1200 Suzuki Bandit STALLING when i stop for a stopsign/light

tuckst85
Rookie
Rookie

1200 Suzuki Bandit STALLING when i stop for a stopsign/light

#1 Unread post by tuckst85 »

This is the only bike I have ever had and I do not know much more than tires, batteries, and oil. I could really use some help please. I have a 1999 Suzuki Bandit with 10k miles. I have owned it for 5 years and have put most the miles on it. Unfortunanely it sat for a year. It did not run correctly after i started riding it again. I had the oil changed, the bike tuned, rejetted, plus spark plugs changed by a shop. I am still having a problem though. When I am coming to a stop at a stop sign or red light my bike will do a lil sputter and then stall out. Or i can be riding real slow and hit a big speed bump and it will stall also. It's very emberrasing. Any ideas? I can provide more info too if any ideas are possible. Thank you![/b]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Well first of all I would definitely check your clutch adjustment. Too loose and it could be causing the clutch to drag and kill the engine at low speeds.

Secondly I would clean out the carbs. You said you had them rejetted, but they didn't necessarily clean them out. Plus when they rejetted chances are they rejetted the main jets, which only affect power from 1/4 to full throttle. So maybe you could also get new pilot jets?
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

jimharvey1
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by jimharvey1 »

Go to Walmart or any auto parts store and get a can of Seafoam. Put 1 oz of seafoam to a gallon of gas in your tank. This stuff is AMAZING. It makes a set of carbs that are all gunked up from sitting work like new. You will be impressed.