2011 Triumph Daytona 675 SE - VOTED: AWESOME

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 SE is...

You may select 1 option

View results

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: This Week: 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 SE - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
I wonder if Triumph will bring back their automotive production again, it's not uncommon for motorcycle makes to make cars as well.. ie, Honda, Suzuki... even KTM...
Bloor did this out of passion, not because he needed the money. Thus I don't ever see him building cars. Also an oligopoly like an automobile manufacturer is probably beyond even the finances of Bloor.
totalmotorcycle wrote: Now a Ducati car, that would be interesting too...
They would never get away with the car buying public what they get away with now. :laughing:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#12 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Now a Ducati car, that would be interesting too...
I would love it if Ducati would make a car, or if Lambo or Ferrari got into building hyper-bikes, if just to watch Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear burst a blood vessel. :laughing: :laughing:
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#13 Unread post by HYPERR »

What is happening to the design department at Triumph??? :shock:

Their new 2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer is a virtual copy of the Yamaha Super Tenere!

Did Triumph hire a Chinese guy to head the design department or something? :?
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:What is happening to the design department at Triumph??? :shock:

Their new 2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer is a virtual copy of the Yamaha Super Tenere!

I just checked on the official media site for Triumph and there is nothing official about this bike, so it may look different as this could be a pre-production shot or even a photoshoped image.

The Tiger 1050 is a little pricey vs the Tenere so if that's the case let's hope for additional goodies and even better build quality.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#15 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:

I just checked on the official media site for Triumph and there is nothing official about this bike, so it may look different as this could be a pre-production shot or even a photoshoped image.

The Tiger 1050 is a little pricey vs the Tenere so if that's the case let's hope for additional goodies and even better build quality.
Oh ok. :)

Then I guess we shall just wait and see. Ironically out of all their copies, this one is probably the least incriminating. :laughing:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:

Oh ok. :)

Then I guess we shall just wait and see. Ironically out of all their copies, this one is probably the least incriminating. :laughing:
I just came back to add that Triumph wrote me personally about 3 weeks ago letting me know their 2012 models would be out by the 20th or so, (just a few 2012's and I have those up since the 5th) so I expect the 2012 Triumphs to be released this week anyways. Stay tuned. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR - It seems that is indeed the real photo of the 2012 Triumph, but it was embargoed to post before today. Triumph won't be happy about that.

I was just sent the following last night and couldn't post it till now (below). I have photos as well for the models and will add those to the 2012 Triumph Guide: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... riumph.htm

Embargoed until Monday, October 24, 2011

Triumph introduces three new motorcycles for 2012

Fresh from recording record sales in 2011, Triumph Motorcycles will celebrate its 110th anniversary in 2012 with its strongest ever line-up, boosted by three new models which will be officially unveiled at the EICMA show in Milan, on November 8.

Triumph Tiger Explorer
Brand new for 2012 is the Tiger Explorer, a flagship model for Triumph’s Adventure range.

Building upon 2011’s phenomenally successful Tiger 800 models, the Tiger Explorer is powered by an all-new, shaft-driven, three-cylinder engine in excess of 1200cc, delivering class-leading performance to the adventure touring class.

The Tiger Explorer debuts Triumph’s new ‘ride-by-wire’ throttle system and includes cruise control, switchable ABS and traction control as standard. The high specification continues in the chassis department with a strong steel chassis and cast alloy wheels, 19” front and 17” rear, the latter showcased thanks to the stylish single-sided swingarm.

A suite of accessories have also been developed for the Tiger Explorer’s launch with hard and soft luggage, low and high seat options and a wide range of heated and electrical accessories which can be run simultaneously thanks to the Tiger Explorer’s best-in-class 950w generator.

Triumph Speed Triple R
Following the success of the R models for the Street Triple and Daytona 675, Triumph is introducing a premium version of its iconic Speed Triple, the Speed Triple R.

Working in close collaboration with Swedish suspension brand Öhlins, the Speed Triple R sports the latest specification NIX30 43mm forks at the front, with a jewel-like TTX36 unit at the rear. To minimize unsprung weight as much as possible, the lightweight five-spoke forged aluminum wheels from PVM are more than 3.7 lbs. lighter than those on the standard machine to deliver even more precise and agile handling. Stopping the Speed Triple R are top specification four-piston radial monoblock callipers from Brembo, the leading brand in MotoGP racing, with a switchable version of Triumph’s electronic anti-lock system available as an option. Together, the brakes and wheels offer a 5% increase in braking performance over the standard Speed Triple.

The Speed Triple R’s choice of metallic Phantom Black and Crystal White color options are complemented with red colored subframe and detailing, as well as the iconic gold forks, to create a sportier and more exotic look that confirms its status as Triumph’s premier naked sports model.

Triumph Steve McQueenTM Edition
Triumph has joined forces with the estate of Hollywood icon Steve McQueen to create a limited edition motorcycle that pays tribute to the late actor’s love of the British brand’s products.

Based on the classic Bonneville T100, just 1,100 of the Steve McQueenTM Edition will be sold worldwide. Featuring a host of modified parts, the design is inspired by the Triumph Trophy TR6 that McQueen insisted on riding during the famous stunt scene in The Great Escape, and features a military-style matte khaki green livery, stencil-style Triumph decal on the tank and the actor’s signature on the side covers.

Featuring a solo seat and black luggage rack, the McQueen bike has also been fitted with a rugged skid plate and small black-bodied headlamp. The Triumph Steve McQueenTM Edition features a host of other blacked-out components, including wheel rims and hubs, handlebars, rear springs, mirrors and front mudguard supports. To confirm the bike’s provenance, each machine is individually numbered with a plaque placed on the handlebar clamp, while owners will also receive a certificate of authenticity with their machine.

Full details of Triumph’s new-for-2012 models will be announced at Triumph’s press conference at EICMA, held on stand H26 at 12:30 local time on November 8, 2011.

-END-

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#18 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Back to a 19" front wheel, good for them!
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#19 Unread post by madjak30 »

I voted: cool.

I really like the styling of the bike (even if HYPERR thinks it's a total rip off)...the sound that bike makes is pretty unique...I don't think it is a copy...ask Honda if they would like their CBR600 to perform as well as a Triumph?? An improvement on a design maybe, but not a copy...or is everyones liter class adventure bike a copy of a DL1000 V-Strom?

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#20 Unread post by HYPERR »

madjak30 wrote:ask Honda if they would like their CBR600 to perform as well as a Triumph??
what do you mean? :dontgetit:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS