2011 Aprilia Mana 850 GT ABS - VOTED: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Aprilia Mana 850 GT ABS is...

You may select 1 option

View results

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: This Week: 2011 Aprilia Mana 850 GT ABS - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by dr_bar »

Looks like a perfect bike for some newspaper and a match... I'm going with epic fail, fugly beyond belief, and an automatic!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#12 Unread post by madjak30 »

I think it is just a HO-HUMM bike...nothing to draw a rider to it...but the auto trans does give the option to more newbies or as an upgrade for a scooter rider that doesn't have the interest in learning a manual trans bike...if I was to buy a HO-HUMM type bike it would be a Japanese one, at least they have reliability to back them up...I would buy a Fazer 8 before one of these...

Voted: uncool

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted cool. I personally wouldn't own it but it looks quite nice and I'm impressed by the technology in it! It's great to see an automatic bike that isn't just an automatic, the rider can choose automatic or not. And if the rider wants to go automatic he/she can choose from three riding modes. That's pretty neat!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: COOL.

Ah, almost missed voting on this one as I have been so busy putting up all the new 2012 models on Total Motorcycle!

So here goes: At first glace, I assumed it was a fully automatic motorcycle, but I was wrong, it's both a manual (seven speeds via a shift button) and an automatic. That's pretty neat IMO as it allows one to choose what riding style they want and again IMO, all automatic bikes should offer this choice.

Technology seems to be right up there with the higher end Ducati's and MV Agusta's but the Aprilia Mana 850 is offered at a price that's much more affordable... it makes me think, is Aprilia selling them at a loss? I have seen ads for them at dealships in which they are new old stock so I guess they are not fast sellers. I really like that the bike gives you a choice of 3 rider modes (Touring, Sport and Rain), quite smart!

For the engine, I approve! A 839cc 90o V-Twin with good torque down low, nice. There seems to be a real V-Twin drought for the big 4 motorcycle manufacturers in the standard street sport style of bike. Maybe the big-4 can't make a good V-Twin like everyone else?

I would be open to trying it out, and if I was to buy one, it would have to be in the red color. :)

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.