2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic - COOL WALL VOTE: In progress

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:First time I've voted awesome. Now this is one purrrrrty bike. My only nitpick (and it really is a nitpick) is tubes. C'mon, can't another manufacturer (aside from BMW) design a spoked wheel that can fit tubeless tires?
I know what you mean. It would be nice to have, but then we are taking a classic rim (spoked) and making it a modern rim (mag) with "fake spokes" just to get a tubless tire... or we take a Bonneville T100 (spoke rim) and turn it into a Bonneville SE (mag rim).

I'm sure you could get mag rims for this model but I'm not sure if it would look classic anymore. There are +'s and -'s to spokes, lighter unsprung weight is a +, the tuning of the spokes (and replacement long down the road) a -. Tubed tires are ok, tubless better.

I really like the spoke look though myself on this model... I guess if we make the V7 Classic too practical then it would be boring... haha.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by HYPERR »

How is it fake spokes? :?

They have regular spokes, the only difference is instead of at the rim, BMW spoke nipple attaches to the hub and the Honda attaches to a clever lip on the rim. Other than that, they look like any other spoked wheel.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sorry, I should have said you can make a mag rim look like a spoked rim by using the spokes as a support... Ya, that's just too confusing there... I'll just skip this one and agree with you, the technology exists, why not use it then?

Mike

(sorry Hyperr if you post looks different I had to re-create it as it hit EDIT not reply... DOH!)

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#14 Unread post by rayian »

Yeah, I like this bike. I voted cool. I was tempted to buy one a couple of years ago but ended up with my sv650 which I don't regret. I like my bike.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#15 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
(sorry Hyperr if you post looks different I had to re-create it as it hit EDIT not reply... DOH!)
You did a pretty good job of covering up the scene of the crime but you did leave one incriminating evidence. :laughing:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
You did a pretty good job of covering up the scene of the crime but you did leave one incriminating evidence. :laughing:
LOL!! :laughing:

Ya, I tried to get away but those darn kids in the Mystery Van foiled me again!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

rayian wrote:Yeah, I like this bike. I voted cool. I was tempted to buy one a couple of years ago but ended up with my sv650 which I don't regret. I like my bike.
Naked version or faired?

Did you test ride the V7 Classic at the time?

Mike

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#18 Unread post by rayian »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
rayian wrote:Yeah, I like this bike. I voted cool. I was tempted to buy one a couple of years ago but ended up with my sv650 which I don't regret. I like my bike.
Naked version or faired?

Mike

Naked SV. See pic at left.

They had a white V7 at Blackfoot Motorsports at the time. I spent some time with it in the showroom but no, I didn't take one for a test ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

rayian wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Naked version or faired?

Mike

Naked SV. See pic at left.

They had a white V7 at Blackfoot Motorsports at the time. I spent some time with it in the showroom but no, I didn't take one for a test ride
I've always liked the Naked SV, they had a naked SV1000 for a year as well in Canada but I guess it didn't sell well.

There are a few Moto Guzzi V7 Classic's I've seen on their Blackfoot site. I've found Blackfoot to be quite hesitant to let customers test ride a bike to buy. They do have demo days once a year per brand but I don't know why taking out a bike isn't like testing a car where you go in, say "I'd like to test this bike" and off you go. Would be nice.

I have sat on the Moto Guzzi V7 Classic and it's surprisingly really light for a 750cc. The moto guzzi 750cc V-twin is a top heavy motor too, I don't know how they managed to make the bike feel light.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Last full day to vote on this model, tomorrow is the LAST CHANCE to vote as it will be set in stone for the Cool Wall... of course, the vote will always remain open so you can vote after tomorrow and check how it changes as the months and years go on.

Have fun, discuss and vote away, tomorrow is a new day with a new Friday Cool Wall motorcycle model!

Mike