2009 Honda Rebel 250 - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

VOTE: Your Coolness Factor of the 2009 Honda Rebel 250 is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2009 Honda Rebel 250 - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2009 Honda Rebel 250

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... bel250.htm

2009 Honda CMX250C Rebel 250

Who says you need a big-bore machine to appreciate the joys of motorcycling? Not a Honda CMX250C Rebel rider, that's for sure. A user-friendly combination of light weight and comfortable size has made the CMX250C Rebel an enduring favourite among riders looking for an easy-to-handle cruiser. The good stuff begins with a high-output twin-cylinder engine that runs more smoothly than a single, yet is thrifty on gas and easy to maintain. A front disc brake brings you to a halt quickly, and that's when you'll notice how easy it is to put your feet flat on the ground, thanks to a low seat height.

This is a bike that instills confidence on every ride.

Rebel riders agree, this bike makes you look good no matter how long you've been riding. It's an entry-level bike, sure, but it boasts big-bike styling with its timeless cruiser looks and nifty chrome highlights. Its reliable 234cc four-stroke twin delivers smooth power, and its five-speed transmission is a no-brainer to shift. Why pay more for a lesser bike? The Rebel's sticker price is as unbelievable as its outstanding fuel economy—proof positive it's a Honda.

Features & Benefits

Engine/Drivetrain

- Proven twin-cylinder 234 cc SOHC four-stroke engine is smooth, quiet, economical and easy to maintain.

- Convenient and reliable electric starter.

- Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.

- Constant-velocity carburetor gives excellent throttle response.

- Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.

- Automatic cam-chain tensioner.

- Radically styled twin-muffler exhaust system.

Chassis/Suspension

- Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height.

- Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic bushings.

- Dual rear shocks feature five-position spring preload adjustment.

- Rectangular-section swingarm.

- Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper.

- Wide 130/90-15 rear tire.

- Spoke wheels with chrome rims.

- O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability.

- Pullback handlebar.

- 9.8-litre teardrop fuel tank.

- Two-piece custom-styled seat.

Additional Features

- Custom-styled chrome-plated headlight case.

- Stylish chrome-plated taillight housing.

- Simple, straightforward instrumentation.

- Chrome-plated turn-signal housings.

- Maintenance-free battery.

- Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.

- Key-operated steering lock for added security.

- Easy-to-use helmet lock.

- 1 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty.

2009 Honda CMX250C Rebel 250 - Specifications
MSRP: $3,399 USD / $5,299 CDN

ENGINE

Engine Type 234cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder

Bore and Stroke 53.0mm x 53.0mm

Induction Single 26mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity (CV) carburetor

Ignition CD

Compression Ratio 9.2:1

Valve Train SOHC; two valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN

Transmission Five-speed

Final Drive O-ring sealed chain

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES

Front Suspension 33mm fork; 4.6-inch travel

Rear Suspension Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 2.9-inch travel

Front Brake Single-disc with twin-piston caliper

Rear Brake Drum

Front Tire 3.00-18

Rear Tire 130/90-15

DIMENSIONS

Rake 30-degree 40'

Trail 113mm (4.4 inches)

Wheelbase 57.1 inches

Seat Height 26.6 inches

Curb Weight 331 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)

Fuel Capacity 2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve

OTHER

Available Colors Black, Ultra Blue Metallic

Model ID CMX250C

Emissions Meets Current EPA standards. California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.

Note The perfect entry-level street bike

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... bel250.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: 2009 Honda Rebel 250 - COOL WALL VOTE: In Progress

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

The Rebel has been a hit ever since it first came out as the CM250C back in the early 80's. A solid, dependable, entry level machine that for many was the first bike in their new adventure of motorcycling. It took Honda til around the mid 90's to restyle it to the more visually pleasing cruiser genre and they totally nailed a whole new emerging market segment - new riders who wanted a cruiser but were a bit intimidated by the larger motors and dimensions of the 650cc+ range. Other manufacturers, after seeing Honda's success, followed suit with scaled down versions of their larger cruisers, but for me the Honda Rebel is the genuine article. I voted "Cool".
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

