Ladies - Evil looks from nonriding women, why?

debbrango
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Ladies - Evil looks from nonriding women, why?

#1 Unread post by debbrango »

When I go to events & stuff, I get the most evil hateful looks from women that don't ride. They'll be on the back of their man's bike just hating me.
They don't even know me, they just hate me for the way I look. I'm in no way stuck on myself, but I do take care of myself, & for my age(forty something) I don't look half bad. But I bust my butt in the gym, they don't know that I was made fun of in high school for being the "Poor Fat Girl" & had to drop out because this pack of girls made every day hell.
Women that do ride come over & we talk with no problem.
Last week I did a ride with my husband at a local store, on the ride there was a huge hill, bumper to bumper bikes. I stalled going up the hill & was havin a bit of a problem, a couple guys were behind me with their wives on the backs of their bikes. the men were saying like "you're ok, don't panic" & stuff like that. i glanced over my shoulder to thank the guys & oh my god, the looks from their women was pure hate.
WHY ARE WOMEN SO JEALOUS & HATEFUL?? When I see an attractive women I comment to my husband "she's pretty", or something to that effect, because I know what I went thru as a kid & maybe she did to & if we say hi & talk maybe we'll find out if we have anything in common.
but noooooooooo, they would just rather hate me.

Mer
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by Mer »

They're probably just jealous that your riding your own bike! I've heard many guys say that there is nothing sexier than a women riding a bike. (and they didn't mean ON THE BACK of a bike) Good luck!
Marianne

2005 Honda VTX 1300

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#3 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Hiya Deb, I am a pillion, but there is no way on this earth I could possibly hate my fellow biker...Man or Woman. I say good on any female riding her own 2 wheels, and if I had the money, I would be one of you, but I'll have to make do with pillion. And for those Bimbo's that turn there nose up.................Shame on you! Ignore em Deb...they're not worth it Lol! I think its great that you ride your own wheels.............enjoy and have fun! :laughing:
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

I get the same looks from time to time, and I gotta tell you it isn't because I am a raving beauty. I am 5'8" tall and 280 lbs....They don't hate you cuz your beautiful,(although I am sure you are) they are just pure jealous cuz your riding your own ride! When you took on the challenge to be the driver of your own bike, you joined an elite group of people, the "guys". All those women's husbands and boyfriends are treating you like one of the boys and it drives other women nuts! Me personally, I love to drive 'em nuts!!! After I bought my Yamaha Silverado, my dealer, a good friend, shook my hand and told me he didn't think there was anything cooler in the world than a chick riding her own ride, and he welcomed me to the club. Let them be haters if they wanna be....life's too short for you, just ride and have fun!!

SilveradoGirl
SilveradoGirl--

**Your ride doesn't matter.... the fact that you DO ride is what's important!**

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by 9000white »

one thing to remember when you encounter these people filled with jealousy and hate--you are a Giraffe among Swine.
dr bob

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum

#6 Unread post by Ladymx »

Mer wrote:They're probably just jealous that your riding your own bike! I've heard many guys say that there is nothing sexier than a women riding a bike. (and they didn't mean ON THE BACK of a bike) Good luck!
I have to agree with this in part, as I do find that some women are not jealous, but perfer to be on the back. I also know some men that wont let there women ride there own bikes..What are we in the stone age.
Now with the little travel I have done on my own, being a lady rider. I get mixed reviews all the time and some people dont know what to think. In the end it really doesnt matter, as long as your enjoying your self. There is not a whole lot you can do about what others think, when they dont even want to talk to you in the first place, only pass judgement with a look. :wink:

Loonette
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#7 Unread post by Loonette »

I've not noticed anything that seemed as overt as what you've experienced, but I know that it can happen. It's one reason I tend to stay away from rallies and such - usually (and yes, I'm generalizing) there's too much liquor and too much attitude all in one place. I prefer to ride my bike to something like a small blues festival. I'm bound to find other riders there, but also they are there for another common interest - this is a much more positive time for me.

Try to let it roll off when it happens - there's nothing worse than letting the attitudes of others spoil your ride or your day. Let it remain their problem, and you'll be all the better.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran

#8 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

I think it does have something to do with women making room for themselves in a male dominated environment. I don't know about guys thinking women look good on bikes, (have not experienced that myself) :laughing: but I do know that there are a lot of ladies that wish that they could ride on their own bike but due to finiancial or even plain old fear they don't think it will ever happen for them. Unfortunatly, these few women (and I do believe that they are a small group) have let jealousy over either insecurity in their own men, the ability or means to ride their own bike, or they are just not the type to challange a male dominated group as an equal. It is said that you have experienced this kind of predjuice especially in a group that has so much in common, but be careful also that you don't misread the look you get as well. Coming from a rough childhood myself, I have found that people like us have to watch a tendacy to intrepret everything as personal to us, and you never know, the woman who looked at you might have just been remembering an arguement she recently had. Wow, I think that was more than my two cents... sorry :)

Becca
The only time when evil can triamph, is when good men do nothing!

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by chickenhawk »

Women can be catty. I doubt they're jealous of the fact that you ride- it's more likely the fact that you may have a better :censored: and that it's too close to their guy.

Mer
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by Mer »

Maybe it's not really that they are jealous that you ride your own, but jealous of the reactions you get from men BECAUSE you ride your own. :scooter:
Marianne

2005 Honda VTX 1300