2010 Honda VFR1200 - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2010 Honda VFR1200 is...

You may select 1 option

View results

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: 2010 Honda VFR1200 - COOL WALL VOTE: In Progress

#11 Unread post by Gummiente »

I voted cool. Not because I'm into the whole sport-tour or sportbike genre, but because I like the technology Honda has stuffed into this one. The dual clutch and Unicam, specifically. The fly-by-wire throttle is really nothing new, though, as Harley has had it on their FL series for a couple years now. :mrgreen:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:I voted cool. Not because I'm into the whole sport-tour or sportbike genre, but because I like the technology Honda has stuffed into this one. The dual clutch and Unicam, specifically. The fly-by-wire throttle is really nothing new, though, as Harley has had it on their FL series for a couple years now. :mrgreen:
Honda has really increased it's use of advanced technology in their motorcycle models these past few years. I always said "Honda waited to use technology till it was proven", now, it's more like Kawasaki or Suzuki. Hopefully Honda's reliability doesn't suffer in the end.

I have to admit Harley-Davidson has really picked up its game since the introduction of the V-Rod.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2010 Honda VFR1200 - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Another successful Cool Wall debate on the Honda VFR1200!

Put your 2 cents in now on where the next bike (2010 Zero S) will sit on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall for this week!

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=41077

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#14 Unread post by rayian »

Having just finished reading up on the VFR I'd say it sounds like the most fun bike on the Cool Wall so far, up to and including the Harley but that's just me. I'd love to take one for a run through the Rockies. Maybe I should just go out and buy one.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#15 Unread post by High_Side »

You owe it to yourself.....go for it! There is even a local group from vfr Discussion that you could ride with. Now what,s stopping you.....besides the 20gs????

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

rayian wrote:Having just finished reading up on the VFR I'd say it sounds like the most fun bike on the Cool Wall so far, up to and including the Harley but that's just me. I'd love to take one for a run through the Rockies. Maybe I should just go out and buy one.
As of writing this, the VFR has been voted 100% Cool (0 votes for Awesome, uncool and fail). The Harley V-Rod Muscle is much more mixed in the voting (tied with Awesome, Cool and Uncool) but I'm sure no less fun to ride.

Mike

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#17 Unread post by High_Side »

High_Side wrote:I haven't voted yet because I am so torn on this bike. I love VFRs but can't seem to find the love for this bloated version. I'm sure that it is a great bike, but there is something missing, or maybe, too much of everything. This test gives a little insight in to how it works, but like any bike I would have to ride it myself to decide.
Well after all of this time I guess that I really should get around to voting - not that it matters for the poll, but for other reasons...... :mrgreen: