2012 Yamaha VMAX / VMX17: Voted: Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Yamaha VMAX / VMX17 is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week - 2012 Yamaha VMAX / VMX17: Vote and Discuss

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great posts and voting! Keep it up!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#12 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I voted uncool. When it comes to muscle bikes, I'm more a fan of the Kawi Zrex's. The bike just doesn't flow right when I look at it.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

There is just something very awesome about the idea behind the V-Max, the original muscle bike (well, I guess you could call the Honda CB750K or even GS1000/GS750 or way back the Kawasaki H1 or H2...) but the V-Max has been around so long it's classic and represents the catagory so well today.

I do prefer the V-Max version 1 (pre-2006) but the new one is nothing to sneeze at at all. I just wish I could fit on it as I'm sure the V4 engine is the cat's meow. :D

:revv:

So either version of the VMAX's gets a solid awesome from me too.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#14 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I voted: Awesome

There is just something very awesome about the idea behind the V-Max, the original muscle bike
ahem.....the Honda V4 Magna's and Sabre' predate the V-Max by a couple of years, if anything, the V-Max was designed to compete against the Honda Magna. If Honda didn't have problems where their early V-4's which soured its rep almost irredeemably, odds are the battle between the Magna and V-Max would be continuing to this day
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#15 Unread post by HYPERR »

ceemes wrote:

There is just something very awesome about the idea behind the V-Max, the original muscle bike
ahem.....the Honda V4 Magna's and Sabre' predate the V-Max by a couple of years, if anything, the V-Max was designed to compete against the Honda Magna. If Honda didn't have problems where their early V-4's which soured its rep almost irredeemably, odds are the battle between the Magna and V-Max would be continuing to this day
:kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ah, ceemes, you do drive me crazy (in a good way), yes, the Honda Sabre is one of those great (but seemingly forgotten) muscle bikes, I even looked at buying a V45 Sabre myself long ago. :D

HYPERR - Thanks for the youtube commercial of it, was great watching it! Don't foget you can embed a YouTube video in your post here using the Youtube tags (done for ya, thank Andrea for that). :D

Mike

Markg1
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

#17 Unread post by Markg1 »

HYPERR wrote:
ceemes wrote:

:kicking:
What a commercial! (Thanks...it took me back for a minute!) When I was a teenager that is all I wanted was a V65 Magna! THE ORIGINAL MUSCLE bike! I believe it was the first bike to break into the 10's in the quarter mile. The power was unlike any bike on the market! It was way ahead of it's time. I was lucky enough to have owned a V65 as a teenager or maybe I should say lucky enough not to kill myself! I drove it for years then it started to give me trouble. I then bought a Gen1 Vmax. More power than the V65 but not much more. I really liked the bike. Then I bought the Gen2, HOLY COW! The technology, the power, the handling, the braking, the torque, the acceleration....just NUTS!!! If it wasn't for the V65 I don't think we would be discussing the GEN2, which in my opinion is one of the most amazing bikes on the road! I LOVE mine! Great choice for the cool wall! Thanks, I really enjoyed this thread!!! You all have a great weekend!
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#18 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Awesome! How can you vote anything but? It's a classic muscle bike that has stood the test of time and just looks sooooo hot. Awesome, awesome, awesome! :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#19 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Well, it's the current version of a modern classic that was so awesome, it stayed in production essentially unchanged for almost two decades. This new one is, at the very least, extremely cool.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#20 Unread post by fireguzzi »

It's one of those bikes I loved as a kid. I still think it's awesome today. I vote awesome.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]