2011 Ducati Diavel - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

YOUR COOLNESS FACTOR OF THE 2011 Ducati Diavel IS...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2011 Ducati Diavel - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Ducati Diavel

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... Diavel.htm

2011 Ducati Diavel

“ The Diavel is a true Ducati, born from a passion for motorcycling and designed to deliver authentic Ducati performance in every respect. ”

Hard to be seen, easy to be noticed.Even when disappearing in a split second, everyone will always be captivated. This is the magic of Diavel.

The design sets new standards in beauty, innovation and sophistication, while outstanding agility and handling are encased within a muscular body which moves with 162 hp. Its astonishing power can be managed in three different Riding Modes and with the assurance of the Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + Ducati Traction Control). Ducati has created something truly magic.

It will be called "DIAVEL" and will arrive at the new Ducati EICMA dream

Preceded by rumors, photos stolen and a lot of waiting, we received word is final. EICMA, the International Motorcycle Exhibition in Milano at Rho-November 2 to 7, will mark the first official appearance in public for the new Ducati.

Livery and specifications are defined and Ducati is ready to make his dream a reality. While waiting for the official presentation of Ducati also comes the anticipation of the name of this great news that, inspired by an expression in the dialect of Bologna, will be called "DIAVEL", or "devil."

A name that has its own particular history that stems from an incident that occurred during the development of the bike.

In fact, once set up the first prototype, with all the technical staff around the new creature "made in Borgo Panigale," a sentence in the dialect of Bologna said the original lines of the bike and winning, "ignurant comm 'to diavel!" Which, bringing the statement in Italian, it would sound "is as bad as the devil."

From that moment, "DIAVEL" became the name of "inside" the bike, to replace the internal code of the project. The decision to keep it for the production was, as you can imagine, a logical consequence.

Genesis similar to this, even if we are talking about almost 20 years ago, characterized another icon Ducati, the Monster, whose name was inspired by the now famous statement, also in the dialect of Bologna, "is just the 'n monster! "or" is just a monster. "

As for Monster, the name DIAVEL then becomes the expression of that unique, passionate, further characterized by high technology and a unique design distinguishes every Ducati motorcycle produced.

At the same time it is also easy to see what this new bike and, while bound to tradition Ducati, destined to mark an important new chapter in respect of the aesthetic and performance.

The new Ducati DIAVEL be extremely accurate in every detail, carved in every muscle, comfortable and innovative. As in any real Ducati, the performance will play a very important role. Torque, power and dynamic behavior will be a new benchmark, thanks to the Testastretta engine 11 ° - the same as the Multistrada 1200 - and weighs only 207 kg dry, which promises superbike acceleration and speed and agility to change direction .

A relaxed riding position, the suspension comfort and safety are guaranteed by the ABS, traction control and standard riding mode, will satisfy even those riders who love to drive in peace, enjoying the street, landscape and all the characteristics of This new dream Ducati.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... Diavel.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2011 Ducati Diavel - VOTED: In Progress

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, this was a hard choice for me to pick between Awesome and Cool. It's such an amazing looking motorcycle, but for me, it just misses awesome because it's weird sitting position and how fat of a bike it is. For me, there is no mistaking it is a cool looking motorcycle as it's very unique.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

I vote cool, because this is not what one would normally expect from Ducati. When a manufacturer starts toying around with radical designs and then brings them to life, it's a sign that they are still committed to the industry and are planning for the future. Bikes like these attract a new demographic and help a manufacturer stay afloat and hopefully grow even stronger.

Would I buy a Diavel? No. But I love what Ducati has done here and it makes me want to see one of them up close.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:I vote cool, because this is not what one would normally expect from Ducati. When a manufacturer starts toying around with radical designs and then brings them to life, it's a sign that they are still committed to the industry and are planning for the future.
Great points. Although I do find the Diavel does look a little "Monster/Streetfighter" like, but not enough to say it in those lines. Like yourself, I do enjoy seeing different radical designs come to life, even if they do not do that well in the market (ie. Honda DN-01).

Like yourself, would I buy a Diavel? No. But what an interesting bike idea.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

epic fail
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:epic fail
Awesome! Now we have a debate!

HYPERR, why do you think it's a FAIL?

:starwars:
(Queue the star wars music)

Mike

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#7 Unread post by HYPERR »

Diavel is an answer to a question nobody asked.

It is also mfugly beyond belief.

Duc engines is about the worst choice for a cruiser engine. Despite having good upper low end and phenomenal mid end thrust, Duc engines hate to be in low rpms. They literally feel like it is about to blow up at very low rpms that cruiser riders are used to. In fact, my 15,000 rpm redline CBR600RR feels much much MUCH better at <2500 rpms than the Hyper or the 900SS(944c).

They will sell OK at the very beginning as whoever wants one will rush out to buy one as they will want to be the first one to have it...afterall it is a "look at me!" kind of a bike.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Gummiente

#8 Unread post by Gummiente »

HYPERR wrote:Duc engines is about the worst choice for a cruiser engine..
Fugly, yes. But then again, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. But I do have to question your slotting it into the cruiser category. To me, the bike belongs, and was intended for, the "hooligan bike" genre. I can picture a whole squadron of Diavels out there mixing it up with the likes of the V-Max, Speed Triple, Super Duke, V-Rod and others.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:Diavel is an answer to a question nobody asked.

It is also mfugly beyond belief.

Duc engines is about the worst choice for a cruiser engine.

They will sell OK at the very beginning as whoever wants one will rush out to buy one as they will want to be the first one to have it...afterall it is a "look at me!" kind of a bike.

I would agree that it definately would appeal to a smaller crowd due to its looks... in person, I'm not a big fan either of it's tail design, it's more like a whale tail (wide and flat) than a lithe sport bike. I also don't like the name, Diavel, if they wanted to call it "Devil" then they should... somelike along the lines of the V-Strom where "Strom" is German losely for "Storm" (electrical storm or current), I just don't get it, call it Storm. HaHa.

Like Gummiente said about, I also find it very intersting you are putting this bike into the cruiser catagory. Ducati I'm sure would love to produce a cruiser (BMW tried but that didn't work out). I would figure this more for the "Muscle Bike" market myself, maybe like the Yamaha MT-01, unique in it's own regard as well.

Definately a look at me kind of bike, it's quite expensive too.

Great opinions and discussion! Love it.

Mike

Gummiente

#10 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:... somelike along the lines of the V-Strom where "Strom" is German losely for "Storm" (electrical storm or current), I just don't get it, call it Storm.
Actually, I think they went with "Strom" because the target market was Germany and other parts of Europe where the adventure riding category is big business.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride