2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... lassic.htm

2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

A TRIBUTE TO A LEGEND.

In 1967, the motorcycle market reeled in shock at the appearance of the first Italian maxi motorcycle: Created by the legendary Giulio Cesare Carcano, the Moto Guzzi V7 marked the debut of the transverse V90 twin-cylinder 703 cc engine that set a record at that time. The V7 was enthusiastically acclaimed by the press and public. This success helped the worldwide promotion of Moto Guzzi's image as manufacturers of an exclusive, elegant, comfortable and above all, highly reliable motorcycle.

For many people, owning a V7 was one of the most important things in their lives. It left them with unforgettable memories that reminded them of their younger days, of friends and of journeys made together and made that time perhaps one of the highest points in Moto Guzzi's history. After a further forty years of success and as part of Moto Guzzi's worldwide relaunch project, the flame of creativity shines brightly once more in the new V7 Classic. The V7 has character to spare and is a superb interpretation of the fundamental beauty of the original V7 but this time incorporating all the latest technology that was unavailable to its predecessor.

The new machine is fully up-to-date with its equipment levels, frame engineering and 750cc Euro 3 engine. The V7 Classic brings earlier days to mind with the line of the tank that nestles comfortably on the tubular frame and runs back to meet the saddle. This in turn is perfectly flat and blends in gracefully with the rear mudguard. The side panels house the same stowage compartments that so stylishly set off the side view of the original machine.

Times gone by can also be seen in the gleaming chrome finish on the exhaust system, the shock absorbers, rear light cluster, front headlight and the comfortable handlebars that house the chromed rev counter and speedometer. Just as on its predecessor, the wheels too are spoked and shod with high profile sports tyres while the instrument panel with its retro-style graphics houses two modern displays that provide information on operating and diagnostic parameters. Although the V7 Classic is somewhat smaller than other Moto Guzzis, it is ideally suited for carrying pillion passengers with a comfortable saddle, convenient handholds and well positioned footpegs. The V7 Classic is easy to ride, instinctive and creates a feeling of confidence right from the first time you climb aboard. The manageable size and excellent riding position are perfect for both town use and longer mixed journeys. The sheer pleasure of riding the machine will be enhanced even further by owners having to answer countless questions from curious onlookers about the white machine they are riding as it looks just like its famed predecessor.

2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic - North American Specifications
American MSRP: See dealer for details
Canadian MSRP: See dealer for details

Engine
Type 90° V-Twin, 4 strokes
Cylinders Aluminium alloy with Gilnisil treatment
Pistons forged with 2 inner liner and 1 oil control ring
Cooling system air cooled
Displacement 744 cc
Bore and stroke 80x74 mm
Compression ratio 9,6:1
Timing system 2 overhead valves with light alloy push-rod
Fuel system Weber-Marelli electric injection
Starting system electric
exhaust 3 ways catalyzed with sonda Lambda

Transmission
Gearbox 5 speeds
Lubrification by lobes with pressure pump circuit capacity: 1,78 kg
oil: AGIP RACING 4T 5W/40
Primary drive by helical gears, ratio: 16/21=1 : 1,3125
Secondary drive shaft drive, ratio 8/33=1 : 4,825
Clutch single disc, dry, with cush drive

Chassis
Frame detachable tubular duplex cradle in special high-strengh steel
Front suspension Marzocchi hydraulic telescopic fork, 40 mm
Front wheel travel 130 mm
Rear suspension swinging arm in light cast alloy with two dampers, preload adjustable
Rear wheel travel 118 mm
Braking system Brembo Serie Oro
Front brake single stainless steel floating disc, 320 mm, with 4 piston calipers
Rear brake single steel disc, 260 mm
Wheels: spoke light alloy
Front rim 3"x17"
Rear rim 3.50"x17"

Tires
Front 110/70 17 54 H
Rear 130/80 17 65 H

Dimensions
Dry weight 182 Kg

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... lassic.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: 2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic - COOL WALL VOTE: In progress

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

Just being a Guzzi is almost an automatic "cool" from me. If there was a dealership closer to me, I'd own a Guzzi. (Piaggio needs to get real about its North American dealer support.) I sat on one of these at the New York show last month, it felt comfortable and well-sorted. The only thing keeping it from being an "awesome" is the horsepower - it's down a bit from the Triumph Bonneville, and Hinckley Bonnevilles are by no means roaring with power.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#3 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I have to vote awesome on this one. I totally love the looks (especially in white) and although I agree with jstark that there isn't enough HP, it's not the HP of a bike that sells me. ;)

I seriously think I'll have to own this one when we move back to Canada...
Andrea :sun:

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by HYPERR »

jstark47 wrote:Just being a Guzzi is almost an automatic "cool" from me.
I agree with that. That being said, this is one meh Guzzi. Normally a Guzzi would get an awesome vote from me but this one is borderline cool.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jstark47 wrote:The only thing keeping it from being an "awesome" is the horsepower - it's down a bit from the Triumph Bonneville, and Hinckley Bonnevilles are by no means roaring with power.
I voted Awesome on this one. It just looks so Classic right out of the box. Would I buy one? Ya, it would have a spot in my garage.

I agree with you JS that the horsepower is down, I'm surprised as well since it's a 750cc engine, but torque will be good and most likely down low. Guzzi might have sacrificed horsepower for torque but I've never ridden one thus I can't say. But it's very light for a 750cc... it feels more like a 400cc (I have sat on and moved one) so weight to power is better than many might think. (182kg vs 225kg for the Bonneville.) There might also be some easy ways to coax some HP out of it (think lazy V8 engine). But it's definately a looker bike.

I also think it's awesome because you can't see horsepower or torque and when you pull up to a bike meet, or bike night or going out with friends on bikes. This bike just looks awesome and will attract attention.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#6 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Come on guys, can't I pursuade you to think this bike is awesome? You can still change your vote! It's sooooo classic!!!
Andrea_GuzziV7.jpg
Andrea_GuzziV7.jpg (118.77 KiB) Viewed 14698 times
(The photo's a bit blurry but don't blame me, I didn't take it! ;)
Notice the kid in the background is giving his thumbs up... :mrgreen: )
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

If a kid is giving his thumbs up in the background, it MUST be awesome. :moose:

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#8 Unread post by rayian »

totalmotorcycle wrote:If a kid is giving his thumbs up in the background, it MUST be awesome. :moose:
Maybe he just likes Sunshine. :)

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#9 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

First time I've voted awesome. Now this is one purrrrrty bike. My only nitpick (and it really is a nitpick) is tubes. C'mon, can't another manufacturer (aside from BMW) design a spoked wheel that can fit tubeless tires?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#10 Unread post by HYPERR »

Grey Thumper wrote:C'mon, can't another manufacturer (aside from BMW) design a spoked wheel that can fit tubeless tires?
Honda has them. Hondagirl had a SL230 the had tubeless spoked wheel.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS