2012 Suzuki Hayabusa - Voted: Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Suzuki Hayabusa is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Suzuki Hayabusa - Voted: Awesome

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Suzuki Hayabusa

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... yabusa.htm

2012 Suzuki Hayabusa

The Suzuki Hayabusa, quite simply, isn't for everyone. With performance credentials that have established it as the most exciting sportbike on the planet, it's designed for serious sport riders who will settle for nothing less than the best. If that's you, and if you choose to ride the Hayabusa, you'll be rewarded with a riding experience you'll never forget. Its combination of unsurpassed power, crisp handling and superb aerodynamics creates the ultimate sport bike.

For 2012, the Hayabusa is available with new graphics and colors - Glass Sparkle Black and Candy Sonoma Red.

Ever since Suzuki introduced the Hayabusa, it's had only one competitor: Itself. That's why the latest Hayabusa is so impressive - compared to the original, it's hotter than ever. For enthusiasts, that comparison will make your heart pound.
Building on an impeccable pedigree, the Hayabusa features a number of major developments to cement its place at the forefront of sportsbike styling, engineering and performance.

Effortlessly delivering broad, muscular torque, the new Hayabusa is powered by a 1,340cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, four-cylinder, 16-valve engine, offering 11% greater performance and smoother running than its predecessor.

Suzuki's Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system, with dual injectors per cylinder, improves power delivery for a more linear response, better fuel economy and reduced emissions.

Idle Speed Control (ISC) improves cold starts and maintains a stable idle, while the Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system and large-volume catalyser reduce emissions.

The new Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) delivers a choice of three different engine power characteristic settings to suit riding conditions and preferences.

A new 4-2-1-2 exhaust system includes dual, large-volume, tapered mufflers for increased banking angle, cornering clearance, enhanced power and reduced noise.

The slick-shifting six-speed transmission works in conjunction with the innovative Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) back-torque-limiting clutch to deliver smooth and controlled downshifts.

Featuring fully-adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping on the front suspension and link-type rear shock absorber, the Hayabusa's inverted cartridge forks use Diamond-Like Coating (DLC) surface treatment to reduce static friction and improve rider feel.

Race-proven, aluminium piston, radial-mount front brake calipers combined with smaller 310mm dual-floating-discs reduces unsprung weight and improves handling.

The original Hayabusa was the best. With today's Hayabusa, you're looking at better than the best.

2012 Suzuki Hayabusa Key Features

Redesigned instrument cluster now features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with a new S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine rpm indicator.

1340cc engine, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers provides 11% higher performance and smoother operation.

Suzuki SDTV fuel injection system with dual injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox.

S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences.

Lightweight titanium intake and exhaust valves with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency.

Lightweight aluminum alloy pistons feature a revised shape and a higher compression ratio of 12.5:1 for maximum performance in all conditions.

SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation and new hydraulic cam chain tensioner for reduced mechanical noise.

Ventilation holes at the cylinder skirt for reduced pumping losses and increased performance.

High efficiency curved radiator now features dual electric fans controlled by the ECM for increased cooling capacity. Oil cooler now has 10 rows cores for increased heat dissipation.

Large volume 4-2-1-2 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, dual triangular canisters and closed loop system that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 regulations.

Shot-peened chrome-moly steel connecting rods for maximum durability Ion plating treatment utilizing PVD (physical vapor deposit) method is applied to piston rings providing a smoother surface treatment for increased durability, reduced friction loss and reduced oil consumption.

Slick shifting 6 speed transmission working in conjunction with an innovative back torque limiting clutch for smooth and controlled downshifts.

Aggressive aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient retains it's signature Hayabusa look and features an updated, muscular look to work with the new more powerful engine and updated chassis.

Fully adjustable inverted front fork featuring DLC coated inner tubes for minimal friction resistance and outstanding suspension performance over a variety of riding conditions.

Fully adjustable rear shock absorber with a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter.

Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.

Bridged aluminum alloy swingarm features a new cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity and to cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output.

Radial-mount front brake calipers for maximum braking performance and allows for smaller 310mm front brake rotors resulting in reduced unsprung weight and improved handling.

Lightweight single piston rear brake caliper working in conjunction with a new larger 260mm rear brake disc.

Newly designed wheels mounted with high performance Bridgestone BT-015 tyres for unmatched handling and control.

Passenger seat and rear subframe are lowered for improved passenger comfort

Fuel tank height is lowered to allow riders helmet to tuck in and windscreen height is increased for improved wind protection and optimum aerodynamic efficiency with the rider in place.

Newly designed vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the new Hayabusa styling.

LED taillight utilizes a double lens structure with a clear inner lens and a red outer lens for maximum visibility and a high quality finish.

=================================================
2012 Suzuki Hayabusa - USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $13,999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $15,399 CDN

CHASSIS
Overall Length 2190 mm (86.2 in)
Overall Width 735 mm (28.9 in)
Wheelbase 1480 mm (58.3 in)
Ground Clearance 120 mm (4.7 in)
Seat Height 805 mm (31.7 in)
Curb Weight 260 kg (573 lbs)
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Chain, RK GB50GSV Z4, 114 links
Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Tires Front 120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless
Tires Rear 190/50ZR17 M/C (73W), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 21.0 L (5.5 US gallons)
Fuel Tank Capacity CA 20.0 L (5.3 US gallons)
Color Glass Sparkle Black and Pearl Glacier White

ENGINE
Displacement 1340cc, 4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
Starter Electric
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)

WARRANTY
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... yabusa.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Re: This Week's Bike: 2012 Suzuki Hayabusa - Vote & Discuss

#2 Unread post by madjak30 »

Well, it's not the bike it used to be...Kawasaki has topped it with the Ninja ZX-14R...and that has been topped by the BMW S1000RR...so it isn't the TOP DOG anylonger, but those other bikes don't have the name & marketing...you ask most non-riders what the fastest bike is and I would be willing to bet the Hyabusa, or 'Busa, would be at the top of the list 99% of the time...

It's not really a HyperBike, but it is a SuperSport Touring bike...I would love to take one for a blast, but I'm not sure if I could own one (opinion may change after a ride :mrgreen: )

I voted: AWESOME

Just on reputation alone of being an all around great and easy bike to ride, but offering some of the best performance you can buy...pull off the tacky decals and you have a pretty nice bike :wink:

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#3 Unread post by dr_bar »

I know I'll take flack for this but...

I voted uncool if only for the fact that any squid in the world can buy this bike that should really be limited to track use only. There is no reason whatsoever to have that much power in a bike.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by HYPERR »

With a name as cool as Hayabusa (I love when manufacturers name bikes in their native language 8) ...as long as it's not Chinese :laughing: ) and monster engine to back it up, there is no other way to vote other than Awesome. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#5 Unread post by ZRex »

This is a tough one, the Hayabusa is an Awesome bike, but not as Awesome as the ZX-14R. I guess I will have to vote Awesome, I guess it was not as tough as I thought.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#6 Unread post by Wrider »

I'm gonna vote cool. I love the Busa, and everyone here knows that, but at the same time, the '12 ZX14 blows it away.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#7 Unread post by High_Side »

It's alright I suppose.... cool.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#8 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

There's a reason why it's name rhymes with Eye Abuser ;-P

That said, I love "form follows function"-type bikes, and the Hayabusa is, in its own weird way, one of the most provocative, polarising, and influential bikes of the late 90s, and a modern classic. Cool then.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#9 Unread post by HYPERR »

Grey Thumper wrote:There's a reason why it's name rhymes with Eye Abuser ;-P
It only rhymes if one does the non-prevocalic [r] deletion as in a typical New York City accent. :wink:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#10 Unread post by ceemes »

I'd say cool, but its not really my style of bike....and to be honest, its tail strikes me as rather ugly looking, looks like they fished some tail bits and bobs out of excess cruiser part bin.
Always ask why.