Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber - Coolness Factor = 80.0%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Bobber.htm

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Review

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Unparalleled heritage, stunning custom style...

The latest addition to the Bonneville family, Triumph introduces the all-new premium custom Bonneville Bobber. Born in a unparalleled bloodline of Triumph bobber customs that stretch all the way back to the 1940’s it perfectly encapsulates the minimalist styling principles, muscular stance and purposeful engineering attitude of a genuine bobber.

Stripping the Bonneville T120 back to its purest essence it delivers all the hallmarks of a real bobber, with clean lines and low stance, single seat, wide flat bars, minimal bodywork and headlight, sculpted tank, wire spoked wheels with wide rear wheel and that all-important hard tail look.

The latest addition to the Bonneville family, Triumph introduces the all-new premium custom Bonneville Bobber. Born in a unparalleled bloodline of Triumph bobber customs that stretch all the way back to the 1940’s it perfectly encapsulates the minimalist styling principles, muscular stance and purposeful engineering attitude of a genuine bobber.

THE PREMIUM CUSTOM BONNEVILLE BOBBER

Brutally beautiful, the new Bonneville Bobber is a genuine factory custom. It perfectly encapsulates the minimalistic styling principles, muscular stance and purposeful engineering attitude of a genuine Bobber.

Stripping the Bonneville T120 back to its purest essence it delivers all the hallmarks of a real bobber. With clean lines and low stance, single seat, wide flat bars, minimal bodywork and headlight, sculpted tank, wire spoked wheels, with wide rear wheel and that all important hard tail look.

An all-new chassis, suspension and frame deliver a supremely confident, dynamic and comfortable category defining ride. With an innovative elegantly engineered adjustable seat and clock position to suit the rider and riding style. The stunning ‘swing cage’ hard tail set-up and hidden mono-shock suspension make the bobber as dynamic and thrilling to ride as it is to look at.

All electronic components are hidden from view so as not to compromise its clean lines. Rider focused technology and the signature Bonnie straight-line ‘hidden cat box’ exhaust run, are all neatly incorporated without interfering with the Bobber’s stunning looks.

At the heart of the Bobber is a category-leading, high-torque Bonneville 1200cc engine with a dedicated Bobber tune for even more torque and power low down and twin slash cut sawn off peashooter silencers and unique twin airbox and filters to surround the rider in a pure Bonneville hot rod sound.

The Bonneville Bobber has over 150 additional accessories available to enhance its beauty further and make it truly unique.

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

Peerless authenticity
•A genuine Bonneville, iconic and authentic
•A genuine bobber with unparalleled heritage, attitude and desirability
•A genuine factory custom with beautifully styled minimalism

Stunning hand crafted custom style
•Breath-taking poise, presence and iconic silhouette
•Authentic bobber features, stripped back, low, single seat, wide flat bars and hard tail look
•Premium bobber detailing and finishes

Innovative and elegant engineering
•Adjustable riding position
•Floating aluminium seat pan with beautiful stitched deep foam pad
•Sublime crafted ‘swing cage’ and hidden mono shock rear suspension
•Signature Bonneville straight line exhaust hidden ‘cat box’ pipe run

Thrilling hot rod ride and sound
•Category leading torque delivered by a dedicated Bonneville 1200HT ‘Bobber’ engine tune
•More torque and power lower down than the Bonneville T120
•Brushed stainless steel twin exhaust with lighter ‘slash cut’ sawn off peashooter silencers and a rich unique bobber exhaust note

Category defining capability, comfort and control
•A bobber without compromise
•All new frame, chassis and suspension for an engaged and comfortable ride
•Authentic wire-spoked black rim wheels and category-first radial Avon Cobra rear tyre
•Rider focused technology including ride-by-wire, torque assist clutch, switchable traction control and road and rain full power riding modes

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $11900 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $13700 CDN

