Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 09 HD Electra Glide Classic

About to buy a DRZ650Se...

#1 Unread post by Locopez »

What info good or bad...can people tell me? Manitence stories..etc. Also I have never had a bike before with a chain. So what is the best lubricant to use? a Wax...or oil? How often....

thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Locopez :P
07 Suzuki DR650SE & 03 HD FLHT Elctra Glide

Rubber side down....shinny side up!

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#2 Unread post by BuzZz »

Congrates.

The big DR is a good, solid bike. It's easily maintained, just keep fresh oil and a clean air filter in it. New? Used?

If it's used and seen alot of dirt in it's past life, check the brake pads, wheel bearings, etc. for excessive wear. Same goes for the chain/sprockets.

If it's new, the chain/sprockets are pretty low quality, and the best maintenance is only going to go so far. Keep it adjusted and well lubed. Use chainlube or chain wax, whatever you like better. Just use it. Wax tends to attract less dirt when the bike is used on pavement, and keeping the chain clean is important too. If you ride it in the dirt alot, the chain will get dirty and you will need to clean it more often. And lube it more..... just basic common sense will tell you what to do. It's just a chain, not rokit surgery. :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by MotoF150 »

The Suzuki DR650SE is a rock solid bike Suzuki has been making for a long time. The chain and sprockets will last a long time if the majority of ur riding in street riding. The DR650 is more suited for street than dirt, its a 80% street bike and 20% off road, dirt bike. If ur looking for a bike thats better for more off road, dirt riding the better choice would be either the Honda 650L or the Suzuki DRZ400S, but if you want a faster, quicker, dual sport bike for street riding the Kawasaki KLR650 is better. The only bad thing about the Suzuki DR650SE are the stock tires, the Bridgestone Trail Wing are death tires on a wet road and offer no bite in dirt riding. You can get street legal knobby tires, Dunlop and Pirelli make them, these street legal knobbies are better for both street and dirt riding, plus they make the bike look like a serious dirt bike.
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by Locopez »

well almost a month later....I will have 1000 miles on it tomorrow! Getting a little dirt riding in.....check this out...last Sunday with a group of 20 people!!!!

Boy that was fun!!!! Different but fun!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by MotoF150 »

if that engine would suck water thru the intake it will blow ur engine, i mean is ANY engine would suck water thru the intake,"BOOM" there goes ur engine! Get rid of those Death Wing Tires! those tires are dangerous!
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

invader
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by invader »

Check your exhaust clamp bolt. It may be too long and rubbing on your rear suspension coil spring under compression. You may see a wear mark on the spring. It caused an annoying squeak in buddy's 2005. I finally found it and made him cut the bolt shorter.

Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by Locopez »

Got a new camera a few months back finally got a memory chip for it...and it opened up this new feature...."Panoramic"....so here is a small sample of what it can do....So I went for a 100 mile ride on Sunday...