2011 H-D V-Rod Muscle- COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle is...

You may select 1 option

View results

V4max
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2002 Yamaha V Max

Re: 2011 H-D V-Rod Muscle- COOL WALL VOTE: In progress

#11 Unread post by V4max »

Here you go:
The engine has the power to produce around 125 hp at 8250 rpm and up to 85 ft-lbs. of touque at 7000 rpm.
It's quite the V-Twin power plant for it's cc size.[/quote]

I would be surprised to see 125 hp on a Dyno. My V-Max is claimed to have 145 hp but is probably closer to 120. Still good #'s for HD, be interesting to put it up against other "muscle" bikes such as 1st or 2nd generation V max, or the new Ducati Diaval. I have raced (standing start and roll on), a friends older v-rod (not sure what year) on more than one occasion and it has yet to beat me.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#12 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:On the other note "While the V-Rod has (and continues to) sold like hotcakes in Europe" I haven't seen even 1 Harley-Davidson V-Rod yet in over 2 years here in England and haven't seen one in Germany, France, Italy or CZ. I have seen H-D's but not very often, the roads here are way to "small and curvy" for them.
My younger brother lives in Germany, he says there are V-Rods all over the roads there. I've spoken to more than a few Harley dealers over the last few years and when the subject turns to the V-Rod, they all invariably say they wish they had the sales figures for them that Europe does.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:On the other note "While the V-Rod has (and continues to) sold like hotcakes in Europe" I haven't seen even 1 Harley-Davidson V-Rod yet in over 2 years here in England and haven't seen one in Germany, France, Italy or CZ. I have seen H-D's but not very often, the roads here are way to "small and curvy" for them.
My younger brother lives in Germany, he says there are V-Rods all over the roads there. I've spoken to more than a few Harley dealers over the last few years and when the subject turns to the V-Rod, they all invariably say they wish they had the sales figures for them that Europe does.
Wow I didn't realise they were such big sellers over here. Funny enough, the Europeans love American cars like we love European cars. So a Mustang gets almost as much attention as a Ferrari. So if you rode a H-D here, that would be something even more special.

For Germany, we were there twice but both times in the winter. Perhaps that is why we didn't see any there! Doh.

In England we have never seen one, which I do agree is a shame. We have seen a hand few of Harley's over the years here but not very often (I did see a Sportster this week). Mostly japanese and european naked bikes here of all sizes, they just work better on the narrow roads and for lane splitting/filtering. Also there is a road tax for the pollution level of your bike/car, my bike is £70 a year for a 750cc Kawi. I don't know what a H-D would be (I could look it up if you are interested... ok I did look it up, it's anything over 600cc is £70 a year).

Any other Europeans reading this, please chime in.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#14 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Gummiente wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:I would have voted cool if not for the rad.......
Ugly though it is, that rad is actually a marvel of design engineering. I watched a program on the Discovery Channel about the entire V-Rod project and they went into great detail about how the rad was designed to allow maximum flow in a restricted space; those huge scoops on the side actually direct the airflow into a vortex pattern that apparently gives it the cooling capability of a normal rad twice its size. But, yes, it is still ugly. :)
If it were black on black, it would not be so noticeable.

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#15 Unread post by rayian »

If I was interested in muscle I'd be more interested in the Ducati Diavel. Yeah the Harley has lots of power, lots of torque, and lots of weight. 640 pounds dry. That's heavy. The Ducati is less than 500 lbs. That means a lot to me.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#16 Unread post by High_Side »

This is definitely one bike that you cannot judge by the spec sheet, and you really must ride it to understand how great of an overall package that it is. H.p., torque and weight are just a minor guideline to how an overall bike feels.....and this one feels phenomenal. It's a cruiser after all so the weight isn't a huge deal. As for the other V-Twin "power cruisers" such as the M-109, the Muscle will smoke them all. It has the torque of a big twin but will rev like my old VTR1000, but feeling smoother and even more torquey. It will also corner amazingly well for what it is.

I still think that Harley couldn't have done much better, and it's too bad that they didn't develop the range of V-Rods to include a tourer. I hope that they keep them around for a good long while.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote: I still think that Harley couldn't have done much better, and it's too bad that they didn't develop the range of V-Rods to include a tourer. I hope that they keep them around for a good long while.
Great suggestion, I as well would like to see Harley-Davidson so more with the range of V-Rods. My fav was the Street Rod as it was a "standard" riding position and was a pretty much basic V-Rod. But a V-Rod tourer, or even a sport version would be great to see and why not use the engine in a Sportster or XR"1200" model?

There are so many possibilities... I am still hoping H-D will use some of that wonderful Buell R&D too rather than shelving it.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

General Question...

What do you think of the white paint job? I've noticed the past 2 years white has been quite the popular "color" now being offered, before you hardly saw a pure solid white bike.

Mike

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#19 Unread post by High_Side »

I think that it looks much better in BLACK......for some reason...... :righton:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:I think that it looks much better in BLACK......for some reason...... :righton:
Yup, I agree.