2012 Suzuki Hayabusa - Voted: Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Suzuki Hayabusa is...

You may select 1 option

View results

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week's Bike: 2012 Suzuki Hayabusa - Vote & Discuss

#11 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Well boys... I really struggled with this one but in the end I had to vote uncool. :sofa:

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the necessity for this kind of power and speed for a road bike. Also, I don't like the bubbly look of it. Does anyone actually find the look of this bike appealing? :dunno:
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Uncool

In my opinion it's kind of a "lost child" in the Suzuki range. Sure, Suzuki needed a sport touring bike to compete with the other manufacturers but this engine has a lot more potential than being stuck in just 1 model. Back when it was first launched (2002 I believe) I thought Suzuki was going to also make a GSX-1300R with it (as well), but to no avail yet.

I would like to see more updates to the Hayabusa and for it to go on a fat slimming diet program. It's just too "bulky" looking and the rear end of the bike always makes me think "scooter". If Suzuki cleaned the lines up more by adding some angles to bring the style more up to date then that would work and get rid of the camel hump rear please (fail).

Again, wonderful engine (awesome), why not put it in a 2013 Suzuki Bandit 1350 or 2013 GSX-R1300?

For me, the Busa does have a well deserved reputation but it just falls too short to be cool.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#13 Unread post by jstark47 »

It gets a Cool from me for that marvelous motor. I've never much liked the way it looks (...but as we V-strom owners say, if you're riding it you don't need to look at it!!!!) :mrgreen:

totalmotorcycle wrote:Sure, Suzuki needed a sport touring bike to compete with the other manufacturers but this engine has a lot more potential than being stuck in just 1 model.
Suzuki tried putting that engine in a different bike, the B-King. It didn't work out well for them.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jstark47 wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Sure, Suzuki needed a sport touring bike to compete with the other manufacturers but this engine has a lot more potential than being stuck in just 1 model.
Suzuki tried putting that engine in a different bike, the B-King. It didn't work out well for them.
Doh, of course, had a brain fart there. I even looked at buying a B-King when I first saw it in images, but then when I sat on it it wasn't a good fit and was quite wide, but then I bought a V-Strom so go figure! haha.

I agree, wonderful engine, Suzuki just needs to put it into a non-bulky naked bike or sportbike.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#15 Unread post by Wrider »

Pssst, hey Mike, it is the GSX-1300R. Oh and '97... lol

Honestly though if they tuned the Busa motor like they do the GSX-R lineup, it'd produce some amazing horsepower numbers. And I keep wishing Suzuki would come out with an actual sport tourer along the lines of the Concours, KxxxxGT, FJR, or ST.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wrider wrote:Pssst, hey Mike, it is the GSX-1300R. Oh and '97... lol

Honestly though if they tuned the Busa motor like they do the GSX-R lineup, it'd produce some amazing horsepower numbers. And I keep wishing Suzuki would come out with an actual sport tourer along the lines of the Concours, KxxxxGT, FJR, or ST.
I should just go back to bed today! haha. Didn't have a lot of sleep when I wrote that and of course as Andrea would tell you, never have time to re-read my posts a lot... :laughing:

Thank god you got the gist of what I was saying with the tuning of the Busa motor though and the idea of a actual sport tourer like the other's have. Although they are trying with the 2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA ST/SEA Touring here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ouring.htm

Mike

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#17 Unread post by Wrider »

Lol you're one busy guy... I know exactly what you were saying! But yeah if they would make an actual sport touring bike it'd be great!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The votes are still coming in so it will be interesting to see how the Busa' comes out tomorrow morning... so far it's:

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Suzuki Hayabusa is...

Awesome 40%
Cool 30%
Uncool 25%
Fail 5%

Keep voting!

Mike

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#19 Unread post by jstark47 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Wrider wrote:And I keep wishing Suzuki would come out with an actual sport tourer along the lines of the Concours, KxxxxGT, FJR, or ST.
.......and the idea of a actual sport tourer like the other's have. Although they are trying with the 2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA ST/SEA Touring
IMO the GSX1250FA is a lot closer to the idea of a sport-tourer than a ST1300. And if something happened to my Trophy, I would much sooner buy a GSX1250FA than a Concours 14. The GSX1250FA comes at a reasonable price, it's not larded up with electronic gizmos, and the Concours has no answer to its 130 lb weight advantage. No, it doesn't have the top end performance of the Concours, but ........ seriously.... where the heck am I gonna use that? The Bandit motor is famous for its fat torque band. I sat on a GSX1250FA at the NY show last month, it felt light and comfy.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#20 Unread post by mogster »

dr_bar wrote: I voted uncool if only for the fact that any squid in the world can buy this bike that should really be limited to track use only. There is no reason whatsoever to have that much power in a bike.

+1

Funnily enough I bumped into an old friend today who drags his 'Busa here in UK. It is an awesome bike on the strip but when I see it parked up next to others on a night out (his is street legal), it always looks like an enormous lump of plastic.

I am sure the tech spec on the new model is impressive but not my cup of tea old chap.

Uncool from me :(
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land