MotoFizz Camping Seat Bag

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by keysman »

It's not waterproof but it comes with a rain cover.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

keysman

#12 Unread post by keysman »

Thanks for the compliment Rob. I corrected the URL in the first post as well. I am still using this bag today and it works great for me. I don't use it as much because now I'm riding the FJR and the two hardbags hold the gear that I need most of the time.

mutineer
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#13 Unread post by mutineer »

I have the same bag and have used it on everything from a dirtbike to a '04 Triumph Bonneville

the look of the bag is all wrong for a Bonneville (if you care about such things, which I am afraid I do) but the function is so good you overlook it

keysman

#14 Unread post by keysman »

mutineer wrote:I have the same bag and have used it on everything from a dirtbike to a '04 Triumph Bonneville

the look of the bag is all wrong for a Bonneville (if you care about such things, which I am afraid I do) but the function is so good you overlook it
+1 on that. It actually looks a little better on my FJR than it did on the back of my BWM you see in these pictures.

There are now three sizes of this bag available from Aerostich so now you have even more choices.

whatcape
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Motofizz bag - mystery piece

#15 Unread post by whatcape »

Hey, I know this is years old, but I just got a new bag. Your post was invaluable in solving the "plus sign" attachment piece. Makes total sense! Thanks.

cyclebiker
Rookie
Rookie

Any problems!

#16 Unread post by cyclebiker »

I've been looking for a good bag like this. Does the added weight on the tail change the handling of the bike at all.
Brian

keysman

#17 Unread post by keysman »

I'm glad to hear people are still getting some use out of this review. The added weight might impact the ride a bit but regardless it weighs less than a pillion. Since it's a seat bag it might be less impact than one of those hard cases from Givi for example because those things attach beyond the rear seat. This puts the extra weight next to your back and closer to the center of the bike.

I don't ride aggressive enough to really notice a difference. It's never been a problem for me. Plus my FJR weighs so much I don't think I would really even notice the difference.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#18 Unread post by jstark47 »

They've added a third size, "small" since you wrote that review in '06. My wife has the large size, it's humongous. I can't really believe anyone needs to pack that much (especially on a bike that also has three hard cases) but she claims it's all necessary. She also claims it doesn't upset the handling of the bike. She does put her heaviest stuff in the sidecases which ride down low.

The bag is very well designed and made. The rain cover actually keeps out rain.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

traviss
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150R

Re: MotoFizz Camping Seat Bag

#19 Unread post by traviss »

I like that camping seat bag. I think it's large enough to pack all gear stuff. Looks like it's very convenient to use.

keysman

Re: MotoFizz Camping Seat Bag

#20 Unread post by keysman »

I'm still using mine and I'm still happy with it. It's held up pretty well. The only thing that's failed to stand the test of time are the elastic bungee laced cords. The wind has taken it's toll on them and they are not very elastic any more. Everything else is in great shape. That bag has rode a lot of miles on my back seat.