I can't add to that. This is the type of bike that I think all new riders should spend at least six mo. on.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#4 Unread post by Hondagirl »

It is cool I suppose and a classic, but it just doesn't quite have that X factor for me...It is certainly a VERY popular bike here in Japan, I see so many of these on the road.
I sat on this very bike when I was deciding which new Honda to get last year. It's very low.
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

It is a great bike. While there were smaller bikes out there, this one helped a lot of people start on the road to motorcycling. It has charater in design and charater in engine. It's not a fast bike, not a 600cc handling one either, but if it wasn't for bikes like this, riders may not get to enjoy moving up as fast to those bigger bikes.

I think this little 250cc should even be in the hall of motorcycling fame as it really did so much over 20+ years of production thus far. I am not sure if Honda will be continuing it or not, the last model was a 2009 and 2010/11 was a crazy year for Honda who didn't announced many models at all. I hope Honda does continue to make it though.

With the Rebels' low centre of gravity, easy power band, light in weight even fits above average height riders and it looks cool. Plus, it's cheap to buy, cheap to insure, cheap on gas and cheap to repair.

If that's not aweome, I don't know what is. Heck, I'd even have one in my garage as it's just so cool for around town.

Way to go Honda. Be a Rebel.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#6 Unread post by ceemes »

We really need an option between cool and uncool. Can't vote for this bike. I dont think its cool or uncool, it just is. A nice entry level bike that hasn't changed much since it was introduced back in 1985.
Always ask why.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#7 Unread post by jstark47 »

ceemes wrote:We really need an option between cool and uncool. Can't vote for this bike. I dont think its cool or uncool, it just is.
I agree with you completely, but TotalMike blew me off. :mrgreen:

We need a "meh" vote!!!! :soapbox:

Since we don't have one, I'm gonna vote uncool. The Rebel has all the personality of vanilla pudding. And I'm not biased against 250's, or against Hondas....... I've praised the CBR250R on this forum, and I think the Suzuki TU250X is wonderful.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:We really need an option between cool and uncool. Can't vote for this bike. I dont think its cool or uncool, it just is. A nice entry level bike that hasn't changed much since it was introduced back in 1985.
You are right ceemes, it hasn't changed much since 1985 abit a little cosmetic changes, front disc brake and I would assume carb updating. But it's a good receipe and I can see why Honda didn't want to mess with it. Suzuki hasn't changed the Savage 650 in as long either (and if the original V-Max were still around after 2006 that would be almost the same too from Yamaha). That aside, do you really think it's uncool considering what it has done for beginning motorcyclists? I know the Rebel 250 is a favorite bike at MSF training schools.

jstark47 wrote:We need a "meh" vote!!!! :soapbox:

Since we don't have one, I'm gonna vote uncool. The Rebel has all the personality of vanilla pudding. And I'm not biased against 250's, or against Hondas....... I've praised the CBR250R on this forum, and I think the Suzuki TU250X is wonderful.
Sorry, can't have one. :laughing: You will just have to decide on what side of the fence a bike is on. :D

I'm courious, why do you think it has the personality of vanilla pudding? The engine is a parallel twin, the wheels are spoked, it is a nice retro looking bike, closer to the new TU250X than the CBR250R, some could even say the the Rebel 250 is a "Honda Heritage" bike after 26 years of production...

Great discussions though! I really like when a bike comes up on the Cool Wall that causes such a debate! Makes it all the more interesting. :D

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#9 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Awesome!

I learned on this bike and loved it. There were four bikes offered at the school I attended (Rebel 250, Marauder 250, Ninja 250, GS500). The Rebel 250 was my fave, hands down. I was so confident on it because it was low the ground with a low centre of gravity. Was the PERFECT starter bike. And, IMO, has a nice look to it.

Vanilla pudding? Maybe.

I chose that riding school because I desperately wanted to ride the Ninja 250 but when I came away from the course I couldn't speak more highly about the Rebel. Vanilla or not, it is a perfect starter bike.

:mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#10 Unread post by rayian »

I don't really care for the baby cruiser style. I guess it's something to get started on.That's about it.