2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 WGP 50th Anniv Ed - VOTED: AWESOME

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 WorldGP 50th Anniversary Edition is..

You may select 1 option

View results

Markg1
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

Re: This Week: 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 WGP 50th Anniv Ed - VOTE N

#11 Unread post by Markg1 »

I have always owned what I consider TRUE power cruisers (Vmax and Vrod). I blame the V65 magna for my hunger for the power. I have never owned a crotch rocket, but if I were to own one it would be this one. I love the way it looks and I don't think there is anything close. I think Yamaha build some of the best bikes but of course I am a Yamaha owner.
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted AWESOME.

Wow, that paint scheme is amazing. I am really interested in the " Seven-level Traction Control System allows the rider to get more traction and drive while exiting corners." I wonder if this also prevents burn outs and works like ABS but with acceleration rather than braking?

New ECU settings are nice. I wonder though if there was something wrong with the new ones from the redesign last year?

The new headlight cowl styling is quite unique, I really liked the old 2005 version more as I'm not a big fan with the "buggy eye" look... but I bet those new headlights are pretty awesome at night.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Markg1 wrote:I have always owned what I consider TRUE power cruisers (Vmax and Vrod). I blame the V65 magna for my hunger for the power. I have never owned a crotch rocket, but if I were to own one it would be this one. I love the way it looks and I don't think there is anything close. I think Yamaha build some of the best bikes but of course I am a Yamaha owner.
Ah, I wish I could fit on the VMAX ...or the V-Rod! Too long legged it seems. :(

Just have to find other bikes that fit, which can be a tough job, as I think most bikes are made for 5'7" to 6".

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Markg1
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by Markg1 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Markg1 wrote:I have always owned what I consider TRUE power cruisers (Vmax and Vrod). I blame the V65 magna for my hunger for the power. I have never owned a crotch rocket, but if I were to own one it would be this one. I love the way it looks and I don't think there is anything close. I think Yamaha build some of the best bikes but of course I am a Yamaha owner.
Ah, I wish I could fit on the VMAX ...or the V-Rod! Too long legged it seems. :(

Just have to find other bikes that fit, which can be a tough job, as I think most bikes are made for 5'7" to 6".

Mike
I'm 6 foot and fit fairly well on my new Vmax, but my '09 Vrod AW now that's comfy! The forward controls and the handle bar position are just right! I think you would fit well on the Vrod. Too bad you weren't a little closer...I'd let you take "em for a spin.

Markg1
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by Markg1 »

Markg1 wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:

Mike
I'm 6 foot and fit fairly well on my new Vmax, but my '09 Vrod AW now that's comfy! The forward controls and the handle bar position are just right! I think you would fit well on the Vrod. Too bad you weren't a little closer...I'd let you take "em for a spin.
Oh, By the way, I was at the Calgary Stampede this past summer and my GOSH what great time and a beautiful place!!

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#16 Unread post by sunshine229 »

No question... this bike is awesome. Absolutely stunning to look at and amazing power that would really go from street to track quite easily. This is not "just another crotch rocket".

The second photo is the best!!! I love how the guy is completely leaned over the tank. Amazing photography! :mrgreen:

Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great job with the discussions!

Interesting to note, as of today, the 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 WorldGP 50th Anniversary Edition will go down as the Cool Wall's most cool bike, replacing the Kawasaki ZRX1200R.

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 WorldGP 50th Anniversary Edition is..

Awesome 83%
Cool 17%

Next model now up!

Mike

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Re: 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 WGP 50th Anniv Ed - VOTED: AWESOME

#18 Unread post by madjak30 »

Sorry I missed getting my vote in on time for this one...I've been out of town and last night was helping my neighbour wire his basement (I'm an electrician...) so I totally forgot about the "Cool Wall" this week...

I did vote AWESOME...I like the agressive "Bird of Prey" look of the bike...it would be a blast to ride for about 30mins...then I would be crippled, but I would be smiling!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#19 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Interesting to note, as of today, the 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 WorldGP 50th Anniversary Edition will go down as the Cool Wall's most cool bike
Did you expect any different? :laughing:

This is one awesome sportbike. Incredible performance, stunning looks, and an absolutely awesome and unique sounding exhaust from the big bang engine. The R1 also has always had a unique look which Ducati was highly influenced by for their 1098 series superbike. The original Ducati superbike the 916 was highly influenced by the Honda NR750. So the only Ducati superbike that was not highly influenced by Japanese design was the Terblanche masterpiece the 999, which is my fave Ducati superbike. I would love to own a 999R someday. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS