battle against some of the most difficult diseases mankind must face.

This most exclusive and most valuable Vespa, a model born to celebrate the beauty of a mode of transport that has achieved legendary status, is also the only product in the automotive world to have been chosen by (RED). This is a record and a privilege that the Vespa 946 is honouring by turning every aspect of itself red, which has never been done before.

Founded in 2006 by Bono and Bobby Shriver, (RED) has donated $360 million to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. This money has gone to Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zambia; 100% of its resources have been invested in Africa to fund initiatives aimed at combating HIV/AIDS. (RED)'s donations to the Global Fund have had an impact on over 70 million people and been used to provide preventive measures, treatments, counselling, HIV tests and assistance services.

For each (VESPA 946) RED sold, $150 will be donated to the Global Fund and the fight against AIDS. This valuable and substantial donation will enable (RED) to guarantee over 500 days' worth of life-saving medical treatments for HIV and help prevent mothers infected with the virus from passing it on to their unborn children.

THE PIAGGIO GROUP IS JOINING FORCES WITH (RED) IN THE FIGHT AGAINST AIDS

THIS PARTNERSHIP HAS PRODUCED THE (VESPA 946) RED - A UNIQUE AND EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT THAT WILL HELP SUPPORT THE GLOBAL FUND

A collaborative partnership between the Piaggio Group and (RED) has created the (VESPA 946) RED - an all-red version of the classic scooter, sales of which will go towards initiatives fighting AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.

The (VESPA 946) RED has been designed with elegance and style in order to show sensitivity to this serious problem. It symbolises the chance to join the battle against some of the most difficult illnesses humankind has to face.

This most exclusive and most valuable Vespa, a model born to celebrate the beauty of a mode of transport that has achieved legendary status, is also the only product in the automotive world to have been chosen by (RED). This is a record and a privilege that the Vespa 946 is honouring by turning every aspect of itself red, which has never been done before. The courage of the (VESPA 946) RED is also the asset that will make the biggest contribution to a very noble cause and allow it to join the ranks of other prestigious (RED) brands, such as Apple, Nike, American Express, Starbucks and Coca-Cola.

Founded in 2006 by Bono and Bobby Shriver, (RED) has donated $360 million to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. This money has gone to Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zambia; 100% of its resources have been invested in Africa to fund initiatives aimed at combating HIV/AIDS. (RED)'s donations to the Global Fund have had an impact on over 70 million people and been used to provide preventive measures, treatments, counselling, HIV tests and assistance services.

Having been previewed in Rome as part of the Global Fund event last June with Bill Gates - one of the world's greatest players in the fight to promote the health and well-being of people in developing countries with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - the (VESPA 946) RED has now arrived with its final outfit: This how is the model will be sold in Europe, Asia, the Pacific Area and the United States.

Throughout its history, Vespa has been capable of surpassing the motorcycle's initial function as a simple and elegant vehicle and turning it into an extraordinary testament to its time, interpreting societal change and evolving accordingly. As such, funding an international project of such high social sensitivity is wholly consistent with Vespa's values and DNA - after all, this is a company whose charity "Vespa for Children" has already launched a healthcare programme for young patients affected by rare diseases at the paediatric hospital of Hanoi (Vietnam).

Vespa is now joining forces with (RED) to try to create a world in which no child is born with HIV.

The (VESPA 946) RED is the 2017 version of the Vespa 946, a highly exclusive model dedicated to aesthetic and technological perfection whose name commemorates the year in which the Vespa - the ultimate symbol of Italian elegance - was born: 1946.
The Vespa 946 tells the story of how the scooter's style evolved, of its role in contemporary society, and of the creation of new lines that have taken the original design to new levels of elegance. Artisan yet futuristic at the same time, the Vespa 946 both harks back to our magnificent past and rewrites its aesthetics afresh in meticulous attention to detail and deep respect for the environment. The (VESPA 946) RED represents the new chapter in an incredible story of beauty, enthusiasm, diligence and sensitivity.

2017 Vespa 946 Red www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

SEDUCTION

Red symbolizes the attraction that grows over time. Vespa 946 tells the story
of the evolution of a style, the meeting with the modern world, the creation of new lines that enhance the elegance of the original design.
Hand crafted and futuristic, Vespa 946 tells the story of our best past and
renews it in aesthetics, attention to detail and environmental friendliness.
(VESPA 946)RED is the new chapter of a great story of beauty,
enthusiasm and solidarity.

CULT

Red is the power of a great idea. On display in the permanent MoMA
collections in New York and the Triennale di Milano, Vespa is one of the twelve design products that have written a page of twentieth century history.
The new (VESPA 946)RED is the latest example of magic and creativity,
a new recipe for beauty and anti-conformity, an eternal contemporaneity.

CARING

For each (VESPA 946)RED sold, $150 will be donated to the Global Fund to
fight AIDS with (RED). That’s enough to provide more than 500 days of
life-saving HIV/AIDS medication in sub-Saharan Africa. That same medication
prevents a mother living with HIV from passing the virus to her unborn child.

2017 Vespa 946 Red - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN

Top speed93 km/h
EngineEuro 3
Fuel tank capacity8,5 lt
Width730 mm
Lenght1770 mm
Pitch1405 mm
Seat height805 mm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Vespa 946 Red - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I haven't had a scooter up in sometime and I noticed I've been ignoring Vespa (not on purpose, it just happened), so today, we have our first Vespa up in 2 years on the Cool Wall...

If you are going to Scooter, might as well Vespa!

...and if I may say... what an "interesting" photo.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

And again, meh.......I guess it's a decent enough urban run about and the styling really hasn't changed since its introduction back at the end of WW2 that you can't ever really call it retro........so yeah......meh,
Always ask why.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

Cool. Yes, it isn't a motorcycle, but it is an icon and has been pretty much ever since the first one was built. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to admit that they would make an awesome commuter and would likely have one in my driveway if I was in a location to use one as such. Plus, I've worked on a few and find them to be well made and stone reliable.

All that aside, I like the initiative behind this particular model and think it is awesome that proceeds from the sales will go towards fighting three of the nastiest ailments affecting the human race.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#5 Unread post by High_Side »

If you have seen business ladies commuting on a Vespa in Italy or Spain there is no other way to vote than cool! Would I ride one? Why not? Would I buy one, not likely but I get what they are all about.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I like red. My winter coat is red. My winter mitts are red.
But I don't want a red bike.
I do, however, applaud them for their fundraising efforts.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Great brand, great cause. I'm less keen on the bike itself though. It's too overstyled for my taste, and more importantly, gives up some scooter-practicality to accomodate that style. Especially toward the rear of the bike, that design both completely negates underseat storage, and also minimizes the pillion's space.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I feel if you are going to buy a scooter, look at a Vespa, it's the Harley-Davidson of scooters... (oh please don't kill me for saying that, either side!)... My meaning, is they are both leaders in the area and what people think of when they think of a Cruiser or a Scooter brand. (good or bad).

I like red cars, the color red and hey, red is the TMW logo, but I'm not a fan of a almost pure-red bike... ooo. Not so cool. But I do like the Vespa 946 model and the raising of money for a good cause. Just the red.. so uncool it is due to what it looks like. (ouch).

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Vespa 946 Red - Coolness Factor = 57.7%
Featured: February 3rd, 2017 - February 10th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54190
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 46-Red.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Vespa 946 Red is:

Awesome (3 points) 4
Cool (2 points) 12+1
Uncool (1 point) 7
Fail (0 point) 2

Total votes: 26

= a Coolwall Factor of 57.7%

Notes: Isn't it refreshing to see when a manufacturer makes a special model to give to a great cause or charity? The 2017 Vespa 946 Red may not have finished anywhere near the top of our 2017 Cool Wall charts, but it sure wins points on kindness. Way to go Vespa!

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!