2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic - VOTED: Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic EFI is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic - VOTED: Awesome

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic EFI

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... sicEFI.htm

2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic EFI

Harking back to the ‘G2’ Bullet of the early 1950's, Royal Enfield’s newest model retains the British style that is inextricably linked to the world’s oldest motorcycle manufacturer.

At its heart is the all-new 500cc unit construction engine (UCE), with electronic fuel injection, which replaces the 4-speed iron-barrelled motor that had been in continuous production for over 50 years.

With its highly polished and detailed engine cases, 18” Wheels and two-tone paint scheme the Bullet Classic exudes authentic charm and the exhaust note won’t disappoint either. Solo saddle as standard, with dual seat and pillion seat pad options.

Available in a choice of maroon, black green and NEW battle green.

Royal Enfield is now proud to present the all-new Bullet Classic C5: a modern reworking of the old legend, taking its styling cues from the simplicity of our earliest 1950’s machines and combining that celebrated design and heritage with all the advantages of today’s EFI technology.

For 50 years, the Royal Eneld Bullet has been synonymous with rened, classic cooland a bike handcrafted to perfection. Royal Eneld is now proud to present the new Bullet Classic C5: a modern reworking of the old legend, taking its styling cues from the simplicity of our earliest 1950’s machines and combining that celebrated design and heritage with all the advantages of today’s EFI technology.

The original heart and soul are intact. The post World War II styling, body-colored frame, die-cast headlight casing, authentic post-war fuel tank graphics, knee pads and single saddle seat with springs of the original remain. What’s changed? The powerful new Euro III compliant, fully integrated electronic fuel injection engine brings the Bullet C5 roaring into the future.

2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic EFI Features

- All-new, fully-integrated unit construction engine
- Beautiful vintage styling based on our earliest post-war models
- Body-colored frame
- Single-saddle seat with springs
- Incredible 85 mpg fuel economy*
- Built to meet Euro III and other modern emissions standards
* Estimated average, based on initial mileage reports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic EFI - North American Specifications
US MSRP: Starting at: $6495 (49 State), $6695 (California) Taxes, location, and other charges may apply.
Canadian MSRP: See local dealer for pricing.

Engine Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, Spark Ignition, Air Cooled, OHV
Cubic Capacity 499 cc
Engine Output/Torque 27.5 BHP, 41.3 Nm @ 4000 rpm
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
Electrical 12V System; Headlamp 60/55W; Tail lamp 21/5W
Ignition Electronic
Transmission 5-Speed gearbox with left side gear shift
Suspension Gas-filled shock absorbers
Brakes- Front 280mm Disc brake
Brakes- Rear 152mm Drum brake
Tires - Front 90 x 90 - 18"- 51V
Tires - Rear 110 x 80 - 18"- 58V
Dimension - L x W x B 50in x 32in x 42in
Wheel Base 54 inches
Ground Clearance 5.5 inches
Weight 412 lbs
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: This Week: 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic - VOTE N

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

They are cool. RE has done quite a job of re-engineering the motor without tampering with its essential qualities. My wife test rode a G5 (basically the same bike, different cosmetics) in spring '09 when they first came out and enjoyed it very much. If the local RE dealer hadn't fallen victim to the recession, we might have purchased one as part of a sidecar rig. And that's the problem with RE around here: dealer support. But they are simple machines, and a lot of maintenance can be done yourself if you're handy.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#3 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Cool, a million times cool.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Simple, elemental, awesome. I'm severely tempted to get one of these.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

I always liked them. There used to be a dealer about 20 miles from my house but it seems as they got rid of that franchise... :?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

Having recently test-ridden one I was quite surprised. I love the way that they look, however I was expecting the rudest crudest of motorcycles. I couldn't have been more wrong. The Enfield is silky smooth (at least up to 100km/hr), and the suspension is quite good (for this kind of bike), giving a smooth ride. The clutch, and front break also work very well. I was really impressed and had a lot of fun, the only issue being freeway speeds: if you own one of these you will enjoy the ride a lot more by putting along the back roads. Downsides ? A few. The freeway speed thing and the quality of finish on the shiny parts. These things are built to a budget and it somewhat shows. However with my dealer selling leftover models for $6500 Canadian you can't really complain.

The real market for these however should be new riders. These are incredibly easy bikes to ride, as you can essentially let out the clutch without any throttle and put away. They are light and easy to handle. A lot of fun for the money.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#7 Unread post by mogster »

Definately a cool vote from me. Not everyone has the skill or the patience to maintain an original classic but these provide an easy option.
High_Side wrote: The real market for these however should be new riders. These are incredibly easy bikes to ride, as you can essentially let out the clutch without any throttle and put away. They are light and easy to handle.
That's a great idea High Side - maybe the company should offer motorcycle training schools some special discounts!
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

There is something iconicly classic about it's looks and while it really hasn't transformed itself in 50 years (the UCE engine and EFI has been the biggest changes) it has remained frozen in time (in a good way).

I'm glad Royal Enfield is taking it's own direction in the motorcycle industry, it's too easy to follow the pack of what Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and even Harley-Davidson put out... no one puts out bikes like RE does.

I also agree with RE when they say the bike has a "British style" to it. The British ride all year round and motorcycles are as important as cars here, in fact, thanks to pro-bike laws it makes a lot of sense to ride as there are many benefits to it (free parking!, lane splitting/filtering and no central London congestion charge!)

BTW - The background shots show a typical canal and river boats here, in fact, these photos could have been taken where I live (Uxbridge area) as these boats go up and down the canals all year long.

Well done RE, all I can add it keep working on the quality control and quality feel, some of the models I had sat on felt like they could have used a little bit more of that.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#9 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted Awesome. :mrgreen:

If this bike rolled up I would drool. But I would never own one, it's just not my style of ride. But hey, it's super cool of Royal Enfield to make such classic looking bikes and now pull out all the stops for this model. Brilliant!

Love the photos of the British canal and countryside too... ;)
Andrea :sun:

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Re: 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Classic - VOTED: Awesome

#10 Unread post by madjak30 »

They do look kinda cool, but the reviews I've read weren't great...the finish and reliability may be an issue...for the money a KLR or a DR650 would be a better purchase...not the same cool factor, but better bikes...

I didn't vote, since they just aren't my style of bike...just ~meh~

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-