2013 Victory Judge - VOTED: Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Victory Judge is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2013 Victory Judge - VOTE NOW!

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:I voted fail, I didn't like the looks of the bike and thought small things like that oval side cover was just nasty to look at.
I'm actually surprised to hear you didn't like the look of the Judge, I honestly thought it would be up your alley. The oval side cover is strange and yesterday I thought "humm, it should have a number on it"... and ta-da:

Here is Victory's "behide the scenes" development video on the Judge as well:

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by HYPERR »

"The Victory Judge combines modern high-performance technology with American styling cues of the 1960s muscle car era, such as cast 5-spoke wheels. The 16" wheels are shod with premium Dunlop Elite II tires with raised white lettering, the perfect look on this cruiser."

Muscle car ruled the road from the mid 60s to the early 70s, and the name they stole was introduced in the late 60s, but the those raised white lettered Dunlop Elites scream 1980s. :?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#13 Unread post by mogster »

ceemes wrote:..just another muscle cruiser in an already saturated market.

OK so there are a lot of bikes similar to this in the market but I am pleased that Victory are IN the market!

Any bike that gives H-D something to think about is welcome as far as I am concerned :lol:

I think the colour is cool too & if copied from an old car so what.

I wouldn't be likely to purchase one or even ride it but I would be happy for it to park outside :D

My vote = Awesome

BTW Mike - can we please have prices listed in Sterling too? :?
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

mogster wrote:
ceemes wrote:..just another muscle cruiser in an already saturated market.
BTW Mike - can we please have prices listed in Sterling too? :?
I would be happy to, but Victory UK hasn't let us (press) know the pricing for it yet or have (just checked) put it up on the UK Victory page yet either. As soon as I have it, I'll list it for ya. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#15 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted cool as this is a pretty sweet bike.

However, since Victory made a huge ordeal of the announcement of this new bike I was expecting something different. Something cheaper, lighter, smaller; something to get people into their first Victory before moving up to their much bigger lineup of bikes. Maybe next time.
Andrea :sun:

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#16 Unread post by ZRex »

I love Muscle cars (my first car was a 1968 Ford Mustang GT fastback, I miss that car so much) and I love Motorcycles, so I have to vote Awesome.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#17 Unread post by ceemes »

One can only hope that the only thing they kept from the Muscle Car era is the name, otherwise the bike will be hot off the line, blindingly quick down the straight and a hopeless wallowing pig in the corners and brakes made of tin foil. I grew up in the early to mid 70's era of muscle cars, great big honking V-8's, hooker headers, holley carbs and all that. Damn things could snap your neck in two off the line but for sheer terror, nothing beat trying to get them around a bend. Buddy of mine had Datsun 1600, and for fun we would race muscle cars through the Fraser Canyon, once we got into the twisties, we had them beat.

After I got out of the Army, I bought a 79 5 litre Mustang Cobra, first year of that new model. Damn was quick but could not corner worth a damn and the brake sucked hind teat. I actually spun it out going around a corner just a tad bit too hot, was chasing a Datsun Z who made the corner at speed no sweat.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I have to be honest and say the more I look at the 2013 Victory Judge the more it is drawing me in to ride it. I think the 2013 Victory Judge will be a hit, unless it's a pig of a bike...

ceemes & ZRex : Yes, there is nothing like a muscle car is there? I'm drawn to them myself, I equate a muscle car to a naked bike as it's all about the engine and simplicity of it all. I owned a 1980 Camaro V8 back in the day (bought it before I had a licence for $50! outside of a bar) haha.

I looked just like this:

When we move back to North America we looking at buying a muscle car... (Challenger, 350/370z or even a mustang)

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Lots of votes for the Victory Judge! Good stuff people.

As it goes into the Cool Wall:

Awesome 42%
Cool 27%
Uncool 12%
Fail 19%

But the vote will remain open as it will be interesting to see how the discussion and voting goes as time goes on.

Thanks for voting on the 2013 Victory Judge and please Vote & Discusss on the new current Cool Wall bike up now.

Mike

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#20 Unread post by ZRex »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I have to be honest and say the more I look at the 2013 Victory Judge the more it is drawing me in to ride it. I think the 2013 Victory Judge will be a hit, unless it's a pig of a bike...

ceemes & ZRex : Yes, there is nothing like a muscle car is there? I'm drawn to them myself, I equate a muscle car to a naked bike as it's all about the engine and simplicity of it all. I owned a 1980 Camaro V8 back in the day (bought it before I had a licence for $50! outside of a bar) haha.

I looked just like this:

When we move back to North America we looking at buying a muscle car... (Challenger, 350/370z or even a mustang)

Mike

Yeah I love Muscle Cars and naked bikes for the same reason. It is great to see other people were as lucky as me when it comes to a first car. My dad restored a 1968 Mustang GT to sell but, when he got done he did not want to sell it, so he gave it to me when I was 14, and my neighbor had a 72 Nova that he turned into a drag car. Good luck getting a muscle car, when I get my money situation straightened out I would like to get a new(ish) Mustang GT.