rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

Re: 2011 WSBK R1 Phillip Island - Feb25-27

#11 Unread post by rayian »

"In a few years, when I'm older, I could even race in Superbikes with Ducati," Rossi said at a Ducati promotional event in Bologna.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07032011/ ... witch.html

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: 2011 WSBK R1 Phillip Island - Feb25-27

#12 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

uh huh. Yes he "could" race Superbikes. and i could be an alien.

2 or 3 years ago it was F1, then a year ago it was WRC. oooh aaaah -- ROSSI!!!

no harm done. feed the marketing machine to help earn those multi-million dollar pay cheques. so, it's more likely another relatively harmless, well placed marketing ploy, and nothing of importance. Rossi spins 'em better than most because his fans and the press love it.

His right-hand-man Uccio did say today that Rossi's interest in SBK is more serious than his F1 interests were... and since it is looking less likely at the moment that Rossi will break a couple of Agostini's records that he had previously said he wanted to, maybe a SBK Championship and another barrel of money:D is his way to have a new record before he retires. His GP prospects this year are not looking so good, that's for sure.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: 2011 WSBK Championship - R2 Donington UK

#13 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

R2 Donington UK -- Great racing for the SBKs... Biaggi acting like a 6-year-old in practice, qualifying, and then in race 2 it all unravelled...

Melandri was devastating in race 1, and many UK riders looked great, especially Haslam.

Sykes was in it for a long time, until this crash with 6 laps left:

and the funny thing with Maxime Berger having the wheel disintegrate.. yikes!
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)