My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#11 Unread post by High_Side »

....but they already have both.....

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by Mintbread »

kabob983 wrote:There isn't anyone else but Nicky? How about his rookie teammate who is currently 3rd in the points standing? With a fresh star like Pedrosa, why does Honda have to fully rely on Nicky?

I'd love to see Hayden stick with Repsol Honda but (from the rumors I've heard) things are not going well. I've heard that Honda plans on giving him the axe in favor of a young fresh Pedro...
Pedrosa is not experienced enough to carry the team. You can bet your bottom dollar that the majority of Pedrosas bike set-up is based on that of Nickys. Yes he can ride, but a race team needs a rider with experience if it is going to progress and now even moreso with the new 800cc machines, they will need all the help they can get.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#13 Unread post by kabob983 »

True, but why keep one you don't like and who isn't particularly fond of you? Why not take part of the money you were spending on a "big name" that you don't get along with and instead put part of it towards Pedrosa (who, by the way, is going to have a bigger advantage next year with his light weight on these less powerful 800cc bikes) and his bike?

Like I said, it's just "the rumor," but it usually it takes a little bit of truth to start a rumor...

Anyhoo, I do hope Nicky takes the championship and sticks with Repsol Honda.
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#14 Unread post by kabob983 »

Mintbread wrote:Pedrosa is not experienced enough to carry the team. You can bet your bottom dollar that the majority of Pedrosas bike set-up is based on that of Nickys. Yes he can ride, but a race team needs a rider with experience if it is going to progress and now even moreso with the new 800cc machines, they will need all the help they can get.
Hrm...excellent point.

I will say this though, he's not completely inexperienced (he did win a 250cc championship or two) but he doesn't have much experience hanging with the big boys.

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by XJRJohn »

According to what ive just read(mcn this week)Nicky Hayden was wanted by yamaha to pair up with Rossi but hes agreed terms with honda and will sign a two year extention to his contract next week.Yamaha wanted Hayden but now they cant have him it may save Edwards job.xjrjohn
biking isnt a matter of life or death,its far more important(bill shankley,well almost)

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#16 Unread post by kabob983 »

Heh, yeah, I've been hearing for a while that Edwards might get the axe. Not sure why, he's a heck of alot better than many of the riders out there! Sure he doesn't podium often, but he has his moments (except for when you're leading on the last lap of a race and you go into the sand and get thrown).

Glad to hear that Nicky will be staying! Gosh...Rossi-Hayden team, that'd be a bit rough.

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite

#17 Unread post by XJRJohn »

i hope edwards does keep his place,hes one rider i really like,not only his riding style,but his whole attitude.fantastic bloke.xjrjohn
biking isnt a matter of life or death,its far more important(bill shankley,well almost)

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#18 Unread post by kabob983 »

He's a bit carefree (which I like) when compared to riders like John Hopkins and Rossi. Hopkins...poor guy. He trains, he rides, he trains, eats right...and comes up short. Edwards takes it easy and does pretty well.

Anyone watch that "The Doctor, the Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid" movie? You'd see what I'm talking about...

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!