2011 Honda CB1000R - VOTED: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Honda CB1000R is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2011 Honda CB1000R - VOTED: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Honda CB1000R

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... B1000R.htm

2011 Honda CB1000R

Superbike Performance. And A Style All Its Own.

Look at the new CB1000R and you see a motorcycle with an enduring correctness of design. Credit its clean, essentials-only styling, a fuel-injected four-cylinder 998cc powerplant tuned for loads of right-now power, single-sided swingarm with single-shock rear suspension, plus a wealth of new features that give it its own unique identity. Whether you choose to call it a "naked bike," or a Superbike in Clark Kent clothing, the 2011 CB1000R is the most modern iteration of a long line of much-respected high-performance unfaired four-cylinder bikes-the classic hot-rod Hondas.

Feast your eyes on the all-new Honda CB1000R. Superbike performance. A comfortable, do-it-all riding position, and style that's off the charts.

The CB1000R is a new take on a timeless concept. A no-nonsense superbike that's not afraid to show off its muscle where everyone can see it. We took a CBR1000RR powerplant—and retuned it for even more midrange power and torque. Then we built a special chassis that puts the engine out front and center, and that also lets you sit more upright. The result is one of the most versatile open-class bikes the world has ever seen. And also one of the best looking.

But don’t wait to decide. Let your dealer know you want one, because availability will be limited for this model!

Part high-performance sportbike, part mean and lean boulevard warrior. The outrageous new CB1000RA is the Naked bike that only Honda could build, with its stunning blend of snarling, take-no-prisoners attitude and surprisingly user-friendly everyday rideability. Packing the punch of a litre-class Superbike thanks to its CBR-derived fuel-injected engine, the CB1000RA's enhanced low-to-midrange torque gives it extra oomph in the tight quarters of the city while retaining effortless passing power on the open road. The sturdy aluminum mono-backbone frame is visually hardly even there, but it connects the aluminum Pro-Arm swingarm and fully adjustable 43 mm inverted fork to create a chassis that's stable when you need it to be, and nimble and responsive when you want to let loose on a twisty backroad. Plus, standard Combined Braking System with ABS lets you ride with confidence even when the road surface is less than ideal. The new Honda CB1000RA: it's naked aggression in a fun-to-ride package.

2011 Honda CB1000R Features and Benefits

Superbike Power.
The new CB1000R is built around a superbike-strong 998cc DOHC inline four engine. Basically, we took a CBR1000RR powerplant and retuned it to deliver a bare-knuckle blast of power that's perfect for street riding, with plenty of torque and power on tap. Since it's a four cylinder, it's plenty smooth for longer rides too.

When You've Got It, Flaunt It.
The new CB1000R has nothing to hide. On the contrary, it'd be a shame to cover up that awesome engine, so we've put it out front and center so you and everyone else can enjoy it. Then our designers gave the CB1000R just enough styling touches (side radiator shrouds, fork-mounted cowl fairing, cast aluminum four-spoke wheels) to really set it apart. Check out the result for yourself. European Model Shown.

Easy to Handle.
The CB1000R offers exceptional handling, thanks to a Gravity Die Cast mono-backbone aluminum chassis that's light and strong, a fully-adjustable inverted fork, and adjustable Pro Link® rear suspension with a single-sided swing arm.

Engine/Drivetrain

Compact and lightweight 998cc liquid-cooled inline-four engine with Honda's PGM-FI electronic fuel injection is tuned for dynamic low-to-midrange performance, with a smoothly linear climb up through the powerband to a thrilling top-end rush.

The engine's enhanced low-end torque allows you to pull away from a stop at less than 2,000 rpm without fear of engine stalling.

An impressive power-to-weight ratio gives the CB1000R Superbike-like performance in a user-friendly package.

Magnesium cylinder-head and alternator covers reduce engine weight.

The PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to smooth responses to small changes in throttle position.

A hydraulically operated clutch ensures smooth clutch operation with an easy pull at the lever.

Low-slung stainless-steel exhaust system produces an exhilarating sound, while also being a key element in the CB1000RA's optimized mass centralization. By concentrating most of its mass directly under the engine, the system promotes quicker steering response and enhanced cornering clearance.

Chassis/Suspension

Angular "mass forward" design positions the rider forward for a sporty yet comfortable ride.Advanced gravity-die-cast aluminum mono-backbone frame contributes to the CB1000RA's agile, sporty handling and highway stability.Wide 17-inch wheels feature an eye-catching swept four-spoke design and carry supersport-class radial tires.The fully adjustable 43 mm inverted front fork and cast-aluminum Pro-Arm swingarm with two-way adjustable HMAS (Honda Multi-Action System) shock are adjustable allowing you to set to your riding preference.Lightweight 310 mm floating front rotors with radial-mount triple-piston calipers combine with a 256 mm dual-piston caliper rear brake to create a powerful stopping force.Combined Braking System with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) gives you extra peace of mind in all braking situations.The CB1000R looks and feels more like a midsize sportbike, thanks to its compact dimensions and easy reach to both the ground and its controls. Its ergonomics locate the rider closer to the steering head for a riding position that shifts the balance of weight slightly forward onto the front tire, achieving a greater feeling of crisply responsive control.Thick aluminum handlebar adds to the CB1000R's aggressive naked-bike look.Additional

Features

Unique front light array features a triangular multi-reflector headlight integrated into a compact cowl, and a seven-bulb LED position light.Fully digital instrument panel provides three large LCD readouts.

The tachometer features an instant multi-segment readout of engine speed, displayed in a wide, sweeping bar that extends across the top of the display.The short, slim seat and sleek, upswept tail cowl take their design cues from the CBR1000RRA and Honda's RC212V MotoGP race bike. The seat is roomy and tapers towards the front, integrating smoothly with the side covers for a compact profile and a comfortable riding position.The tail cowl is supported by a strong and rigid cast aluminum rail. It provides ample room for a passenger and integrates a distinctive LED taillight.

2011 Honda CB1000R - Specifications
USA MSRP - $10,999 USD
Canada MSRP - $13,999 CDN

Engine Type Liquid-cooled inline-four

Displacement 998 cc

Bore & Stroke 75 mm x 56.5 mm

Compression ratio 11.2:1

Valve train Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder

Fuel delivery PGM-FI electronic fuel injection

Transmission Six-speed

Final drive #530 O-ring-sealed chain

Front suspension 43 mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with full adjustability; 120 mm (4.7 in.) travel

Rear suspension Pro-Arm single-sided swingarm with HMAS single shock with preload and rebound damping adjustment; 128 mm (5.0 in.) travel

Tires 120/70ZR - 17 radial front; 180/55ZR-17 radial rear

Brakes Front dual 310 mm discs with radial-mounted triple-piston calipers; rear single 256 mm disc with dual-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS

Seat height 825 mm (32.5 in.)

Wheelbase 1,445 mm (56.9 in.)

Curb weight 222 kg (489 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride

Fuel capacity 17 litres

Colour Pearl Nightstar Black

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... B1000R.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Re: This Week: 2011 Honda CB1000R - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by madjak30 »

Voted: Awesome

Factory Fighter!! That's what it is...weird headlight, minimalist styling, single sided swing arm and tons of power...except that it is comfortable (unlike the converted GSX-R Fighters that are built out there)...it's a Honda, so you know it is well built...but just like all the other naked bikes out there...it probably won't sell in big numbers...competition for the Z1000...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

I went with cool, coz I just love naked or semi-naked power bikes....buuuuuuttttt...............does anyone else see a leaping monkey in this bikes lines at least from this angle? The front nose cowling looks like a monkey face, the zig-zag body work down the radiator looks like his front paw, the tank his body and the seat back to the rear his hind quarter. Or is it just me?
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Cool vote here too. But if I had to choose from among open-class nakeds -say - two tears ago, I still would've preferred a Speed Triple. But now that the Trip's classic bug-eyes have been replaced, it's kind of neck and neck with the CB when it comes to looks (and the weirdest bit of the CB is the exhaust, which should be easily replaceable). It's got some really nice design details. I love the wheels, the single-sided swingarm, and the gauges, while the plastic shroud at the tank base is interesting (and at least it gets rid of the need for those cheesy stick on tank protectors). Anyway what's not to like? It's naked, fast, comfortable, versatile, practical, and reliable.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:............does anyone else see a leaping monkey in this bikes lines at least from this angle? The front nose cowling looks like a monkey face, the zig-zag body work down the radiator looks like his front paw, the tank his body and the seat back to the rear his hind quarter. Or is it just me?
It took me a minute to see it, but, I saw another animal in it... a leaping Kangaroo if you follow the same items as you suggested but rather than follow the seat, follow the middle silver frame bit (sorry, I'm tired) from the end of the tank to the foot peg. Interesting indeed...

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

ceemes wrote:.........does anyone else see a leaping monkey in this bikes lines...
definitely has the monkey/baboon thing going on from the side profile... i'll probably go cool for a vote... for Honda the styling is pretty good. more ramblings later....
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#7 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I went with Cool. I'm probably more on the fence than anything, but since manufacturers have moved away from nakeds I have to give Honda some kudos for pulling this one off.

There is definitely a kangaroo in the design for me (back feet are the silver bit extending down to the exhaust pipe). Including this oddity the design is kind of just okay for me, hence my "one the fence" feeling.

I've sat on this at the m/c shows and it wasn't as comfortable as I expected either.
Andrea :sun:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#8 Unread post by jstark47 »

sunshine229 wrote:I've sat on this at the m/c shows and it wasn't as comfortable as I expected either.
That's a shame, because the Z-1000 was one of the most comfortable sporty bikes I've ever sat on.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: COOL

Like the others here, I just couldn't see the "awesome" part of the bike either. It's great that it's a naked bike, (who doesn't love a naked bike eh? :naughty: ). I have to disagree with Honda saying ". A comfortable, do-it-all riding position" as I had the chance to sit on it and it's not that comfortable (something a naked bike should be).

That aside, I do like the price (for a Honda), and I'm sure with the 1000cc engine in there it's powerful. Not a big fan of the exhaust, seat or headlight design though.

It's really interesting how you can see a monkey or kangaroo in it's framework... Is Honda aware of this? haha.

Mike

Markg1
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

#10 Unread post by Markg1 »

It looks fast and it's a Honda. Awesome! Any quarter mile numbers?
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!