Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra - Coolness Factor = 47.4%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Ultra.htm

2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

How much motorcycle can you fit on three wheels? One look at the Tri Glide® Ultra motorcycle and you'll have your answer...

Make your 2017 Tri Glide® Ultra a one of a kind. There’s more than an added wheel at work here.

The Tri Glide® Ultra is everything you love about the Ultra Limited, only on three wheels. You get every feature and improvement starting with the power of the all-new Twin-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 engine. Other touring features include a 4-speaker, premium BOOM!™ Box 6.5 GT infotainment system with GPS and color touchscreen, electronic cruise control and 6.8 cubic feet of storage space. Get into the middle of nowhere on this one and you won’t be coming back anytime soon.

The Tri Glide® Ultra model gives two-wheel touring enthusiasts a three-wheel alternative with the performance, excitement, and style that’s pure Harley-Davidson. Built from the frame up to provide maximum comfort and handling on every ride, it’s equipped with a win-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 engine. It also includes electric reverse to put complete control at the rider’s fingertips.

Trike

The Harley-Davidson® Trike platform brings original-equipment design, quality and service to the three-wheel motorcycle segment. Trike model utilizes a frame and associated chassis structure and geometry engineered specifically to handle the loads generated by the steering forces and weight of a three-wheel vehicle.

2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

NEW IN 2017

Twin-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 engine, the most powerful, coolest-running motor we’ve ever built

Rear exhaust pipe and catalytic converters repositioned away from the passenger for less heat and a more comfortable ride

Precision water-cooling for cooler running and consistent performance

Improved fuel economy to give you more out of every tank of gas

Paint color options including Custom color

2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $34339 to $36,089 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $41799 to $43799 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £29395 to £30435 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)

PRICING 6
Vivid Black $34,339
Color Option $35,189
Two-Tone Option $35,689
Custom Color Option $36,089
Security Option Standard
Premium Radio Option Standard
California Emissions $200
Freight $856
DIMENSIONS
Length 105.1 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 27.1 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 28.3 in.
Ground Clearance 4.5 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 26
Trail 3.94 in.
Wheelbase 65.7 in.
Tires, Front Specification MT90B16 72H
Tires, Rear Specification P205/65R15
Fuel Capacity 6 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 5 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 1,195 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 1,230 lb.
Luggage Capacity -Volume 6.8 cu ft
INFOTAINMENT
Size 6.5 inch
Type Color
Watts Per Channel 25.0
Speakers 4.0
Speaker Size 5.25 inch/6.5 inch - P&A Upgrade
Headset Specifications (if equipped) 16-64 ohms
AM Standard
FM Standard
Weather Band (WB) Standard
SD Card, Flash Drive and MP3 - via USB Connection Supported
Languages English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
Hands-free Mobile Phone - via Bluetooth Standard
Voice Recognition Languages: Phone functions only English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
Rider/Passenger Intercom Standard
"Vehicle Information Screen (Air temperature, oil pressure and engine temperature)" Standard
Text-to-Speech (TTS) Languages English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
USB USB/MTP/iPod/iPhone
Bluetooth Phone/Media Supported
SiriusXM Presets 20 - P&A Upgrade (USA & Canada only)
Voice Recognition Languages: Tuner/Media/Navigation English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
ENGINE
Engine 1 Twin-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight™ 107
Bore 3.937 in.
Stroke 4.374 in.
Displacement 107 cu in
Compression Ratio 10:01
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
DRIVETRAIN
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 10.534
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 7.302
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 5.423
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.392
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.741
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 3.157
CHASSIS
Exhaust Chrome, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
Wheels, Rear Type Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
Brakes, Caliper Type 6 piston fixed front with 4-31.75 mm front pistons and 2-25.4 mm linked rear pistons, 31.75mm single piston floating rear
Parking Brake Foot actuated dual parking brake
PERFORMANCE
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 113.6 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 42 mpg
ELECTRIC
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High Beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional lights, battery, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system (optional), gear indication, low fuel warning, reverse, park brake, miles to empty display, fog/aux lamp indicator
Gauges Large speedometer and tachometer with wide numbers; large fuel and volt gauges with wide numbers; display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty, and gear indicator; and larger telltale indicators, including new reverse indicator light
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner's manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Ultra.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2017 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This week's Cool Wall bike is brought to you by our forum member markdcoco!

Thanks markdcoco for suggesting a 3-wheeler for this week!

Don't forget, if it is in our 47 years of motorcycle model guides, you can suggest it for the Cool Wall. :revv:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#3 Unread post by montanalifter »

The price makes me cringe.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#4 Unread post by markdcoco »

While I may have made the suggestion... I have to admit that trikes are not necessarily my thing. HOWEVER..... I find the "Ultra" series of bikes motorcycles that could actually make me want a v-twin. Their form, fit, function, and finish have come a long way. I have to agree that the price ($35k) seems out of line, but would suggest that in this one instance you may just get what you pay for (building a trike on your own would cost as much, or more). I previously suggested the "Road Glide Ultra" which was well received, hopefully this is well received also. If you would like to see more pictures of this bike you can go to:

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/? ... ra%7Ctyped

I've talked with a number trike riders (both men and women) and they have expressed their reason for riding a trike, so I understand they do have a purpose. Price aside... consider the machine.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#5 Unread post by Gummiente »

Disparaging remarks by ceemes in 3...2...1...

I have to say I've always been a sidecar fan and don't really understand why people choose trikes over them. Trikes are way more expensive, don't have anywhere near as much cargo capacity and can only sit two people. There are other points, but these are the main ones.

That all changed two days ago when I uncrated and PDI'd a new Tri-Glide Ultra Classic. Spending some time up close with one has altered my thinking a bit and I can see the appeal now. They're still not my cup of tea, but that is now mainly just because of the high purchase price. There is a LOT of technology packed into the new bikes and the new M8 motor is unbelievably quiet, plus the paint and build quality are improved dramatically from the Evo and Twin Cam eras.

A solid "cool" vote for me.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#6 Unread post by markdcoco »

That's a start..... "They're still not my cup of tea..." and I wholeheartedly agree, but find myself (as Mike did) open minded enough to consider the technologies and the capabilities and the riders who may appreciate (and be able to afford) these rides. Heck... we've voted on Aprilla two wheelers that cost more than this. Well done.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

Trikes.....bleah........I'd go sidecar before trike......fail.......and not coz it's a HD, but coz its a trike and I generally loathe them......
Always ask why.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#8 Unread post by Hanson »

Hideous and engineered by morons as it is significantly less stable than having the two wheals in the front.

Fail ... epic fail.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#9 Unread post by faded sun »

In Canada ( or Ontario at least with 13% taxes) you are topping out over $50,000 to ride this off the lot. So I know that only people who really love it will be buying one. And Hanson is right, the idea of cornering on one at speed is downright terrifying. Pretty much a main street cruise or an Interstate queen. I'm sure it's comfy enough to sit on, but a horror in the twisties. Since that's what I like to do, it's not for me. And when I can't hold a bike up I'll be on a Spyder so it won't kill me in a corner.

There are worse things to waste your money on, I guess.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#10 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

IMHO, there's just something so uncool about this trike. There's a somewhat sad air of "I wish I could ride a two wheeler, but I can't". Strangely enough, I don't feel that way about hacks. Gummiente has already noted how they're superior to trikes (and to regular motorcycles, in some ways). Frankly, even Can-Ams are cooler than this trike; at least they're purpose-built and really a different category of vehicle, and not trying to mimic the look of a motorcycle.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."