Type Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin
Capacity 1200cc
Bore Stroke 3.8in (97.6mm) / 3.1in (80mm)
Compression 10.0:1
Max Power EC 77Hp (56.6kW) @ 6,100rpm
Max Torque EC 78.2FT-lbs (106Nm) @ 4,000rpm
System Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
Exhaust Brushed stainless steel 2 into 2 twin-skin exhaust system with brushed stainless silencers.
Final drive Chain
Clutch Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
Gearbox 6-speed
Frame Tubular steel cradle
Swingarm Twin-sided, tubular steel
Front Wheels Wire 32-spoke - Steel Rims. 18 x 2.5in
Rear Wheels Wire 32-spoke - Steel Rims.16 x 3.5in
Front Tires 100/90-19
Rear Tires 150/80 R16
Front Suspension KYB 41mm forks, 90mm travel
Rear Suspension KYB monoshock with linkage, 76.9mm rear wheel travel
Brakes Front 310mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
Brakes Rear Single 255mm disc, Nissin single piston floating caliper, ABS
Instrument Display and Functions LCD multi-functional instrument pack with analogue speedometer, odometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty indication, service indicator, clock, 2x trip, average & current fuel consumption display, traction control status display, Cruise control & heated grip ready - controlled by a handlebar mounted scroll button.
Width Handlebars 31.5in (800mm)
Height Without Mirror 40.4in (1025mm)
Seat Height 690mm
Wheelbase 59.4in (1510mm)
Rake 25.8º
Trail 3.5in (87.9mm)
Dry Weight 502lb (228kg)
Tank Capacity 2.4gal
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

From last week's technological marvel to this week's almost 70 year old retro..

New for 2017..

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

There has been quite a bit of a buzz about this bike on FB and many of my local RR600 crotch rocket riders are drooling over this bike. Triumph IMHO has nailed it perfectly with this retroest of retro bike.....the lines are perfect, the design smack on, the engine looks the part and the more modern components, such as the rear shock discretely hidden away. Plus it has got a respectable amount of HP, not too much, but just enough.....would I put down hard earned coin to own one? Yes, in a heartbeat. So finally for the first time this month.....Awesome.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

So cool, it's zero degrees Kelvin. So many awesome details. I love the seat that adjusts vertically and horizontally, the Triumph badge on the seat, the hidden shock, the fork gaiters, the red rubber spark plug boots, the rear brakelight design. Gaaah, just awesome. I've seen a few video reviews on YouTube, and it seems this thing even handles well. Arguably the best looking of what is already a very good looking range of bikes.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

It's so out of the box, that if I saw one, it's very awesome.

Hmmm, what an interesting design. Something that looks like it came straight out of the late 40's/early 50's... pre-café racer, more "stripped down WWII" style. I don't know where Triumph came up with the idea, other than, MAYBE, the Yamaha Bolt design mixed with the BMW RnineT tail idea. But it is so unique that I'm curious if it will catch on big, or it's a flash in the pan ahead of it's time idea.

There have been other bikes that were so unique they just never did that well... Honda Rune? BMW 1200C Muktuck, even the Buell line.

Interesting, interesting indeed.

And it isn't too expensive to be out of the reach of the common rider either...

Would I trade my Guzzi for one? Well, the Bonneville Bobber has the very cool looks, but I haven't seen it yet in person and the Triumph engines really don't sound that deep or awesome, so probably not, unless Guzzi builds one...lol.

Guess the question is what colour would you get?

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber - Coolness Factor = 80.0%
Featured: February 17th, 2017 - February 24th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54216
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Bobber.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber is:

Awesome (3 points) 15
Cool (2 points) 6
Uncool (1 point) 3
Fail (0 point) 1

Total votes: 25

= a Coolwall Factor of 80.0%

Notes: I'm a little surprised the new 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber didn't rocket up to the top of our Cool Wall charts, but then again, what I think is Cool may not be what you think is Cool, and that's the Cool thing about the Cool wall, it is just so cool. On that cool note, that's so many cool's, it just plain frozen... (thanks Mr. Freeze "Everybody Chill"... really, you couldn't have said "Everybody Freeze"? lol)

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!