New 2007 Harley-Davidson XL 1200N Nightster Motorcycle

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here

Do you like the Harley-Davidson XL1200N Nightster?

Yes, sure do
69%
Neutral, looks like any old sportster
20%
Needs improvement, redesign the whole thing
11%

Total votes: 35

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

January 29, 2007 - Harley-Davidson - Total Motorcycle - www.totalmotorcycle.com

2007 Motorcycle Models: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/2007models.htm

XL 1200N Nightster Model Overview

Harley-Davidson Sportster motorcycles get a burst of adrenalin with the launch of the new XL 1200N Nightster. With a wicked combination of exceptional performance, unique design and a low chassis, the Nightster has a gritty, urban feel offering a sharp ride for the street. Blending a low seat height and mid-mount controls with the powerful torque of the rubber-mounted Evolution V-Twin engine, the XL 1200N Nightster adds another exciting option to the Sportster family.

The distinctive look and feel of the XL 1200N Nightster centers on a low seat height of 25.3 inches that makes it comparable to the XL Sportster 883 Low, an inch lower than the XL Sportster 1200 Low and among the lowest riding of all Harley-Davidson models. Taking the latest Sportster design for a ride into the past, the Nightster features a side-mounted license plate holder and front fork gaiters. The Nightster is offered in Vivid Black, as well as four two-tone paint schemes and a unique Harley-Davidson fuel tank graphic. The fuel cap, headlamp trim ring and oil dipstick cover are coated in a new Silver Satin finish.

Read and See more desktop 1200x1600 media photos at Total Motorcycle.com, http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... vidson.htm
Last edited by totalmotorcycle on Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

That's classic. I like it. Reminds of a the classic Triumph Bonneville done in H-D style.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#3 Unread post by CNF2002 »

I like it!
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#4 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I voted neutral. I'm not a fan of the Sportster Shape. I think it's sharp looking but, just not my "thing".

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by JCS »

Sorry. doesn't do a thing for me. The seating position does not look very comfy with the seat that low and the pegs that high either.

Now, show me that prototype Sportster that Harley has been showing in Europe and we will talk. Pegs in the right place, better suspension, better brakes. I like the styling a lot better, too.

That being said, Harley will probably sell a lot of the XL 1200N's.
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#6 Unread post by Wrider »

Eh, looks alright, I also am not the biggest fan of the Sportster, but if anything, they need to make the whole thing black, all black, like the NightRod!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#7 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I likes it...but could be a totally different opinion if I sit on it....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by jonnythan »

That bike is *hot*.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

celt
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by celt »

when i first saw it i was pissed:

i bought a 2007 1200R back in november but this looked more like what i wanted.

but after i realized that it's missing the tach, dual front disc brake, seat height and ground clearance of the R but costs $1000 more?!?!

i'm happy i got the R. it's a more capable bike for $1000 less.

of course, this nightster LOOKS cooler, though...

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

celt wrote:when i first saw it i was pissed:

i bought a 2007 1200R back in november but this looked more like what i wanted.

but after i realized that it's missing the tach, dual front disc brake, seat height and ground clearance of the R but costs $1000 more?!?!

i'm happy i got the R. it's a more capable bike for $1000 less.

of course, this nightster LOOKS cooler, though...
Nothing wrong with the R, I love the R's looks too and would own one myself if I could fit on a sportster (hint H-D, can you made one for those of us with long legs?). :D