2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

VOTE: Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Suzuki GSX-R600

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... SXR600.htm

2011 Suzuki GSX-R600

The Incredible 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600.

Impressive performance, exceptional handling and remarkable modern sport-styling prove the all-new redesigned 2011 GSX-R600 is a class-leading sport bike worthy of its race-winning GSX-R heritage. The GSX-R600's responsive and agile ride results from a new lightweight chassis with a compact wheelbase and race-developed suspension. Whether you’re tearing up the streets or dominating the racetrack, the all-new GSX-R600 is designed to offer unparalleled performance for all riding levels. A compact, powerful 599cc 4-cylinder engine demonstrates the advanced race-proven technology of the GSX-R line when you hit the throttle and push the RPMs to the redline. The GSX-R600. Designed to be the top performer in its class—it’s the total package ready to Own The Racetrack.

2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 Features

Engine Features

599cc Engine

The GSX-R is outfitted with a 599cc 4-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio for an efficient, high-revving design.

Camshaft profiles feature an aggressive valve-lift curve, developed using proven Suzuki race team engine technology-its first use on a production Suzuki.

The engine employs shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes.

4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system with a titanium muffler, carrying a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid RPM range.

Advanced, Suzuki race team developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise ignition timing across the range of engine temperature.

Lightweight, durable forged pistons designed using Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used in Suzuki race team racing engines.

Suzuki Drive Mode Selector

Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road conditions and personal tastes.

Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection, uses fine-spray 8-hole injectors for improved fuel atomization, which contributes to more complete combustion.

Transmission Features

The crankcase carries a six-speed close-ratio transmission with vertically staggered shafts, to reduce overall engine length.

A race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
Suspension

Showa Big-Piston front Fork

Race-developed, lightweight Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.

Rear Shock

Single Showa rear shock features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.

Chassis Features

Twin-spar aluminum cradle frame

Lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame made of five cast sections and cast swingarm.

3-way adjustable footpegs

Three-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever, and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.

Small, simple and lightweight bodywork featuring exciting, aerodynamic styling.

Front Brakes

Front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.

Instrument Cluster

Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine RPM indicator.

Instrument cluster features an analog tachometer with LCD readouts of the speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicators.

Steering Damper

Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force on the racetrack and at highway speeds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 - United States of America Specifications
USA MSRP - $11,599 USD

Chassis:
Color White, Blue/White
Brakes Front Radial mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers, with dual fully floating 310 mm discs
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Curb Weight 187 kg (412 lbs)
Final Drive RK525SMOZ8, 114 links
Fuel Tank Capacity 17.0 L (4.5/3.7 US/Imp gal)
Ground Clearance 130 mm (5.12 in)
Overall Length 2030 mm (80.0 in)
Overall Width 710 mm (28.0 in)
Seat Height 810 mm (31.9 in)
Suspension Front Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF)
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Tires Rear 180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Wheelbase 1385 mm (54.5 in)

Engine:
Bore Stroke 67.0 mm (2.638 in) x 42.5 mm (1.673 in)
Compression Ratio 12.9 : 1
Engine 599cc (36.5 cu. In), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Fuel System Fuel injection
Ignition Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Lubrication Wet sump
Starter Electric

Warranty:
Warranty 12 Month Limited Warranty

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... SXR600.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 - COOL WALL VOTE: In Progress

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This is a BIG ONE for all you 600cc sportbike fans.

The Suzuki GSX-R600 is one of the biggest selling, most powerful, most popular 600cc sportbikes ever!!

Have fun and debate it at 14,000RPM!

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#3 Unread post by Wrider »

I just went through the update for this one... Wow they redesigned almost everything on this thing!

Oh and keep in mind they managed to shave 20 lbs off of this from 2009. That's absolutely stunning when you sit down and think about what you can pull off and keep it street legal/noise compliant/EPA compliant/affordable.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by HYPERR »

Wrider wrote:I just went through the update for this one... Wow they redesigned almost everything on this thing!

Oh and keep in mind they managed to shave 20 lbs off of this from 2009. That's absolutely stunning when you sit down and think about what you can pull off and keep it street legal/noise compliant/EPA compliant/affordable.
This is an incredible bike no question.

I don't know why but GSXRs have never appealed to me. In fact, despite owning a ton of bikes, I have never owned a Suzuki. :shock:

My friend has a GSXR1000. He says it's a great bike but he misses his ZX10R. He says the Kawi was just so raw and so fun to ride. The Gixxer in contrast lacks "personality" that the Kawi had in abundance.

It's still an amazing bike, so I voted cool.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

A great bike without a doubt, but seriously uncool. Its the bike that every noob and wanna-be boy racer wants to have and will get by hook or by crook. That alone makes its seriously uncool.....and it would be the bike that Jeremy Clarkson would ride if he ever decided to stop his hate on for bikes.
Always ask why.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#6 Unread post by Wrider »

I honestly think GSX-Rs just don't have the extra quirk that keeps other bikes in their own cliche. Yamaha has it's super peaky powerband and race-track oriented everything. Kawi has it's looks and it's own powerband personality. Honda has it's pesky electronics and beautiful engines. Beemer has it's very odd looks, very high price, and incredible engineering. Zuke just doesn't have that extra something other than styling cues.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#7 Unread post by Hondagirl »

Awesome! Really compact and neat looking and it looks even better in black and white. Just wow.
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hondagirl wrote:Awesome! Really compact and neat looking and it looks even better in black and white. Just wow.
Have to agree with you, it is one of the bikes that looks great in Black and White. :D

Mike

Superfly3176
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 Harley Davidson Nightster XL1200N

#9 Unread post by Superfly3176 »

The definitive 600cc supersport. Awesome by all accounts. However, the GSXR750 is very close in price.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#10 Unread post by HYPERR »

Superfly3176 wrote:The definitive 600cc supersport. Awesome by all accounts. However, the GSXR750 is very close in price.
Yeah I read recently in Cycle World that for $400 more, most of the staff would pick the 750.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS