Larry Culling
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Red 2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Re: good morning from Vancouver!

#131 Unread post by Larry Culling »

I have been riding only two years. I took the course and am ready to do my M2 exit to the M license and am considering doing it at the school in stead of the MTO. I have been riding with two clubs and have already led several rides. I earned my road captains patch with the Southern Cruisers and was asked to be a second commander, they didn't like the fact that I would be a second commander in their club and belong to the CMC,s. I decided to drop my membership in the Southern Cruisers and will devot all my time to the CMCs. The CMCs are in my home town and are friends and neighbours of mine. I will still ride with the Southern Cruisers group but as a guest. I just need to keep the wheels turning. I put on 12,000 Klm last season. I didn't own my bike for two months after I finished the course. That was pure Hell.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#132 Unread post by sunshine229 »

OMG Isles I still drool at the site of your bike... :drool:
Andrea :sun:

IzoAzlion
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: None yet, looking at Ninja/CBR 250

#133 Unread post by IzoAzlion »

Me too, I went to Kawasaki (Finally) on Saturday afternoon and sat on the 650R/ER6F, well, the 2012 anyway. Surprised it didn't feel that heavy and really liked it.

Jealous man!

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#134 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

Loving the bike still, despite a couple of scratches from my mistake. Moving day today but I'm off until next Wednesday so if the move goes well I'll have a few days to go riding. Can't wait to get this over with

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#135 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

this morning coming up westminster hwy in richmond from #6 road headed toward 9 road on my way to work and doing a respectable clip (speed limit is 50,but no one goes less than 70 there) and I'm dealing with an impatient woman tailgating the hell out of me about 3 feet behind. There's almost no shoulder there, but I was considering stopping and letting her go by rather than going impound speeds, but I wasn't comfortable slowing down with her trying to stick the nose of her car into my rear tire.

After a couple of minutes of this, I made some distance, only to have her take that as a sign what she was doing was working and came right back up to tailgate me again.

I gave her a gesture (not the finger although maybe I should have) to back off and instead she proceeds to pass me on the right hand side (still in the lane, not on the shoulder)

Other than speeding up even more than I did, what the hell do I do to avoid that in future? At the time she passed me it was at impound speeds and if I slowed down to pull over and let her by she would have run me over.

Image pic is from a week or so ago when I rode in at -2C

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#136 Unread post by Wrider »

Whenever I have people do that, I flash my brake lights, and if that doesn't work, I'll turn around and make sure they see me, then give them the universal stop (open hand facing them). If that doesn't work, I go 10 under the limit the rest of the road.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#137 Unread post by madjak30 »

Sometimes it is best to do what you can to let the mentally challenged go past...any argument with a car and you will lose, whether you are right or not!! So just let them go by...cops won't do anything about it unless they see the actions first hand (even that is debatable), so do what you have to to protect yourself...there are a lot of SCARY drivers in the lower mainland, so watch yourself!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#138 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

Wrider wrote:Whenever I have people do that, I flash my brake lights, and if that doesn't work, I'll turn around and make sure they see me, then give them the universal stop (open hand facing them). If that doesn't work, I go 10 under the limit the rest of the road.
Pretty much exactly what I did, and she almost hit me passing me on the right, except I didn't slow down.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#139 Unread post by Wrider »

If they're close enough to almost hit me, I make sure the knuckle protectors on my gloves get a good workout. Then I make sure to follow them to their destination.

Granted I'm a pretty big guy so the fact that I'm following them tends to unnerve them...
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite

#140 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

if I wasn't so shocked when she passed me I likely would have taken a few kicks at her door/mirror. I was raging for quite a while afterwards.