2009 Suzuki TU250X or 2009 Honda Rebel?

ERC6
Rookie
Rookie

2009 Suzuki TU250X or 2009 Honda Rebel?

#1 Unread post by ERC6 »

I'm a female, 5'6" and 134 pounds and trying to finalize my decision on either the TU250X or the Honda Rebel. I had the Rebel in my Apex MSF class and it was great. I've looked at and sat on a lot of bikes since (including the Yamaha Vstar 250) and have narrowed my choices to the TU250X or the Rebel. I like the Rebel because of the 26.6" seat height, however, the new Suzuki is what the sales people (and my husband) are persuading me to choose (partially because of the cool Retro look, the fuel injection, and MPG).

THoughts? I'm going to sleep on it tonight, but I really want to buy tomorrow! Thanks!

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Tough decision....
Can you flat foot the Suzuki? It is 4 inches taller than the Rebel.

I have to admit the Suzuki looks nice, but the Rebel has 2 cylinders.... Probably smoother than the single cylinder Suzuki.

Ultimately you have to get the one that fits you best.

:welcome: to TMW.

ERC6
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by ERC6 »

Hi there. Thanks for responding. Yes, I can flatfoot with no problem. In fact, the dealer says I fit the Suzuki better.. My legs are a little long on the Rebel and my knees are a bit higher than the length of my leg. He said that might numb my tailbone after a couple of hours of riding. Hmm.

But, I like the seat height because it makes me feel more comfortable and a bit safer, although I've been riding my husband's dirt bike with a 32" seat height and I'm doing OK with it. Apparently the Suzuki is more nimble and would take turns easier?

I had the Rebel in MFS class and thought it was great. But, because of the new technology, the MPG, etc. the dealer is directing me towards the Suzuki.

Because there aren't a lot of reviews out there since the TU250 is such a new bike, I'm looking for opinions on the ride, the feel, and if it's as good as the Rebel. Thanks!

dean owens
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: '06 Yamaha Fz6

#4 Unread post by dean owens »

wow, only you can make that call. there is something to be said for liking your ride. and you'll ride and learn better if it's a bike that fits you comfortably, and that you can flat foot. having said that, i looked up that suzuki. that's a nice bike. but i tend to like those old school standards. and their claimed gas milage. holy mackerel!

anyway, just go back and set on them. they both seem like great bikes. if i were you i'd have to go for the one that was most comfortable to sit on and reach everything. and if they were tied up i think i'd go for the suzuki. but that's purely on looks and gas milage.
Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6 (Faster Blue)

Previous: 1983 Honda GL650 Interstate (given back to previous owner)

Project: 1980 CX500 Custom - making a cafe racer

ERC6
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by ERC6 »

Well, I went ahead and bought the Suzuki TU250X and the first word I thought of as I was riding it was "Sweet"! It's great, it fits me perfect, and I'm very happy. It's definitely turning heads as well, just by the cars driving by when I'm getting it ready to ride. Woo hoo!

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#6 Unread post by MZ33 »

:happybikeday: and welcome to TMW!!
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]