2011 BMW K1300R - COOL WALL VOTE: Cool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 BMW K1300R is..

You may select 1 option

View results

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: This Week: 2011 BMW K1300R - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by ceemes »

Could someone please take all motorcycle designers outback for a bit and dogs slap some sense back into them. What is with all these fugly designs lately? Fail on looks alone.
Always ask why.

Markg1
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

#12 Unread post by Markg1 »

Hmm, the bike is different looking. I'm not sure if I like the way it looks but I don't dislike it either. But I bet that thing is a blast to ride! I bet it's smooth, with outstanding acceleration and handling. I bet those sport bike fans out there had a chance to ride this thing they would be amazed! I give it a cool vote!
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#13 Unread post by rayian »

Not as good looking as a Diavel (a cool bike) but still gave it a cool vote.

Wow, it'll do over 200 km/h according to the specs (is that a typo).

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#14 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

this is the ugliest bike i have seen in a long time. needs clothes badly. a fairing could hide some ugliness, but it's sooooo long.

technically a nice front suspension design though, but hideously ugly to the eyes. i'll take a hayabusa over this and that is saying a lot, since a crashed hayabusa usually looks better than a factory fresh one.

at least the vote is easy: fail.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: COOL

I think it's a nice change on a big naked bike design, although, it's got a face only a mother would love. But I think it would be a very fun bike to ride with the BMW 1300cc inline-4 in it. 175hp, under 500lbs, 19l of fuel, hey that's not so bad!!

I sat on one at a motorcycle show and it felt good, although vs the F800R (which this is sorta based on) you felt like you were "on top" of the bike vs the F800R's, "in the bike" feeling...

I like what ctchrisf said "its what Darth Vader would ride. " haha.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow's Cool Wall bike is... it's always interesting!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

xRider
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: Motomia Enzo 150cc

#16 Unread post by xRider »

The bike looks cool to me :)
Dream Bike
2006 Ducati Sport 1000

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks to all those who voted this week. The results wil be put up on the Cool Wall!

If you missed voting, no worries, the vote will stay open.

Have fun on this weeks new Friday Cool Wall bike!

2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=43417

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#18 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

totalmotorcycle wrote: although vs the F800R (which this is sorta based on) you felt like you were "on top" of the bike vs the F800R's, "in the bike" feeling... I like what ctchrisf said "its what Darth Vader would ride. " haha.
hmmm.... that "sorta based on" is too much of a stretch I'd say.

It certainly isnt based upon the F800R although they maybe saying they are based upon a common theme of naked-bmw-street-bike would be appropriate. Other than the ugly headlight/gauge treatment and being naked "urban" bimmers, the F800R and K1300R are completely different: engine platform, frame, suspension, final-drive... and the F800 is styled MUCH more conservatively and tastefully. The K1300R uses over-kill styling to hide a seriously cumbersome bike, and that's makes it especially ugly.

George Lucas responds: I think Darth Vader's crew wouldve went from R-series to an HP2 Sport, or in later Star Wars flicks it was more like taking a K75, throwing it out and designing a S1000R.

However, the K1300R and Millenium Falcon share some styling clues, and Chewie likes big-bore engines and Han's German heritage influences his hairstyle, transport and weapons choice... sooooo they ended up with a cargo freighter for serious blitzes across the galaxy.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)