The Blog of Blues

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: The Blog of Blues

#1161 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Do you have any idea how challenging it is to wrap up motorcycle tires?

I am giving my boy toy a new rear tire for Christmas and a new front tire for his birthday.

I created a box for each....I had saved the big cardboard boxes that some shelving units came in so I was able to cut them down and reshape them.

The best part....he has no clue.... :laughing:

....and...because I still have a couple of unopened boxes from when I moved in the summer....he won't notice if he goes poking around.

I'll leave the Christmas paper wrapping until the last minute.

blues2cruise

#1162 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Do you have any idea how challenging it is to wrap up motorcycle tires?

I am giving my boy toy a new rear tire for Christmas and a new front tire for his birthday.

I created a box for each....I had saved the big cardboard boxes that some shelving units came in so I was able to cut them down and reshape them.

The best part....he has no clue.... :laughing:

....and...because I still have a couple of unopened boxes from when I moved in the summer....he won't notice if he goes poking around.

I'll leave the Christmas paper wrapping until the last minute.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#1163 Unread post by jstark47 »

He just got that Tenere a few months ago and he's gone through a set of tires already?
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#1164 Unread post by mogster »

:lol:
Front & rear tyres remind me of the first presents I bought my future (ex) husband ...............it is also his birthday on Christmas day so I gave him one new Doc Martin boot for his birthday in the morning & he had to wait until the afternoon to get the second :lol: I hink he had probably guessed by then tho :lol: :lol:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

blues2cruise

#1165 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jstark47 wrote:He just got that Tenere a few months ago and he's gone through a set of tires already?
No...the tires that came on it are more street tires....the tires he keeps talking about and trusting over...are 50/50 road/off road...German knobby tires... he wants to go off roading with his pal who has a BMW dual sport....

blues2cruise

#1166 Unread post by blues2cruise »

mogster wrote::lol:
Front & rear tyres remind me of the first presents I bought my future (ex) husband ...............it is also his birthday on Christmas day so I gave him one new Doc Martin boot for his birthday in the morning & he had to wait until the afternoon to get the second :lol: I hink he had probably guessed by then tho :lol: :lol:
Yes, that is funny.

I can at least get away with just giving a rear tire for now. There would be no expectation of getting the front tire at Christmas. :mrgreen:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#1167 Unread post by jstark47 »

blues2cruise wrote:
jstark47 wrote:He just got that Tenere a few months ago and he's gone through a set of tires already?
No...the tires that came on it are more street tires....the tires he keeps talking about and trusting over...are 50/50 road/off road...German knobby tires... he wants to go off roading with his pal who has a BMW dual sport....
Metzeler Enduros? (hopefully he doesn't read this forum!!)
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

blues2cruise

#1168 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jstark47 wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:
Metzeler Enduros? (hopefully he doesn't read this forum!!)
I don't believe he reads this forum. I think theonly one he reads is an adventure riders forum.

No, the tires are Heidenau Scouts.

blues2cruise

#1169 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I looked at my bike today. Decided it might be icy in some areas...so installed Christmas lights instead.

I haven't installed lights for years...in fact I doubt the guy who lived her before me ever did, either. The clips on the eaves of the garage were painted shut...I had to use a screw driver to pry open the clips. Some of them were so brittle they broke.

I think I need a staple gun. I seem to be needing one for other projects every once in while also.

The weather is forecasted to be sunshine for tomorrow....so I will get a day permit tomorrow if the road conditions are safe.

blues2cruise

#1170 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Phew....Christmas is over...It was a lot of work and quite time consuming going shopping and decorating and cooking....and a very sore back....somehow like we all do every year we manage to make it through in one piece.

I opted to host my own Christmas dinner for friends this year instead of going to my family's dinner. It was worth the fatigue and sore back.....It was a calm pleasant evening instead of the usual family chaos and tension....

In fact, I even got a Christmas tree.....the first one I put up in years. This was the first Christmas in my new home....so it felt somewhat special.
tree by window.JPG
This was taken in the dark room...
blue tree in dark room.jpg
My special guy was thrilled with his new motorcycle tire. I received a new lens for my camera. I have been wanting to get a longer lens....so he gave me a 70-300.....yippee!!!!

I had planned to go visit family on Boxing Day...but 2 of them came down with colds...I will wait until they are not germy before I go over there.

Prior to Christmas I had been buying a bottle of wine here and there in preparation for Christmas....My invitation for Christmas said I would have wine and beer for people to drink.....well...one couple brought their own wine.....I think only one bottle of wine I bought got used. 2 beers and a cider got drank....I think I overdid the wine shopping.....I have a lot of bottles of wine in the pantry......that should last me most of the year. :laughing:

I'll have to inivite someone over for a beer...so it doesn't get stale....I don't drink beer. ptooey...