EVS Web knee Brace

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

EVS Web knee Brace

#1 Unread post by Ladymx »

Does anyone know much about these braces or is anyone using them? Like to know if they are worth the $$ as an alternative to a CTI2. Any help would be great.

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#2 Unread post by BuzZz »

Never wore kneebraces, but I have friends who do. From them and from what I have read, the EVS is a very good alternative to the CTi's. Fit is critical, both for the brace to work properly and so that is comfortable enough to actually wear.... try them on make sure you can stand wearing the one you pick.

A good brace will limit knee extension and so it makes it a bit awkward to walk in them any great distance, plus you'll have to put up with all the jokes about your funky walk.... :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Ladymx

#3 Unread post by Ladymx »

Thanks Buzz, Ill but up with the coments as long as I can walk without falling over.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

I think you're on the right track. EVS are good alternatives to custom braces. There are a couple others to consider depending upon if you want to limit mainly lateral movement, extension, etc.. Like most gear, fit is very important. Put them on and wear them under all your gear. Most experienced MX'rs are wearing braces especially as they age, etc..

Try these links for starters, then look for more known/reliable sources:

http://dirtrider.net/drn_tested/kneebra ... races.html
http://www.evs-sports.com/faq.asp
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcdirt/evsmx.html

Try talking with the following people: Todd @ Bow, Craig @ Walts, Lucas @ Blackfoot... those guys can help you out better than I... if memory serves me correct, Walt's may actually have a pair in Small size but it's been awhile since i was there...

If you have problems with your knees, there are additional things to look into... but that's another story...

good luck

//monkey
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#5 Unread post by BuzZz »

Chels wrote:Thanks Buzz, Ill but up with the coments as long as I can walk without falling over.
I've seen you walk, nobody will notice in all likelyhood. :peep:

:wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Ladymx

#6 Unread post by Ladymx »

Thanks Buzzz

Tried the EVS, but they dont seem to fit right so off to try some of inovation Sports braces. Its funny everyone real pushes the custom made braces and nothing off the shelf? Ill just have to keep looking until I find the right one.